Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Seahawks *Monday Night* Thread

Jerry Austin .... Ass bag, senile bastard

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"Jerry, so no grey area here... this is black and white... it's a blown call?"

"Absolutely"

Oh good... I didn't want that last piece of my heart. It's easier without it.

We just got totally screwed and the NFL won't do anything for us. The NFL official they are talking to knee the rule and it seemed elementary. Just a shame.

Can we please stop the "woe is us" BS? Acting like this ALWAYS happens to the Lions and ONLY the Lions. Newsflash, the Lions haven't played more than a handful of meaningful games in the past decade. THIS was not a meaningful game either. Win or loss, this is a shitty team that is going to lose most of its remaining games. Hell, I'd rather be closer to the first pick than have won this game. The first pick could be an elite tackle, hell maybe even an elite QB that doesn't suck balls for 90% of an entirely winnable game.

There was NOTHING on the line for the Lions today. They aren't turning this ship around just because they might have lucked into a win tonight (and let's be honest, winning because a defender punched an obvious fumble is lucky as all hell). This is one of the worst offenses in the league. Even if the defense is great (which it really hasn't been outside of this one game against a crappy O-line), they aren't all-time great. And that's what it would take to make the playoffs with our offense.

Go suck a bag of dicks!

Pete Carroll fumbling his words trying to explain that bullshit...

Fuck man.. even Pete Carroll just said "it's unfortunate the officials didn't know how to call it correctly".

How many times will Detroit be part of nonsense penalties. The Calvin Johnson rule. The challenge rule. Now the illegal batting rule. It's complete nonsense. You can say that your sick of the "woe is us" mentality but this is way to regular for the Lions. It's insane.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Can we please stop the "woe is us" BS? Acting like this ALWAYS happens to the Lions and ONLY the Lions. Newsflash, the Lions haven't played more than a handful of meaningful games in the past decade. THIS was not a meaningful game either. Win or loss, this is a shitty team that is going to lose most of its remaining games. Hell, I'd rather be closer to the first pick than have won this game. The first pick could be an elite tackle, hell maybe even an elite QB that doesn't suck balls for 90% of an entirely winnable game.

There was NOTHING on the line for the Lions today. They aren't turning this ship around just because they might have lucked into a win tonight (and let's be honest, winning because a defender punched an obvious fumble is lucky as all hell). This is one of the worst offenses in the league. Even if the defense is great (which it really hasn't been outside of this one game against a crappy O-line), they aren't all-time great. And that's what it would take to make the playoffs with our offense.

Joe Lombardi's offense makes me want to take a pencil to both eyeballs and jab them out.

Last edited:
ESPN is trying to white wash this now, NFL must have made a phone call.

This was a travesty and the rule is totally clear and all of the officials should have known it. The announcers and the NFL official are making excuses now. Total Bs!!!!

They are totally whitewashing this!!! It's a fucking outrage!!!!

ESPN'd conclusion is that it's all good because it wasn't clear. Yeah, sure.

How many times will Detroit be part of nonsense penalties. The Calvin Johnson rule. The challenge rule. Now the illegal batting rule. It's complete nonsense. You can say that your sick of the "woe is us" mentality but this is way to regular for the Lions. It's insane.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

It only seems regular because you watch the Lions. If you were a fan of ANY other bad team for the past decade, you would feel exactly the same way. Calvin fumbled the ball, it was blatant and cost us the game. You want to talk about seriously heartbreaking turnovers? Wilson threw a game-ending pick in the Superbowl less than a year ago. You want to talk about crappy interpretations of rules, ask Dallas with their process of the catch last year in the playoffs or Green Bay's fail mary against the Seahawks. This shit happens to everybody.

Back