Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 38 Tigers vs. redsox May 17

Tigers beat the redsox 6 - 1
Porcello 7 + 1
Rick 8 inn 1 R 6 hits 4 K's
Miggy 3Hits 2RBI .305
Kinsler/Hunter/Avila RBI
TigersVictoryCigar

Good D bails him out And the era drops to 7.45

Tigers are Rollin right now, build it up as high has we can get it in case we need it later.

Porcello has a legit shot at being an all star this year guys!

Last edited:
Yay, win! 10 in a row on the road! SUCK IT SAWX. First series win in Boston in the last NINE tries. Havent won a series here since 2006.

Boo, Coke didnt give up runs. He's lucky on that part though, Nick saved one.

Last edited:
Tigers have clinched their first winning series at Fenway Park since August 14-16, 2006.

last four starts, Rick Porcello has a 1.95 ERA (27.2IP/6ER) with 17 strikeouts and three walks.

I think the last time Rick pitched Rebbiv posted his last 30+ starts and compared them to Yu Darvish. Ricky was pretty much his equal.

EDIT: Found Reb's post:

Darvish 31 GS 10-9 203.1 IP 3.13 xFIP 3.34 FIP 3.35 SO/BB

Porcello 31 GS 18-7 193.0 IP 3.18 xFIP 3.27 FIP 3.56 SO/BB

Last edited:
Porcello now has 68 wins in his career. Only 3 active pitchers have had more wins by age 26 (F. Hernandez, 86; Sabathia, 76; Buehrle, 69).

I think the last time Rick pitched Rebbiv posted his last 30+ starts and compared them to Yu Darvish. Ricky was pretty much his equal.

EDIT: Found Reb's post:

Darvish 31 GS 10-9 203.1 IP 3.13 xFIP 3.34 FIP 3.35 SO/BB

Porcello 31 GS 18-7 193.0 IP 3.18 xFIP 3.27 FIP 3.56 SO/BB

Good stuff by Rebbiv, and good job finding it. Rick is maturing as a Pitcher mixing everything up, the changeup was nasty to lefty batters.

Yay, win! 10 in a row on the road! SUCK IT SAWX. First series win in Boston in the last NINE tries. Havent won a series here since 2006.

Boo, Coke didnt give up runs. He's lucky on that part though, Nick saved one.

Very Nice!!!!!

Good D bails him out And the era drops to 7.45

Tigers are Rollin right now, build it up as high has we can get it in case we need it later.

Porcello has a legit shot at being an all star this year guys!

If they want home field in the WS they better take the entire rotation for the AS game.

Damn 68 Career wins for Rick now...
68-51

Verlander was
46-34 at age 25..

Max
23-26
at age 25..

Last edited:
Not a bad career..early years we bitched a lot on Rick but he's getting it done.

I just watched the clip of Porcello tossing that fuckface piece of shit Youklis to the ground again. It will forever be one of my favorite baseball memories.

Not a bad career..early years we bitched a lot on Rick but he's getting it done.

Yep, I have always been impressed with Ricky. I was a 2-seam/sinker pitcher myself. So I always kind of liked guys like him and Fister/Sanchez.

I think he could have been much better early on if they helped him focus on his secondary pitches rather than try to live with the 2-seamer all the time. His curve and change are becoming serious weapons for him now.

Brad Asmus Joins Sparky and Red Rolfe as only Tiger manger with double didgit Road winning streaks

Last edited:
Back