Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Steelers Thread

I don't know why people keep banging the "100% on the coaches" drum.

Drops everywhere

Stafford overthrew pretty much every guy in the 1st quarter

The secondary couldn't tackle for shit today

None of that is coaching

The coaches should get some blame, but players on both sides of the ball made huge mistakes today.

I never blame the coaches....but today is that exception. They get huge blame. I expect players to drop the ball, QB's to miss open receivers (Rapey missed a wide open td from 15 feet away), guys to get burned. But I NEVER expect a coaching staff to make that dumb of call with that fake FG. That can't happen and there's no excuse for it to happen.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

Stafford missed a lot of people early in the game with overthrows. Probably missed out on 10 points possible 14. (ogaltree over throw and pettigrew one)
There were also plenty of drops in this game. Inexcusable ones.
Defense was a joke; secondary had the worst game i have seen in years. Dline did not get enough pressure, and I don't even recall seeing our LB's out there.

Coaches just added to the issues, players need to be better.

Who cares Akers prolly woulda missed it anyway, no excuses giving up 37 points to the second most sacked QB in the league...no excuse for that...massively over rated dline was pretty pathetic today

Lions have been a tease for decade after decade, this season is no different just tease more often..

"Mediocrity or Bust" (patent pending)

Stafford struggled a lot but we still scored 27 points. Schwartz made some terrible calls but man it's that 97 yard drive that pisses me of more than anything.

I don't know why people keep banging the "100% on the coaches" drum.

Drops everywhere

Stafford overthrew pretty much every guy in the 1st quarter

The secondary couldn't tackle for shit today

None of that is coaching

The coaches should get some blame, but players on both sides of the ball made huge mistakes today.

Botched play calls didn't change the outcome of the game? For instance, does the int even happen if it's a tie game? 3 consecutive pass plays on the 1 yard line? Did Bell get stopped behind the los today? Give him the fucking ball, that is why we have a big back

Last edited:
Yup had em 3rd and 9 on the 3 yard line and we give him 10 mins to throw one 17 yards for a first down, game was over right there and then

Gunther you are terrible

Who cares Akers prolly woulda missed it anyway, no excuses giving up 37 points to the second most sacked QB in the league...no excuse for that...massively over rated dline was pretty pathetic today

I don't know why the D-line is highly rated to begin with. With Jones down, they're strong up the middle with scrubs on the ends.

Last edited:
Getting burned anyway might as well dial up some blitzes right?

I will never understand our defensive philosophy.

Bring 4 and hope they get pressure.

Soft zone coverage behind them. No man, no bump.

So when we DON'T get pressure QB's just sit back and pick apart our soft zone. When we do get pressure.....QB's just have to step up and dump it down to the RB or TE leaking out. We never force QB's to make bad decisions because they have so much time.....any NFL QB will make good decisions when they have 3.5-5 seconds to throw consistently and DON'T have to worry about a blitz.....because we don't.

The defensive is so vanilla and so predictable most of us could dial up an offense that would work against it.

I just don't get it. It makes no sense.

Botched play calls didn't change the outcome of the game. For instance, does the int even happen if it's a tie game?

If Stafford was even remotely accurate, they might've been up by a TD or more at that point.

So many missed opportunities. That was frustrating.

End of first half, 2 overthrows first half and the fake FG. Unbeleivable.

Let's go Ravens and Giants

It was a terrible day by Stafford in the rain. Inside 5 of the next 6.

Lions never play well outdoors when in inclement weather, today's rainy second half was proof.

Lions now -2 in TO differential with a -3 day. You can't win losing the ball like that.

It was a terrible day by Stafford in the rain. Inside 5 of the next 6.

Good to know...send Reggie a memo about it too. Jump cuts do not work on slippery surfaces you fucking fuckup

Back