Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 5: Detroit Tigers @ New York Mets 12:10 EST 4/4 G1 of DH

It’s an afternoon double header on Thursday, starting at 12:10. I just bought a ticket; now hoping for the rain to follow the forecast and get out of here overnight.

Mets have 2 on with 2 out. HBP with two outs started the rally.
Mize had Álvarez on a 0-2 count and could not finish him. Not very good pitching by Mize. A miss play by Greene allows a slow runner to score from 1st. Trail 2-0 now.
Last batter flys out to left.

Mets have 2 on with 2 out. HBP with two outs started the rally.
Mize had Álvarez on a 0-2 count and could not finish him. Not very good pitching by Mize. A miss play by Greene allows a slow runner to score from 1st. Trail 2-0 now.
Last batter flys out to left.
I've been watching this game. 2 runs may be enough for the Mets.

runners on 2nd and 3rd and Keith lines into a double play because Greene runs the bases like a little leaguer. Greene has now made two bad plays today.

runners on 2nd and 3rd and Keith lines into a double play because Greene runs the bases like a little leaguer. Greene has now made two bad plays today.
that ball was hit so hard that I think Greene gets doubled up either way

At the game, about a dozen rows back between the Tigers dugout and home plate. The breaks have gone against us so far.

Mize is having issues with his 0-2 count pitches. Then goes to sleep on the stolen base.

Mize bounces back after the single and SB. Gets A fly out and k next two batters.

Idk maybe but Not if he is paying attention. Both announcers thought he made a mistake. Hopefully the hitting breaks out soon.
for sure got caught leaning the wrong way. At least if he were made an attempt to get back to 2B, it would have forced Lindor to make an effort.

I forgot to mention.
Tigers had a runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs and didn’t even get a sac fly. I’m glad Colt hit the ball hard but he needs to be looking for something to elevate right ? Man we just are not hitting at all.

Mize is done after 1 out in the 5th inning leaving after the 1 out single.

RE: Greene's stone-headed baserunning. "Freeze on a head-high liner" is a reminder I used a lot in that situation with 14U travel kids. Greene didn't even do that. He just ran without thinking. He should know better.

1 out
Wentz in for Mize.
Wild pitch runner to 2nd.
Pop fly to Spencer
0-2 damn count Hit. Just a terrible pitch. Bullshit Craig that’s only a inch off the
Plate. 3-0. Mets. That pitch was way to close. come on Craig.

3-0 top of the 6th. Will we start to hit ?
Maybe the radio will be better for me. Need to listen to Dickerson.
Heading to the store.

not sure if you can make this plate out, but I saw this on a car today.

1712251964812.png

Tigers had 1st and 3rd and no outs and only get 1 run. Team really needs some hitting .

Back