Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Lions @ Packers Thread

Packers holding all day. True lions win. Good comeback attempt. Lions 5-4 start and 6-1 finish

11-5

Refs missed 14 holds by decker. True loss. Gb stopped playing after midway thru the 2nd quarter. Why? Cause they were stomp fucking us. Arod got bored. True 84-3 loss.

I heard a rumor that "true wins" will factor into playoff tiebreakers this season, can anyone else confirm?

I doubt it. Jerry Jones is on the competition committee and he was really pissed after our 'true' win in Dallas after the refs picked up the flag.

Didn't catch the game......glad I didn't.

I feel sorry for guys like Jones and Stafford. Judging by the numbers.....Calvin who? Hopefully people are starting to recognize that #9 isn't the problem and never was the problem.
Did the D even apply pressure on Rodgers? I know it's hard without your 2 best defenders on the field, but you gotta come up with a better plan.

On to Chicago. Should be 2-2 coming back home, but whatthefuckever....

I feel sorry for guys like Jones and Stafford. Judging by the numbers.....Calvin who? Hopefully people are starting to recognize that #9 isn't the problem and never was the problem.
Did the D even apply pressure on Rodgers? I know it's hard without your 2 best defenders on the field, but you gotta come up with a better plan.

Great stats. Gbs defense was really bad....granted they had 5 starters out. At one point the announcer said "does anyone on gb know marvin jones is on the lions? " he still made some glaring mistakes. If i was lkp im sure i would point out that stafford should have had 3 ints that were dropped. True loss.

Last edited:
Great stats. Gbs defense was really bad....granted they had 5 starters out. At one point the announcer said "does anyone on gb know marvin jones is on the lions? " he still made some glaring mistakes. If i was lkp im sure i would point out that stafford should have had 3 ints that were dropped. True loss.

His actuall INT should have been a catch.....it equals out.

Understood. All i'm saying, people need to shut their fucking mouths about "will Stafford be able to play without #81"? Time to lay it to rest. Stafford Is NOT the problem.

Here's what I saw Tony.....

We play scared on defense. We play like we're up 6 and its late in the 4th quarter. Little pressure....obvious blitz scheme.....we NEVER change our defensive call if the opposing QB sees the blitz is coming. We're playing so vanilla right now it's rediculous.

We're getting OWNED in our matchups underneath and in the middle of the field. At one point we had Thurston Armbrister matched up with Jordy Nelson in the slot. Apparently, all you have to do is run out a 2 WR set.....stretch your TE out wide and put a WR in the slot and its too much for an Austin coached defense to figure out.

I just don't get it. Injuries or not.......we're getting killed in coverage so we might as well get killed and put pressure on the QB......maybe force a mistake or a bad throw.

You can't say Stafford has NEVER been the problem, because that's just factually incorrect. He has had times in his career where he couldn't make others around him better and put the team on his back. It's happened. Near the end of 2013, he was one of the single biggest reasons they fell short. Choked. That's not really up for debate.

However, this season, no. This team is bad. I said before it all started that this team is very short on talent. And that's showing up. This defense is BAD. They won't be winning 6, 7 games this season the way they are currently constructed. The coaches let them down daily. Caldwell's mismanagement of games is glaring.

Caldwell was awful in the 4th per usual. Had 2 obvious first downs he could have challenged. The marvin jones non 1st down resulted in false start then sack drive killer. Then he used all his time outs on the first series of the final drive prior to the 2 min warning. You ONLY do that if you have supreme confidence in your defense. Instead our shitty defense gives up a 3rd n 11 scamper for a first. Game over and team didn't even have a chance.

Last edited:
Understood. All i'm saying, people need to shut their fucking mouths about "will Stafford be able to play without #81"? Time to lay it to rest. Stafford Is NOT the problem.

I've said for 2 years we could pay anyone to do the things calvin has done the last 2 years. They played him straight up and all we did was run him on 7 yard slants.

Refs missed 14 holds by decker. True loss. Gb stopped playing after midway thru the 2nd quarter. Why? Cause they were stomp fucking us. Arod got bored. True 84-3 loss.

Cuz blowouts aren't good for ratings they let up to keep suckers watching

You can't say Stafford has NEVER been the problem, because that's just factually incorrect. He has had times in his career where he couldn't make others around him better and put the team on his back. It's happened. Near the end of 2013, he was one of the single biggest reasons they fell short. Choked. That's not really up for debate.

However, this season, no. This team is bad. I said before it all started that this team is very short on talent. And that's showing up. This defense is BAD. They won't be winning 6, 7 games this season the way they are currently constructed. The coaches let them down daily. Caldwell's mismanagement of games is glaring.

Exactly. Is Stafford the problem with THIS team? No. Has he been a problem in the past? Yes. The biggest problem? Probably not. You can win with him. Hell even Cutler has won the division once. Coaching and GM has a lot to do with our most recent past failures. Has anything changed? The jury is out.

He's never been the problem. Give it a rest. And he's made multiple players better on this team. You know what makes players better tho??? Themselves!!! That and scheme. And if you want to talk about putting a team on his back? Stafford has done it multiple times.

Dude, I know you are a Stafford guy. I have no problem with it, he's been playing better lately. And he's not the problem on THIS current team.

But there are moments in the past when he has 100 percent let the team down with horrible decision making. I can go through and pick out instances if you'd like, or I'll just repeat how bad he was in 2013 when he couldn't win a single game for the team. His stats were real bad when they needed him to be good.

At this point, I think the whole entire formula needs to be blown up, including Stafford. Maybe that's not fair to him, but he needs a fresh start on a team that will give him an opportunity to win as his career begins to enter the later end. The Lions need a new QB that hasn't been tainted with the coaches and organization.

Bullshit penalty to 40 on kickoff
Obvious packer holding on 2nd td
Bullshit pi on Lawson with legs tangled
Push off by Nelson opi on 4th td. They call ebron last week on bullshit
Bulllshit spot on Marvin jones first down

15 bullshit points by packers

Lions 27 packers 19. True score

Lions 3-0

Bullshit penalty to 40 on kickoff
Obvious packer holding on 2nd td
Bullshit pi on Lawson with legs tangled
Push off by Nelson opi on 4th td. They call ebron last week on bullshit
Bulllshit spot on Marvin jones first down

15 bullshit points by packers

Lions 27 packers 19. True score

Lions 3-0

Bullshit franchise
Bullshit defense
Bullshit coach
Bullshit ownership
Bullshit national fraud league

True loss 1-2

Bears will prolly beat em next week to, even though the Bears are really bad, why...becuase it's who they are...the lions, a very very shitty football team

Last edited:
Back