Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11 Packers @ Lions *Thanksgiving* Thread

TigerMud said:
pr0tege said:
Jesus Christ I understand Suh made a damn mistake in the game and yeah it was a costly mistake but hell EVERYONE has a lack of judgement at some point. It's amazing how fast people can turn on someone when they are at the lowest possibly point and typical for the basher's on this board when things are not going perfectly.

Shit happens really and people make mistakes especially a player like Suh who plays with passion and yeah at times he can play dirty but damn the guy makes a mistake and people immediately start hating and bashing him to death calling for his damn head.

It had been building it wasn't just this 1 play, we didn't want to believe he was dirty but after today it can't be denied.

How in the hell can you sit there and believe he isn't a dirty player after everything he has did before today? Hell everyone in the league believes he is a dirty player and guess what so is Harrison and so many others in the league and teams know that.

Him being a dirty type player is what this damn team needed more then anything after the last 10+ years of being ran over time and time again. So what he made a damn mistake today and as I said it was a costly mistake and will more then likely cost him not only a huge ass fine but as well maybe a game suspension at that but as far as saying OMG he is actually a dirty player and I can see that TRADE HIM NOW talk is ludicrous.

It had been building it wasn't just this 1 play, we didn't want to believe he was dirty but after today it can't be denied.

pr0tege said:
TigerMud said:
Shit happens really and people make mistakes especially a player like Suh who plays with passion and yeah at times he can play dirty but damn the guy makes a mistake and people immediately start hating and bashing him to death calling for his damn head.

How in the hell can you sit there and believe he isn't a dirty player after everything he has did before today? Hell everyone in the league believes he is a dirty player and guess what so is Harrison and so many others in the league and teams know that.

Him being a dirty type player is what this damn team needed more then anything after the last 10+ years of being ran over time and time again. So what he made a damn mistake today and as I said it was a costly mistake and will more then likely cost him not only a huge ass fine but as well maybe a game suspension at that but as far as saying OMG he is actually a dirty player and I can see that TRADE HIM NOW talk is ludicrous.

it's not ludicrous, it's inexcusable what he did today and IMO he should be suspended for the rest of the year min and if someone else wants to take the personal foul magnet off our hands for lots of return I say do it.

in watching the highlights. the only deep pass to calvin we tried in the first half....woulda been a perfect time to throw back shoulder. Poor pass from staff. shoulda been a TD.

TigerMud said:

it's not ludicrous, it's inexcusable what he did today and IMO he should be suspended for the rest of the year min and if someone else wants to take the personal foul magnet off our hands for lots of return I say do it.

No way he gets suspended more than 3 games, Haynesworth got 5 games and what he did was 1000x worse.

Whats amazing is if we benched, traded, released everyone that a lot here post saying we should we would be lucky to be 4-7 this year less lone 7-4 lol.

justinrose74 said:
TigerMud said:

No way he gets suspended more than 3 games, Haynesworth got 5 games and what he did was 1000x worse.

can i ask why you dont get suspended for a punch....but a little kick to a forearm and you guys think he will get a multiple game suspension? it wasnt really that bad lol. it sure was fucking stupid and killed out team and our chances. but as far as being reprimanded i doubt he gets a suspension.

justinrose74 said:
TigerMud said:

He will probably see something in the neighborhood of a 75,000 fine and a 1 game suspension. You have to remember Goodell thought very highly of Suh coming to meet with him on his own so I don't see him throwing the book at Suh and giving a suspension anything over 1 game.

mhughes0021 said:
justinrose74 said:

can i ask why you dont get suspended for a punch....but a little kick to a forearm and you guys think he will get a multiple game suspension? it wasnt really that bad lol.

In case you missed it, it wasn't just that, before that he was bashing his head into the ground a couple of times. He earned his Dirty label today and it will never go away. he's going to be nothing but a personal foul magnet from here on out. We can do without that no 1 man is bigger than the team

Everyone seems to put the blame on Suh/Stafford this game but look at what we lost this game. Kevin Smith goes down early after showing he was clearly going to be a game changer in the game. We lose Delmas to a knee injury early, Lose Houston to a leg injury early. Hell we were playing a damn WR at Corner/Safety from the 3rd quarter on against a team that for a reason is undefeated.

TigerMud said:
mhughes0021 said:
can i ask why you dont get suspended for a punch....but a little kick to a forearm and you guys think he will get a multiple game suspension? it wasnt really that bad lol.

In case you missed it, it wasn't just that, before that he was bashing his head into the ground a couple of times. He earned his Dirty label today and it will never go away. he's going to be nothing but a personal foul magnet from here on out. We can do without that no 1 man is bigger than the team

Look at what the Olineman was doing to him when he lost his cool. Look at the whole picture not just what you WANT to see. You do more bashing here then I have ever seen from a TRUE fan of this team. Its not excusable what Suh did but damn the lineman was pushing him back onto his own leg which could cause a serious injury in its own right.

Did he lose his cool? yeah... Will he pay for it? for sure... Will this team rebound? I would expect nothing less. We all knew coming into this game that even though we had a chance it would take a perfect game in all aspects to come away with a W and hell look over the predictions and most would agree that both games against GB would be a loss this year and probably the game against N.O as well but it still leaves us with a good chance as long as we take care of the other games to make the playoffs.

This from the official lions twitter:

"Suh says he will only apologize to teammates, coaches and true fans. Says he did not intentionally step on Packers player."

pr0tege said:
TigerMud said:

Look at what the Olineman was doing to him when he lost his cool. Look at the whole picture not just what you WANT to see. You do more bashing here then I have ever seen from a TRUE fan of this team. Its not excusable what Suh did but damn the lineman was pushing him back onto his own leg which could cause a serious injury in its own right.

Did he lose his cool? yeah... Will he pay for it? for sure... Will this team rebound? I would expect nothing less. We all knew coming into this game that even though we had a chance it would take a perfect game in all aspects to come away with a W and hell look over the predictions and most would agree that both games against GB would be a loss this year and probably the game against N.O as well but it still leaves us with a good chance as long as we take care of the other games to make the playoffs.

I'm sorry you feel that way, more bashing than any TRUE fan you've ever seen, TRUE fans call it how they see it, the whole picture shows that it cost us at least 4 point if not the entire momentum of the game. He should start by Apologizing to the team, the coaches, the entire city, and all fans so called true or not. anything less is still the wrong attitude.

pr0tege said:
This from the official lions twitter:

"Suh says he will only apologize to teammates, coaches and true fans. Says he did not intentionally step on Packers player."
im guessing he didnt intentionally slam his head into the ground multiple times then too. what a dickbag.

A nancy doesn't win games. They throw fits when they're losing like a 2yr old.

Coughsuhcough

Injuries killed us today. First Delmas, then Smith. When Houston went out, I told all the family Rogers would tear us apart with McCan'tCover in the game.

Refs made terrible calls against the lions all game. PI where the receiver fell down on his own. Roughing the passer on KV when Mattthews did worse to Stafford the previous drive. A chop block that didn't exist.

Stafford is still learning. I have patience for him, especially when two of his picks weren't his fault.

When I saw the Suh play I thought he was stomping his foot in a temper tantrum and contact was not intentional. After seeing the replay a couple times, I changed my mind. Biggest thing was not owning up to it(maybe just trying to escape suspension). Suh earned his rep, and hopefully he learns from this and it doesn't derail his career. Biggest thing I think is how JS responds to this. He sat Gosder when he made a boneheaded play. He NEEDS to sit Suh too even if the league suspends him, otherwise this team will start losing respect for Schwartz.

evolutionkb said:
Injuries killed us today. First Delmas, then Smith. When Houston went out, I told all the family Rogers would tear us apart with McCan'tCover in the game.

Refs made terrible calls against the lions all game. PI where the receiver fell down on his own. Roughing the passer on KV when Mattthews did worse to Stafford the previous drive. A chop block that didn't exist.

Stafford is still learning. I have patience for him, especially when two of his picks weren't his fault.

When I saw the Suh play I thought he was stomping his foot in a temper tantrum and contact was not intentional. After seeing the replay a couple times, I changed my mind. Biggest thing was not owning up to it(maybe just trying to escape suspension). Suh earned his rep, and hopefully he learns from this and it doesn't derail his career. Biggest thing I think is how JS responds to this. He sat Gosder when he made a boneheaded play. He NEEDS to sit Suh too even if the league suspends him, otherwise this team will start losing respect for Schwartz.

Excellent post

Back