Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 4: Lions @ Vikings Thread

Tight end Darren Fells has four catches for 40 yards. Receptions already ties a career-high. Lions have been going to TEs a lot today. Seven of Stafford's 12 passes have been tight end targets.

Matt Prater's 50-plus yard FG streak is over at 12. Missed a 60-yarder short at the end of the first half. If he had made it, it would have set a new NFL record.

Detroit's offense has been struggling throughout the game -- throwing the ball. This is an opposite of most weeks, where rushing is an issue. Not against Minnesota. Ameer Abdullah has been finding holes and getting big gains, but the Vikings pressure on Matthew Stafford continues to be a problem for the Lions.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400951724

This offense is so inconsistent, I see zero improvement from last year blocking, and our receivers just flat out get shut down for long spans. Boring to watch

This offense is so inconsistent, I see zero improvement from last year blocking, and our receivers just flat out get shut down for long spans. Boring to watch

Ebron is no threat so teams just single cover him with a S it LB

Jones lacks the agility to separate from most CB's. He's a zone WR.

Tate has the agility to separate...... which is why he's probably our most double covered WR. Still produces.

TJ Jones is average at best.

We all know Riddick can get open, but is definitely no deep threat.

We could have Tabor out there doing what Lawson does, but he might actually intercept passes every now and again

Vikings get creative and fail miserably...Lion's ball!

We have no playmakers that can win matchups quick enough to get open before the rush gets to Matt. MIN is playing tight to the line and bringing an extra body on every passing down. Abdullah came on a bit in the first half which was nice to see.....but Stafford is our entire offense and he was shaky at best so far today. We need a rd1 WR, cut Marvin if it makes monetary sense and hope Golladay progresses.

We have no playmakers that can win matchups quick enough to get open before the rush gets to Matt. MIN is playing tight to the line and bringing an extra body on every passing down. Abdullah came on a bit in the first half which was nice to see.....but Stafford is our entire offense and he was shaky at best so far today. We need a rd1 WR, cut Marvin if it makes monetary sense and hope Golladay progresses.

It's like you were in my head with that post. I don't see anything Jones does that Golladay won't be able to do next year. Cut Jones, and get your hands on a quality wide receiver either in the draft or free agency.

Back