Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 102 Tigers at guardians July 23, 2024 6:40 pm start

Who was worse ? Wentz or Vest ?

vest gets a clean damn stat line but he let 2 runners scored he has no business letting in. Sac fly is on him. Next run is AJ’s fault for not walking Ramirez. I don’t get it isn’t AJ a micro manager ?

Last edited:
Clase is so good.

But still if this ump was any good the game should be 5-5 .
Because Madris walked. Ball was 5 inches low.

Coming into today...overall, 16th in runs scored, 16th in runs allowed.
Hitters woke up a little, relief pitching fell off...a little?

It seems like when a team loses a bull pen game, it really turns into 2 or more losses. The pen gets abused and then they are weak for days to come. I would rather bring up a starter to eat up 5 or 6 innings, take a beat down, and live to play another day.

Boxscore.

Guardians 5 - Tigers 4: Late comeback falls a touch short.
The Tigers kept chipping away, but when you have to face a buzz saw for the ninth inning, that’s an uphill battle.
BYBTB

Early homers doom Detroit Tigers in bullpen-only 5-4 loss to Cleveland Guardians.
Freep

They said they called Madris up because he hits RHP and we were going to face a lot of those coming up. His at bats have not been good. Although he did walk. That ump was terrible tonight.. that is what they said on the tv broadcast.

You guys who are say 45 or older: Is MLB better now or "then?" I say then.

Back