Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Steelers Thread

18 points left on the board. Plus 3 from the fake play. 21 points. Stafford miss to Bush on 3rd and 2, Stafford miss to Ogletree and Stafford miss to Pettigrew in the endzone. And Ogletree dropped that great ball down 37-27 in garbage time. And the Bush fumble in Steelers territory. Such a missed opportunity.

Jeremy Ross dropped 2nd and 10 that would have been a first down before the moonball interception. Huge drop. Give me Burleson healthy and fuck the rain. Move it indoors at Ford Field the next 4 out of 5.

Last edited:
Until we get some coaching we won't do much. See SF pre Harbaugh, KC pre Reid. Makes a lot of difference.

Yeah that pisses me off. The Chiefs go 2-14 and in 2013 they're 9-1. Why can't we make a huge jump like that and suddenly have a defense who shuts down opposing offenses?

This is bullshit.

Yeah that pisses me off. The Chiefs go 2-14 and in 2013 they're 9-1. Why can't we make a huge jump like that and suddenly have a defense who shuts down opposing offenses?

This is bullshit.

Me too. This crew of tub thumpers have gotten us as far as we'll go with them.

This is bullshit.

Kc was smart enough to get rid of Gunther. we were dumb enough to hire Gunther. Were even dumber for not ever getting rid of Gunther. We have to hope he dies. The guy is like 80 yrs old....how come he cant have a stroke at halftime?

Kc was smart enough to get rid of Gunther. we were dumb enough to hire Gunther. Were even dumber for not ever getting rid of Gunther. We have to hope he dies. The guy is like 80 yrs old....how come he cant have a stroke at halftime?

Haha, I mentioned Gunthers demise earlier in this thread. I don't wish death on him, just something that forces him to not be coaching anymore

Haha, I mentioned Gunthers demise earlier in this thread. I don't wish death on him, just something that forces him to not be coaching anymore

Like a mini stroke?

Some of you are harsh, lol.

New staff in 2014. Has to happen. New GM too..

Is it part of Gunthers scheme to line up Houston 20 yards off and then bail like he's the bilge pump on the Titanic. Probably.

I'd like to know one thing...

When the Lions give the opposing QB all day to throw, they usually torch em.

But when Stafford has all day to throw, he completes 41% of his passes.

Well I do not want anyone to have a stroke or die but it is frustrating that we can never get any coaches in here and have a amazing turnaround like some franchise do..

frustrating.. team has to much offensive talent to be only 6-4 .

I have no clue what schemes are in Gunther's head... (Neither does he).

Scott's play calling is maddening... 25% he is brilliant, and with our talent
it can work for a bunch of points..
75% he flat out sucks.

Is it part of Gunthers scheme to line up Houston 20 yards off and then bail like he's the bilge pump on the Titanic. Probably.

I always think about those Falcon fans who kept saying Houston has trouble turning around to make a play on the ball so maybe he has a plan made specific for him. Because the several few weeks, he's been horrible.

Though I wouldn't overlook the Gunther 10 step plan.

I'd like to know one thing...

When the Lions give the opposing QB all day to throw, they usually torch em.

But when Stafford has all day to throw, he completes 41% of his passes.

Just horrible. I've seen him all year missing passes early but yesterday all day he just stunk. The last couple drives it was almost like he didn't even care.

Just horrible. I've seen him all year missing passes early but yesterday all day he just stunk. The last couple drives it was almost like he didn't even care.

You need to rewatch the game. 1 batted pass and 2 drops on that last drive. Plus Stafford ran for a first on 4th down. Stafford made some plays. The drive before down 3. Two drops.

Last edited:
You need to rewatch the game. 1 batted pass and 2 drops on that last drive. Plus Stafford ran for a first on 4th down. Stafford made some plays. The drive before down 3. Two drops.

So, batted ball is on him. He was horrible.

So, batted ball is on him. He was horrible.

It was a pressured batted pass. Someone right in his face. Did you watch the game at all? I don't think you did.

You just make generic comments from the stats. Oh I see Calvin had 0 catches, Stafford had a bunch of incompletions. The coaching staff scheme is wrong (even though I know you have no fucking clue what play they called).

WATCH THE GAME AGAIN

It was a pressured batted pass. Someone right in his face. Did you watch the game at all? I don't think you did.

You just make generic comments from the stats. Oh I see Calvin had 0 catches, Stafford had a bunch of incompletions. The coaching staff scheme is wrong (even though I know you have no fucking clue what play they called).

WATCH THE GAME AGAIN

Then have him move in the pocket and find a spot. Why do we get all the balls batted down.

What, you mean we got pressured? Like that has never happened before, ha. I wonder when we bat a ball down do youfeel the same.

And why would anyone watch that game again..? 19-46 was bad once.

So you actually know what the fuck happened instead of talking out of your ass with general stats.

Stafford made plays on those last 2 drives. In the pouring rain (yes it started raining harder), you chose to ignore the good things he did. Blame the OLine and WRS for the final 2 drives. There was one missed throw to Durham on the sidelines on the last drive. 5 of the 6 incompletions were not on Stafford in the final drive. In fact the throw to Ogletree was incredible and should have given the Lions a miracle chance in Pittsburgh territory.

Back