Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 37: Tigers vs. Red Sox, May 16, 7:10 pm, Fenway Park

i looked back by about two weeks last night or the night before, whenever bob texted me to let me know what was going on.

It's surprising how many of the old ESPN posters have been so sensitive. In the old format, you got away with just about everything aside from cursing or threatening.

all this seemed to start with the very last bunch of espn regulars after they shut down completely their old message boards.

It was posted under the context of reed at the time reed was pitching so he waits until after the game to single me out...the other night he complained that I whine too much, it's ok for him to whine though because he does it less often..I don't appreciate his singling me out lately. I'm the only one that made sarcastic remarks about the pen? Yet he chooses to poke the stick in the mud..step off

Yes maybe he is singling you out but we all do whine from time to time..
Hell the fuckers only scored one run tonight.. I am worried about the Tigers all the damn
time because we all want the same damn thing..
A damn freaking WS title!!!!!!!

Great all around win by the Tigers tonight.

Max is a beast of a pitcher, BullPen is getting better which is encouraging to see.

Offense still frustrates but Lester is no slouch out there.

I thought the offense came out with a great approach of taking pitches early. Once Lester saw he was gonna get that SUPER low pitch we were in trouble.

Monster I appreciate the reply but this goes well far back beyond just tonight

I realize that. I did look back a couple weeks. You guys may not like each other, but neither of you have done anything that has crossed the line. If I start getting on people about what Xer0 is doing, then this board is going to suck. I think you realize that. I can't just go after him and not turn to everyone else with a sharp eye.

My suggestion: Ignore him or realize that you have difference of opinions and enjoy being able to state your opinion.

P.S. My seven year old son's class had a discussion on bullying today (seriously) so maybe I'll ask him what we should do......He said that you should work on an art project together. That's sweet. Macaroni necklace anyone? Now kiss and make up or I'm banning you both and sending you to the phantom zone.

:cheers:

It was posted under the context of reed at the time reed was pitching so he waits until after the game to single me out...the other night he complained that I whine too much, it's ok for him to whine though because he does it less often..I don't appreciate his singling me out lately. I'm the only one that made sarcastic remarks about the pen? Yet he chooses to poke the stick in the mud..step off

I commented on that post too. The main pieces of the pen haven't been that bad since the first few weeks.

Hell the fuckers only scored one run tonight.. I am worried about the Tigers all the damn

Precisely! We all whine bitch and moan yet xer0 seems to get upset only with me when I'm whining or bitching too much for him and starts poking sticks..I thought we had put all that behind us last year but it seems he hasn't

I admit I do get frustrated at times, every fan does.

It is OK to be critical of your team, but CONSTANT negativity grates on you after awhile.

I can only imagine how it is on the Lions board, thankfully I am not a Lions (or NFL fan).

It's like if you were listening to Mike Valenti call the 2009 NCAA Basketball Championship.

The Bullpen ended up being a HUGE part of the win and I was simply pointing out how silly these knee jerk reactions are and how they can come back to bite you.

Last edited:
I realize that. I did look back a couple weeks. You guys may not like each other, but neither of you have done anything that has crossed the line. If I start getting on people about what Xer0 is doing, then this board is going to suck. I think you realize that. I can't just go after him and not turn to everyone else with a sharp eye.

My suggestion: Ignore him or realize that you have difference of opinions and enjoy being able to state your opinion.

P.S. My seven year old son's class had a discussion on bullying today (seriously) so maybe I'll ask him what we should do......He said that you should work on an art project together. That's sweet. Macaroni necklace anyone? Now kiss and make up or I'm banning you both and sending you to the phantom zone.

:cheers:

Thanks I don't want the board to suck I am trying to respect the wishes of the mods here though and not get personal with other posters. Can't we just all be fans, whine bitch and moan together without others complaining about complaining?

Hey Xer0 how bout I leave you alone you leave me alone deal?

Last edited:
I admit I do get frustrated at times, every fan does.

It is OK to be critical of your team, but CONSTANT negativity grates on you after awhile.

I can only imagine how it is on the Lions board, thankfully I am not a Lions (or NFL fan).

It's like if you were listening to Mike Valenti call the 2009 NCAA Basketball Championship.

The Bullpen ended up being a HUGE part of the win and I was simply pointing out how silly these knee jerk reactions are and how they can come back to bite you.

You need to get over there it's a riot..

I know this board is tame compared to the Lions board.. Give all the Lions top posters a Machine gun and set them loose in the old silverdome and see what happens...Bullets would be flying!!!!!

I think my money would be on Tony!!!! But it would be close :)

I just ended up putting a good number of people on my ignore list, which settled a lot of issues. Of course, that also means I end up seeing a lot of half-arguments and whatnot that I have to sift through.

Honestly, I've switched largely to twitter instead of the forums because I got sick of all the bickering all the time. Lately theres been only a handful of discussions/arguments going endlessly round and round in circles and I've just gotten bored/annoyed with it all. With the team doing so well, I guess theres only so much to talk about.

Last edited:
It's kind of disappointing but it seems like the game threads aren't as lively as they were last year. With the team playing so well you would think more people would be posting, but so many people are into Lions football here and I just don't get the hype with it.

NFL is overrated to me.

It's kind of disappointing but it seems like the game threads aren't as lively as they were last year. With the team playing so well you would think more people would be posting, but so many people are into Lions football here and I just don't get the hype with it.

NFL is overrated to me.

I think the problem is there are a lot of people that only like to post negative. The game threads are usually the most active when the bullpen gives up runs.

This was fairly believable until that last part.

Let's face it, the only thing Coke is saving right now is his meager salary and meal money, because he'll be out of a job soon enough.

threw that in there for the lol.

Last edited:
People need a way to vent. Message boards are a popular method. It's the same thing with sports radio. If you ever listen to 97.1 the majority of callers are calling in to complain about something, even if it's trivial. Even when the Tigers were making the World Series in 2012, you'd still get people calling in complaining about Leyland and how he was holding the team back etc.

With the success of the team so far, there's not a whole lot to complain about right now. All the needless arguing has been a pretty big turn off for me as well.

NFL is overrated to me.

Gambling and fantasy football are huge factors for the NFL's popularity. 90% of the guys I know who watch football participate in either one or the other. Sometimes both.

Gambling and fantasy football are huge factors for the NFL's popularity. 90% of the guys I know who watch football participate in either one or the other. Sometimes both.

I will watch almost any NFL game because it is entertaining, I play fantasy football and I gamble a little bit. I won't watch any baseball except for the Tigers.

The NFL is by far a better TV product.

Back