Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 37: Tigers vs. Red Sox, May 16, 7:10 pm, Fenway Park

It's kind of disappointing but it seems like the game threads aren't as lively as they were last year. With the team playing so well you would think more people would be posting, but so many people are into Lions football here and I just don't get the hype with it.

NFL is overrated to me.

To you..but the data says differently.

As far as the Tigers' game threads..early games, especially the getaway games hurt the posting. And for the past 2 years, it's just "c'mon, you suck, wtf etc." From 1st pitch until the game is final with a win. It's not fun which is why I stay away for the most part. Even the Lions game threads aren't that negative..

I will watch almost any NFL game because it is entertaining, I play fantasy football and I gamble a little bit. I won't watch any baseball except for the Tigers.

The NFL is by far a better TV product.

I don't think anyone would argue with that. I am just like you, it is an immense struggle to watch baseball on TV unless it's the Tigers. NFL though? I can watch anyone(except for a Jaguars/Browns game.) Which is odd, seeing as how the NFL has the least amount of game action of any major sport on television. They make it work though.

Baseball is on every night, and it can become a bit of a drag at times, especially if it's a game between out of town teams. NFL is different in that you have an entire week to prep and hype up a matchup, and since there's only 16 games you have to savor each one (less is more). NFL Sundays feel like events in of themselves, and even though there's games on Monday and Thursday nights, everyone knows that Sunday is "football day." There's no "baseball day" of the week.

It's actually very peaceful to watch a non Tigers ballgame. No worries, stress free it can be rather good.

Game threads will heat up as the season moves on and we get loser to the playoffs if and when we make it there...

It's kind of disappointing but it seems like the game threads aren't as lively as they were last year. With the team playing so well you would think more people would be posting, but so many people are into Lions football here and I just don't get the hype with it.

NFL is overrated to me.

I was responding to this post :)

Back