Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7 - Falcons @ Lions Thread

WOW all the talk about Stafford's performance but the lack of tackling is killing us as well.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
thundernlightning said:
not the way theve played these last 4 weeks anyway....

Losing by a score to two good teams... No way in hell they have a chance....

Atlanta is an average team, we made them look good. They had one of the worst passing D's in the NFL but they shut our all world QB down (except for the one play that CJ broke three tackles and scored)

Regardless.. The Lions should have never lost these two games at home.. I would have easily taken a loss at Dallas and Tampa for these last two wins..

Lions train slowly becoming derailed...run D sucks, pass rush sucks, Stafford can't hit open receivers, when he does they drop it, Oline bleh, looks like a 6-10 team

two home losses in a row, not what I thought after the Bears game, 1-1 at worst, the glossy is fading from the polished turd since KC Chiefs..

the entire shotgun offense needs to go. We play much better under center. run game, playaction pass game....all much better.

Burleson had the crucial drop as well.. He been insanely mediocre over the last 4 weeks as well..

Lions 5-2, have no OLINE, cant run the ball when it matters, have a QB who is scrambled and cant find the open receiver to save his life, a defense who cant stop the run or the pass when the game is on the line, and a special teams that week in, week out gives up 2 or more 35yd+ returns.
overall, much worse than record shows.

TigerMud said:
Nice way to give us one last shot D, fucking horrible game 6 ways to sunday Stafford sucked balls, the Oline is a fucking joke and the D line is overrated. Suh has been a non factor all year.

Suh was doubled most of the game and still had 1 sack, 1 TFL, and 4 other tackles. Keep spewing your ignorant bullshit though. It's amusing.

i said 7-9 at the start of the year....looking at the second half of the schedule and how piss poor our offense is....im gonna be close.

mhughes0021 said:
the entire shotgun offense needs to go. We play much better under center. run game, playaction pass game....all much better.

Probably the only way Staffs stays playing. Can you imagine if he was up at center with this line?

tigers99888 said:
Burleson had the crucial drop as well.. He been insanely mediocre over the last 4 weeks as well..

He forgot how to catch since they hardly ever throw it to him. Stafford is all CJ and brick hands that's all he ever looks at.

thundernlightning said:
smitdog67 said:
15-32 for 187 yards, tell me how that is elite again?

First 3 weeks, he was top3 FF QB, last 4 weeks, looks horrible.

While he didn't play great today he didn't turn the ball over and had around 4-6 drops.. He didn't win the game obviously but he didn't lose it. Think about whats being asked of him for a second and just how much time he's had to be a guy to throw 40 times a game and be Peyton. Has this team not met expectations or exceeded them? At the beginning of the season, If I were to say we would start off 5-2 would you not shit a brick? If only we had a running game.. The game wouldn't rely on Stafford being lights out and putting up league MVP #s.

sggatecl said:
TigerMud said:
Nice way to give us one last shot D, fucking horrible game 6 ways to sunday Stafford sucked balls, the Oline is a fucking joke and the D line is overrated. Suh has been a non factor all year.

Suh was doubled most of the game and still had 1 sack, 1 TFL, and 4 other tackles. Keep spewing your ignorant bullshit though. It's amusing.

So that didn't matter last year, he's digressed, he peaked as a rookie it would seem.

mhughes0021 said:
i said 7-9 at the start of the year....looking at the second half of the schedule and how piss poor our offense is....im gonna be close.
Wow I thought 8-8 o r 9-7 and people were getting on me about it..

mhughes0021 said:

How is that possible with no threat of running the ball? Do you not know how playaction works?

I'll be honest, I rather win 2, lose 1, win 2, lose 1 and win 1 than win 5 and lose 2.

Back