Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Steelers Thread

Lions never should have been behind a really bad 3-6 Pittsburgh team period..
37 freaking points to a team only averaging 19 going in..
Matt misses a wide open Reggie Bush on the opening drive which would have been a TD.
19-46.. Matt is really good.. Just not so much last Sunday..

So you actually know what the fuck happened instead of talking out of your ass with general stats.

Stafford made plays on those last 2 drives. In the pouring rain (yes it started raining harder), you chose to ignore the good things he did. Blame the OLine and WRS for the final 2 drives. There was one missed throw to Durham on the sidelines on the last drive. 5 of the 6 incompletions were not on Stafford in the final drive. In fact the throw to Ogletree was incredible and should have given the Lions a miracle chance in Pittsburgh territory.

The problem with you is you make too many excuses. Every team has dropped balls. Every team has injuries. Every team has missed plays. You make it sound like the Lions would win every game if it weren't for bad luck etc. The Lions are what they are. An above average team that has no depth, is undisiplined and has a shitty coaching staff. Until all three of those things change I see more of the same. Up and down seasons with no post season success.

The problem with you is you make too many excuses. Every team has dropped balls. Every team has injuries. Every team has missed plays. You make it sound like the Lions would win every game if it weren't for bad luck etc. The Lions are what they are. An above average team that has no depth, is undisiplined and has a shitty coaching staff. Until all three of those things change I see more of the same. Up and down seasons with no post season success.

bears beat us if alshon catches that ball in the end zone and if cutler hits wide open marshal 40 yds down field.

It was a pressured batted pass. Someone right in his face. Did you watch the game at all? I don't think you did.

You just make generic comments from the stats. Oh I see Calvin had 0 catches, Stafford had a bunch of incompletions. The coaching staff scheme is wrong (even though I know you have no fucking clue what play they called).

WATCH THE GAME AGAIN

3 passes to calvin in the 2nd half is the wrong scheme....

Trying to throw the ball 50 times in the rain is the wrong scheme. Pittsburge couldn't stop Joique Bell, and when he goes down the Lions turn to Theo Riddick, with a healthy dressed Mikel Leshoure on the sideline. Pretty confusing

So you actually know what the fuck happened instead of talking out of your ass with general stats.

Stafford made plays on those last 2 drives. In the pouring rain (yes it started raining harder), you chose to ignore the good things he did. Blame the OLine and WRS for the final 2 drives. There was one missed throw to Durham on the sidelines on the last drive. 5 of the 6 incompletions were not on Stafford in the final drive. In fact the throw to Ogletree was incredible and should have given the Lions a miracle chance in Pittsburgh territory.

And he also made horrible passes those 2 Drives. This is not all on the receivers. Wake up and smell your own stupidity.

And he also made horrible passes those 2 Drives. This is not all on the receivers. Wake up and smell your own stupidity.

He made enough plays to win the game is the point. The horrible throws came after the WRS screwed him. Stafford and Bell are the only ones on offense who showed up in the 2nd half.

He made enough plays to win the game is the point. The horrible throws came after the WRS screwed him. Stafford and Bell are the only ones on offense who showed up in the 2nd half.

he played good for 1 qtr and sucked the other 3. rewatch the game for the 4th time.....ur obviously missing something.

he played good for 1 qtr and sucked the other 3. rewatch the game for the 4th time.....ur obviously missing something.

Staffords WRs couldnt catch shit late in the game and he was forced to make a play, he ends up throwing a pick late. Do you blame the guy for that? Durham, Reddick, Ogletree all with late drops in the game and not only random drops but huge drops for first downs and big gains.

Stafford played like shit in the 1st quarter, played great in the 2nd, blah in the 3rd but good enough in the 4th. His wideouts/RB let him down bigtime. Burleson cant come back quick enough.

Staffords WRs couldnt catch shit late in the game and he was forced to make a play, he ends up throwing a pick late. Do you blame the guy for that? Durham, Reddick, Ogletree all with late drops in the game and not only random drops but huge drops for first downs and big gains.

Stafford played like shit in the 1st quarter, played great in the 2nd, blah in the 3rd but good enough in the 4th. His wideouts/RB let him down bigtime. Burleson cant come back quick enough.

Agreed. And his first quarter he led two good drives too but failed at the end of them (one was on Calvin and Ogletree was just a bit too far. Finally someone that actually watched the game. Plus 2 HUGE first down runs in the 4th Quarter. One their was a face mask not called too that should have been first and goal Lions. Anyone who thinks he played bad for 3 Quarters needs to rewatch. I'm looking at you hughes. We are giving specific examples here. You got nothing other than blind stats with no context.

Agreed. And his first quarter he led two good drives too but failed at the end of them (one was on Calvin and Ogletree was just a bit too far. Finally someone that actually watched the game. Plus 2 HUGE first down runs in the 4th Quarter. One their was a face mask not called too that should have been first and goal Lions. Anyone who thinks he played bad for 3 Quarters needs to rewatch. I'm looking at you hughes. We are giving specific examples here. You got nothing other than blind stats with no context.

how many touchdows did he miss wide open guys on in the 1st quarter? im looking at you lkp....youve watched the game 4 times and you keep failing to mention that point. He played a shitty game. I can watch the game and tell you he played a shitty game, i can look at the stat sheet and tell you he played a shitty game. I can look at the W/L column and tell you he played a shitty game. It was a shitty game.

You agree..haha. It's like you two share the same brain. Ogletree was a bit too far? :lmao: The QB is suppose to throw it to where the WR is, not the other away around..

You agree..haha. It's like you two share the same brain. Ogletree was a bit too far? :lmao: The QB is suppose to throw it to where the WR is, not the other away around..

Not on a deep go route. He is supposed to lead the WR. And Ogletree got stopped just enough on his route to slow him up. Throwing to where the WR is, would be a short throw and a pick or jump ball. See the Calvin int.

Mitch, it's clear you don't know enough about football which is why you think Stafford was terrible on Sunday. Study up and try again next week.

And you can put as many stupid smiley faces as you want. You are clearly lacking the knowledge.

Last edited:
Not on a deep go route. He is supposed to lead the WR. And Ogletree got stopped just enough on his route to slow him up. Throwing to where the WR is, would be a short throw and a pick or jump ball. See the Calvin int.

Mitch, it's clear you don't know enough about football which is why you think Stafford was terrible on Sunday. Study up and try again next week.

And you can put as many stupid smiley faces as you want. You are clearly lacking the knowledge.

I guess most of us here know nothing either. You and your boy Tony are the smart ones. You even come up with the same lines..

I guess most of us here know nothing either. You and your boy Tony are the smart ones. You even come up with the same lines..

heres a stat for you...we scored 0 points in qtrs 1, 3 and 4. Sounds pretty shitty to me. Go ask Peyton manning whos fault that would be if his team didnt score in 3 out of 4 quarters.

heres a stat for you...we scored 0 points in qtrs 1, 3 and 4. Sounds pretty shitty to me. Go ask Peyton manning whos fault that would be if his team didnt score in 3 out of 4 quarters.

In-fact I bet Staff would say he had a bad game.

Players say generic things too. I bet the grade on him wasn't as bad you think.

He had a good 2nd quarter so if there are grades out there I bet a C, C-. Being generous, C+.

He had a good 2nd quarter so if there are grades out there I bet a C, C-. Being generous, C+.

He had some long drives in the first quarter too (frist and third drive), last drive end of the third quarter the Lions were moving the ball really well (two Stafford darts to Durham and Ross for first downs) and we've already went over all the drops and Stafford runs in the 4th Quarter.

Back