Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7 - Falcons @ Lions Thread

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
thundernlightning said:
First 3 weeks, he was top3 FF QB, last 4 weeks, looks horrible.

While he didn't play great today he didn't turn the ball over and had around 4-6 drops.. He didn't win the game obviously but he didn't lose it. Think about whats being asked of him for a second and just how much time he's had to be a guy to throw 40 times a game and be Peyton. Has this team not met expectations or exceeded them? At the beginning of the season, If I were to say we would start off 5-2 would you not shit a brick? If only we had a running game.. The game wouldn't rely on Stafford being lights out and putting up league MVP #s.

We ran for 104 yards today on 20 carries, our running game wasn't the problem. Staff just needs to get his shit together quickly because he looks totally lost and confused out there right now.

TigerMud said:
sggatecl said:
Suh was doubled most of the game and still had 1 sack, 1 TFL, and 4 other tackles. Keep spewing your ignorant bullshit though. It's amusing.

So that didn't matter last year, he's digressed, he peaked as a rookie it would seem.

Yeah fuck him. He didn't have 3 sacks and a touchdown today. What a fucking loser.

TigerMud said:
sggatecl said:
Suh was doubled most of the game and still had 1 sack, 1 TFL, and 4 other tackles. Keep spewing your ignorant bullshit though. It's amusing.

So that didn't matter last year, he's digressed, he peaked as a rookie it would seem.

He peaked as a rookie? Lol.

And I agree Atlanta is a mediocre team.. Anyone that says otherwise is a fucktard.. Be honest here, it was a terrible loss.. Matt Ryan is an overrated QB and that pass D is trash but enough to shut down Stafford..

smitdog67 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

While he didn't play great today he didn't turn the ball over and had around 4-6 drops.. He didn't win the game obviously but he didn't lose it. Think about whats being asked of him for a second and just how much time he's had to be a guy to throw 40 times a game and be Peyton. Has this team not met expectations or exceeded them? At the beginning of the season, If I were to say we would start off 5-2 would you not shit a brick? If only we had a running game.. The game wouldn't rely on Stafford being lights out and putting up league MVP #s.

We ran for 104 yards today on 20 carries, our running game wasn't the problem. Staff just needs to get his shit together quickly because he looks totally lost and confused out there right now.

Did you notice they were in cover 3 with lbers playing 8 yds off the line of scrimmage?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
mhughes0021 said:
the entire shotgun offense needs to go. We play much better under center. run game, playaction pass game....all much better.

How is that possible with no threat of running the ball? Do you not know how playaction works?

we ran the ball much better than we threw the ball today. did you watch the game?? morris and keiland both had over 45+ yds. thats more production from the run game than best usually gives us.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
thundernlightning said:
First 3 weeks, he was top3 FF QB, last 4 weeks, looks horrible.

I agree in that an offense needs to be well-balanced, whether a pro-style, under center or a shotgun-type, spread offense, including a strong run game with a dominant passing attack. Stafford hasn't progressed through the season up to this point. He started off well, only to drop off in the past few games, missing open receivers, making bad reads, seemingly giving up on some plays....

sggatecl said:
TigerMud said:

Yeah fuck him. He didn't have 3 sacks and a touchdown today. What a fucking loser.

He needs to step it up as well as the rest of the team he's not doing anything special.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
TigerMud said:

I don't think he has peaked but he needs to start making adjustments. He's still too aggressive when he gets penetration and is over penetrating. Teams will run draws and traps at him all day with success until he can play under control. He's one of the most talented DT's ever but he needs to start learning how to play instead of relying on his athletic ability.

Tough loss guys. But you guys are some negative sob's lol. You'd rather have hill out there, for whatever reason you think he's better. And I'm not sure how you don't think stafford being only 23 is important. Its not like you guys are suppose to be playing for a super bowl this year. Think about the future. Stafford has a ton of potential and you want to bench him. Hill playing does nothing positive lol.

Stafford might not be expected to put up MVP numbers, but certainly better than what he did today against a shitty pass defense.. And all this with the running game giving the best they could with what they had.. 80 yards I believe.. I'm sorry but it was a terrible day from Stafford..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
smitdog67 said:

Did you notice they were in cover 3 with lbers playing 8 yds off the line of scrimmage?

did you know they had the 28th ranked pass D before today?

stafford looked fucking lost today.. and last week. hardly any of his throws were accurate. not on the same page with his receivers. not willing to step up in the pocket. a lot of the problem is the oline not blocking but a lot of the problem is him not coming through. D looked good and bad today. horrible tackling. all the arm tackles that were ran through and all the stupid ass penalties that they had.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

How is that possible with no threat of running the ball? Do you not know how playaction works?

we ran the ball much better than we threw the ball today. did you watch the game?? morris and keiland both had over 45+ yds. thats more production from the run game than best usually gives us.

Best is not a feature back it's not surprising to me that the running game was better without him. What is surprising is how lost Stafford is right now.

And while the Offensive Line is garbage, they actually had some great protection on a few plays that Stafford whiffed on.. NO excuses for him today, he pretty much has the best WR in the league to lean on..

TigerMud said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

did you know they had the 28th ranked pass D before today?

Did you know numbers in the secondary will decide whether a receiver is open or not? We are a 1 dimensional team. It was an easy scheme for ATL. Put #s back and watch 4 men beat a shitty oline..

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Tough loss guys. But you guys are some negative sob's lol. You'd rather have hill out there, for whatever reason you think he's better. And I'm not sure how you don't think stafford being only 23 is important. Its not like you guys are suppose to be playing for a super bowl this year. Think about the future. Stafford has a ton of potential and you want to bench him. Hill playing does nothing positive lol.

That's what it s around here. We go 3 and out on first drive and people were calling for a loss already. I even heard one say "same old Lions", lol.

smitdog67 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

I don't think he has peaked but he needs to start making adjustments. He's still too aggressive when he gets penetration and is over penetrating. Teams will run draws and traps at him all day with success until he can play under control. He's one of the most talented DT's ever but he needs to start learning how to play instead of relying on his athletic ability.

+1 there ya go, good analysis.

Morris minus his 31 yarder had 8 carries for 19 yards(2.3ypc) and Williams minus his 18 yarder had 8 carries for 26 yards(3.25). Lets not act like we ran all over these guys.

Back