Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 38 Tigers vs. redsox May 17

Yep, I have always been impressed with Ricky. I was a 2-seam/sinker pitcher myself. So I always kind of liked guys like him and Fister/Sanchez.

I think he could have been much better early on if they helped him focus on his secondary pitches rather than try to live with the 2-seamer all the time. His curve and change are becoming serious weapons for him now.

Yep. Ive been saying for years that we brought him up way too quickly. Now we're seeing what he can do with developed secondary pitches, something that should have happened several years ago. In the minors. Luckily, my prediction that DD had ruined him by bringing him up so early is turning out untrue.

I just watched the clip of Porcello tossing that fuckface piece of shit Youklis to the ground again. It will forever be one of my favorite baseball memories.

I remember when it happened on ESPN the Red Sux slappies all insisted Youkillis tripped and Porcello ran into right field to get away from him.

Then someone posted that image of Rick bulldogging his ass to the turf, and they all disappeared.

kevin-Youkilis-rick-porcello.jpg

Sure doesn't seem like running away to me. And that was after that bitch threw his helmet at him first.

The team strength is the starting pitching but before the season someone said we'd be 26-12 I would have lol'd.

I remember when it happened on ESPN the Red Sux slappies all insisted Youkillis tripped and Porcello ran into right field to get away from him.

Then someone posted that image of Rick bulldogging his ass to the turf, and they all disappeared.

Sure doesn't seem like running away to me. And that was after that bitch threw his helmet at him first.

Awesome.

Now to be fair Both Max and Justin played college ball.

Age 25... damn sorry I wanted to put Max's name in to..

Rick
68-51

Verlander was
46-34

Max
23-26

Last edited:

Rick has been one of my favorites always because of this throw down of KY... Thanks for posting it...

Damn Miggy 241 doubles..As a Tiger...

Ties Cash and Freehan

12th I think is what they said...

Last edited:
Trying to remember wasn't Vmart on Boston when Porcello beat the crap out of the little princess?

I wonder if they tell stories..

Trying to remember wasn't Vmart on Boston when Porcello beat the crap out of the little princess?

I wonder if they tell stories..

Yes in fact in that same game rick almost hit victor in the first inning before getting KY in the second. And victor had jawed at him a little bit..indeed ...wonder if they ever exchanged stories over that

Check it out
http://m.mlb.com/video/v6053903/

Last edited:
Yes in fact in that same game rick almost hit victor in the first inning before getting KY in the second. And victor had jawed at him a little bit..indeed ...wonder if they ever exchanged stories over that

Check it out

We're sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found. I've watched the clip a few times and had forgotten Vmart was hit in that game..

We're sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found. I've watched the clip a few times and had forgotten Vmart was hit in that game..

Sorry it's a mobile link URL happens with certain sites, treats the iPad as a mobile device

I'm on my tablet so I guess it didn't go mobile with me..

Safari on an iOS device is detected as a mobile browser when visiting a website. For websites that provide a full and mobile version, the mobile version will be provided when a mobile browser is detected by websites that support it..

It's shaping up to be a hell of a year for us!

The Tigers look real good this season, so let's enjoy this and hope this is the year we win a World Series again.

Go Tigers!!

It's shaping up to be a hell of a year for us!

The Tigers look real good this season, so let's enjoy this and hope this is the year we win a World Series again.

Go Tigers!!

I think this team is better than our WS squad from 2012, we can't get too ahead of our selves though. Let's clinch the division, win the pennant then go for it.

Check it out

IIRC Victor put his hand out and kind of asked "Why are you throwing at me?

They all knew it was coming though.

Justin Miller optioned to Toledo. Robbie Ray stays put.

Porcello still dealing with soreness in left side. Ausmus said they're using an "overabundance of caution" to prevent it from lingering.

Brad Ausmus removed Rick Porcello from a recent start as a precautionary measure due to tightness in his side. Will now miss a start.

Robbie Ray kept to start Thur to give Porcello (side ailment) two extra days of rest. Miller sent down. Ray NOT being moved to bullpen.

Justin Miller optioned to Toledo. Robbie Ray stays put.

Porcello still dealing with soreness in left side. Ausmus said they're using an "overabundance of caution" to prevent it from lingering.

Brad Ausmus removed Rick Porcello from a recent start as a precautionary measure due to tightness in his side. Will now miss a start.

Robbie Ray kept to start Thur to give Porcello (side ailment) two extra days of rest. Miller sent down. Ray NOT being moved to bullpen.

thank god, I was nervous til I read that.

Back