Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Seahawks *Monday Night* Thread

I thank god I jumped ship on this team as a kid, I truly feel for the die hards like yourselves. It's a stupid rule I didn't know existed but a rule nonetheless, you guys got screwed big time. I feel for you.

We seem to hear that every season.

Even more devestating to lose like that.

Our whole fucking season is on the line and we get totally screed in a play they'll be talking about all season. 0-4.

I thank god I jumped ship on this team as a kid, I truly feel for the die hards like yourselves. It's a stupid rule I didn't know existed but a rule nonetheless, you guys got screwed big time. I feel for you.

I'd like to say we're used to it. As much as we are we aren't.

They're trying to say it wasn't reviewable??? It was a turnover and it was in the last two minutes, every turnover is reviewed.

I'd like to say we're used to it. As much as we are we aren't.

Just when you think you're used to watching your team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory... a game like this comes along, and you are reminded you haven't hit the bottom of the hole yet.

And you're the only team ever to be 0-16... and you haven't hit the bottom of the hole yet.

Holy fuck.... the life of a Lions fan.

They'll have a highlight reel of similar plays not getting called on espn tomorrow. Tough loss boys, but not one we should've won anyway.

They're trying to say it wasn't reviewable??? It was a turnover and it was in the last two minutes, every turnover is reviewed.

It's booth reviewable, but not challengeable.

They took it to review, and fucking Blandino made the call.

Im usually not one to say a coach needs to get mad....or yell or scream......but Caldwell needs to be vocal about this.

It a stupid rule.......just dumb......but its a rule. How can the NFL be ON THE PHONE with the head of officials.......and still not get this????

Just when you think you're used to watching your team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory... a game like this comes along, and you are reminded you haven't hit the bottom of the hole yet.

And you're the only team ever to be 0-16... and you haven't hit the bottom of the hole yet.

Holy fuck.... the life of a Lions fan.

Maybe we need another 0-16 season to really twist the dagger good

Punters do it and the other team doesn't want the penalty because then they'd be able to repunt.

Everyone saw it batted right away and the one official was staring right at it.

So now they're saying it should have been a safety???

No, they are saying if the punter did it, it would be a safety.

If you bat your own ball out of the endzone.. safety. If the other team does it... possession goes back to the offensive team.

Can we please stop the "woe is us" BS? Acting like this ALWAYS happens to the Lions and ONLY the Lions. Newsflash, the Lions haven't played more than a handful of meaningful games in the past decade. THIS was not a meaningful game either. Win or loss, this is a shitty team that is going to lose most of its remaining games. Hell, I'd rather be closer to the first pick than have won this game. The first pick could be an elite tackle, hell maybe even an elite QB that doesn't suck balls for 90% of an entirely winnable game.

There was NOTHING on the line for the Lions today. They aren't turning this ship around just because they might have lucked into a win tonight (and let's be honest, winning because a defender punched an obvious fumble is lucky as all hell). This is one of the worst offenses in the league. Even if the defense is great (which it really hasn't been outside of this one game against a crappy O-line), they aren't all-time great. And that's what it would take to make the playoffs with our offense.

They are talking about when a punter or a qb is not trying to give up the td... they bat it to just give up the safety.

Back