Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 12 Colts @ Lions Thread

I've never more depressed over this team than I am right now. and that's all I have to say about that.

fire the fucking coaching staff and the shitheads watching upstairs. bunch of dumbasses and puke playcalling from linehan.
Finding ways to lose since 1957.
Lions have blown three straight home games. no way Schwartz's job is safe right now.
same shit different year ever since 1957, suck ass coaching on the field and upstairs. linehan = conservative playcalling.
gunther cunningham blows dead goats get some competent coaches that are alive.
2 excedrin coming up......

a check down beats us on the final play....LMAOBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA im still laughing. A FUCKING 2 yard CHECK DOWN!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

The play was funny in the fact not a Lion was withing ten yards of him... Nice work Gunther..

this team kinda reminds me of the packers in aaron rodgers first year? i think it was...they were like 6-10..the offense was pretty good and explosive at times...but the defense blew every game in the 4th..and lack of timely running hurt them also.

someone has to be held accountable..if it isn't schwartz..then it has to be one or both of the coordinators....this defense is underachieving...at times looking superb...followed by a couple of stupid plays throughout each game...and the offense is not consistent..in plays and play calling...we start off the game firing the ball..only to get a litttle lead..and go back to scott linehan ball of dink and dunk and power runs..3rd down and long screens......vanilla bullshit......schwartz does not play to win..and he needs to fix that fast.

They are doomed, it's the coaching stupid. Lions are poorly coached in every phase of the game.

Ever? This isn't even close to most depressed in my 47 years.

right...at least with this team..we know there's something there...i don't understand how..because we have all watched lions teams with similar records to this one....but they used to look alot worse....i remember when lions looked like they didn't even belong on the field..now they just make a couple of dumb mental errors here and there..

As bad as this season is, I believe Schwartz will be back next season. He will get one more chance to right the ship. The coordinators will both be gone tho.

I personally wish they would fire Schwartz...I think he was a good coach to get the team out of the gutter, but we need a legit coach in order to take the next level. If Gruden or Cowher are available, you gotta go get them.

This organization is garbage. If it were my team, I'd be cleaning house on the coaching staff. Sure, they are a lot better than the last regime, but how hard is it to improve over 0-16?

I wanted to throw my phone in the water, then realized that this matrix of repetition will repeat itself week after week, so i didn't throw my phone into a river. And now I feel better.

Very proud of myself right now.

As bad as this season is, I believe Schwartz will be back next season. He will get one more chance to right the ship. The coordinators will both be gone tho.

I personally wish they would fire Schwartz...I think he was a good coach to get the team out of the gutter, but we need a legit coach in order to take the next level. If Gruden or Cowher are available, you gotta go get them.

I agree with this post. But you keep Schwartz if neither of those two show interest.

I wanted to throw my phone in the water, then realized that this matrix of repetition will repeat itself week after week, so i didn't throw my phone into a river. And now I feel better.

Very proud of myself right now.

How do we get this damn matrix to change frequency? This frequency sucks.

Is anyone going to be satified until atleast a few coachs/coordinators are fired? I know Im not, dont think Ive been so embarrassed about a stupid game in my life. Honestly dont think I understand what happened in the 4th quarter. Anybody go to the game? If so, did the coaches and players get spit on by their own fans after the game? Personally, I wouldve vomitted on those fucking quitters.

IMO Schwartz has zero shot at being fired after this year and they aren't even looking at anyone else. Linehan and Gunther will be back too. We are making small mistakes each and every game that prevent us from winning. Dropped passes, dropped int, penalty, missed tackle, missed FG etc. All of those are fixable so the coaches are safe. We're not being blown off of the field. Winning and losing is the difference between making an extra 1-3 plays per game..

Now you may disagree with all of that but I'm telling you that's how they see it as well...so the coaches are safe.

How do we get this damn matrix to change frequency? This frequency sucks.

Who knows. It's at that peak where it looks like the corrected mistakes would turn us into winners and the talent is there to win. We'll see in the next few years if all that talent jumps ship. This team is like that movie groundhog day with bill murray.

IMO Schwartz has zero shot at being fired after this year and they aren't even looking at anyone else. Linehan and Gunther will be back too. We are making small mistakes each and every game that prevent us from winning. Dropped passes, dropped int, penalty, missed tackle, missed FG etc. All of those are fixable so the coaches are safe. We're not being blown off of the field. Winning and losing is the difference between making an extra 1-3 plays per game..

Now you may disagree with all of that but I'm telling you that's how they see it as well...so the coaches are safe.

I think they're safe to, but not for the same reasons. More so that while teams with great fortune like the packers and colts follow up having one hall of fame quarterback with immediately bringing in another hall of fame quarterback and a winnig tradition, this team has a shit tradition that involves all the wrong things happening at near perfection of worst times.

For instance, detroit got the highest rookie salaried players right before the new cba which will have the bulk of the money tied into three guys, while the rest of the league enjoys the new rookie cap and it actually frees up money for them. History suggests that whoever is the problem will be there long enough to let whoever we need end up somewhere else. Coordinators will be good enough to let everyone think next year they'll turn the corner.

Feels like my living room window is open and i'm watching a tornado head straight toward my house.

Back