Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game #105 Minnesota at Detroit July 26th 2024 6:40 est

Riley Greene was put on the dl today. Calf Strain. Vilade called back up.
Also heard it was a hamstring too . So not sure.
You mean to tell me that the tigers let a player knowingly play hurt which led to him going on the IL. I'm shocked

Tigers 5th.
Kelly single
Urshela FC. Kelly out.
JB ground out dp to first. Sigh.

He had been complaining about leg weakness and they figured dh'ing him was the correct way to handle their franchise player in a meaningless season.
I agree he should not have been playing. Frustrating they probably let him talk his way into the line up. They need to be better ? Why do you think he played. I don’t get it he is suppose to be a corner stone. The season is lost practically. They should be more cautious with him.

Last edited:
Guess that is Shay they left Montero in.

Gas can Wentz gets first batter on 1 Pitch.
Then single and homer. 8-2.

Nice to see a bunch of laughing in the dugout down 8-2. Guess I just hate al the losing The tigers seem to be good at doing. Maybe one day we will have a good team again.

It really would have been nice to get a win before Skubal starts. Just no energy on team at all. At least Keith keeps hitting.

I just do not like watching Canha bat. I hope he gets traded for anything. Probably not worth anything.

Bases loaded and Freaking Gio bounces into a fielders choice. Out at home.
Freaking Gio and Mark Canha The two off season pickups have had nothing but terrible at bats tonight. Jb already has 1 hit. Noway he gets 2. Pops out .
Back to back fails with a runner on third and less than 2 outs.
Perez pops out. Bases loaded no outs they get nothing. I guess no one can elevate a ball tonight. Frustrating at bats. Gio looks lost tonight at the plate.

Year after year of the Tigers being crap under the illitch’s. I wish the Detroit media was harder on this ownership . Just not enough winning seasons under them.

Shocker . Vest squeezed by another crappy ump. 3-2 pitch was a strike.

I guess we all know why this team not going to win the division, make the playoff finish with a winning season now! As if anyone wanted that.

Keider Montero has allowed 10 HR in 33 IP.

'It could've been worse': Greene (hamstring) lands on IL.
Tigers official site

Some learning tonight for Jackson Jobe..not the best command..finishes the 5th with a strikeout on 3 pitches after his 5th walk loaded the bases.. 5 IP one run 4 hits 5 walks 5 SO..91 pitches..

2 bullpen games in a week..make you throw a SP far longer than you would normally.

AAA lineup..playing like a AAA lineup.

Tigers No. 11 prospect Dillon Dingler is on the brink of his first big league promotion and has never been hitting better, with four homers in his past three games.

I just want the tigers to win . We should be crushing this division. So frustrating that Chris illich just doesn’t get it.

Boxscore.

Twins 9 - Tigers 3: The City Connect uniforms have lost their mojo.
Keider Montero struggled again, but so did just about the whole team in this one.
BYBTB

Detroit Tigers' Javier Báez homers for 2nd straight game, but Twins scorch Keider Montero.
Freep

I just want the tigers to win . We should be crushing this division. So frustrating that Chris illich just doesn’t get it.
We all do but this isn't a team built to 'crush the division'. In a season like this its all about hoping the rookies continue to improve.

Back