Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7 - Falcons @ Lions Thread

SLICK said:
tigers99888 said:
No one could tell from the naked eye.. AFAIC the ball was still in play for the receiver..

that ball was tipped...it negates the PI call.....live with it
NOt arguing that but the trajectory wasn't really change.. Whatever the holding call was bullshit.. I'm still looking for where it occurred..

tigers99888 said:
The Lions really can make sundays shitty when they lose.. LOL

And the upcoming week. Surrounded by fucking packer fans. Not looking forward to work at all this week,lol

mhughes0021 said:
thundernlightning said:
honestly, what was with that? i can only remember 4-6 times we went PA all game...

the ones under center are productive. the crappy half assed ones in shot gun do nothing to effect the linebackers. like i said earlier...our entire shotgun O needs to go bye bye. its awful.
Makes no sense to play action fake in a shotgun formation.. Especially with Best out the game..

mhughes0021 said:
thundernlightning said:
honestly, what was with that? i can only remember 4-6 times we went PA all game...

the ones under center are productive. the crappy half assed ones in shot gun do nothing to effect the linebackers. like i said earlier...our entire shotgun O needs to go bye bye. its awful.

for sure.

there were 3 or 4 times throughout that game where they were running off tackle or some stretch play which could have been bounced back and rolled out to the other side for nice completions to petts or scheff, these plays under center of course, which must be played more to win in the tough NFCN

This team has a lot of work to do and honestly I can't see it getting much better with this horse shit ass offense line. The other things can be corrected hopefully in time but the O line issue isn't something I can see as being correctable, they need to scrap it and start over.

tigers99888 said:
mhughes0021 said:
Makes no sense to play action fake in a shotgun formation.. Especially with Best out the game..

Indeed. People can't understand that concept.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

How the fuck can you throw people open with a 3 deep 3 backers 8 yds off in a 6 person zone coverage. The more I read I think you might be incapable of novice concepts.
When you are a 1st overall pick at QB you are expected to overcome a zone defense like that.. ANd btw the Falcons are still a shitty passing defense regardless of what look they give the Lions.. Stafford did horribly, he wasn't even getting hurried that often.. I get the excuse last week because he actually was getting rushed a lot, but no excuses here.. The rushing game was the same it's been the whole year, mediocre.. Deal with it..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
tigers99888 said:

Indeed. People can't understand that concept.

i was referring to a few of the times they actually did play under center

lol....this team is still another year away , the 5 wins to kick it all of was awesome...but they have some serious flaws.

like I said win 6 lose 6 and see what happens in the other 4.

SLICK said:
lol....this team is still another year away , the 5 wins to kick it all of was awesome...but they have some serious flaws.

were they the right 6 and 6 tho?

Need to address the Offensive line the 1st round and the CBs in the 2nd then all offensive line the rest of the draft. And no more getting fucking cute and trading draft picks away.. Keep all of em or trade for more picks.. They need a line overhaul..

SLICK said:

I agree but the bar was set a bit high for them.. Anything lower than 9-7 is viewed as a disappointment... Especially with the start they had..

thundernlightning said:
SLICK said:

could careless..point is , it was anywhere from 10 - 6 to 8 -8 this year.

anyone expecting 12 wins was and is delusional.

tigers99888 said:
Need to address the Offensive line the 1st round and the CBs in the 2nd then all offensive line the rest of the draft. And no more getting fucking cute and trading draft picks away.. Keep all of em or trade for more picks.. They need a line overhaul..

I honestly dont think our CBs are bad at all, Houston can cover most #1s, Wright has shown hes capable, and i love smith and berry vying for the nickle spot.

The OLINE is exactly where the focus of the 2012 draft must lie for the liedowns.

tigers99888 said:

And how many years in a row now have we all been saying the same thing about the draft? Remember when the packers pretty much used every single one of their draft picks on O line few years back? look at them now, they get it, we don't

I said 10 maybe 11 wins at best, but predicted 8-8 or 9-7.. I would be satisfied with 9-7..

SLICK said:
thundernlightning said:

could careless..point is , it was anywhere from 10 - 6 to 8 -8 this year.

anyone expecting 12 wins was and is delusional.

any of those records would still be a success for this lions team

tigers99888 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

How the fuck can you throw people open with a 3 deep 3 backers 8 yds off in a 6 person zone coverage. The more I read I think you might be incapable of novice concepts.
When you are a 1st overall pick at QB you are expected to overcome a zone defense like that.. ANd btw the Falcons are still a shitty passing defense regardless of what look they give the Lions.. Stafford did horribly, he wasn't even getting hurried that often.. I get the excuse last week because he actually was getting rushed a lot, but no excuses here.. The rushing game was the same it's been the whole year, mediocre.. Deal with it..

It doesn't matter how mediocre a pass defense is when they out number receivers 2 to 1. Why do you think he was throwing check downs so often? Wow hes a number 1 overall pick he better be Peyton or gtfo. Even CJ couldn't stretch that defense. Moss in his prime couldn't. Until this team can run the ball up a teams throat teams will play overtop and try their best to take away the intermediate throws and leave dump offs. Notice how staff was squeezing balls in between 3 while they were in their zone? How hard is that and is it realistic every play? No. Simple and plain. What could he do?

Get Backus and Cherilus out of here.. Definitive Millen picks that have only started because of the trash depth we have.. Raiola has been decent at times, but he's a zone block player and too small to anchor and effective inside run game, plus he's getting a bit up there in age.. Time to get some new blood.. we all know Peterman and the musical chairs at the other Guard spot are trash as well and John Fox is looking like he's injured all the time anyways.. 5 picks on the line IMO atleast..

Back