Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7 - Falcons @ Lions Thread

And like I said.. It's been CJ and a couple of TEs making catches.. Where the fuck has Burleson been? You would think he could have a more productive game the last 4 weeks considering C.J opens up the other side of the field getting double and triple teamed with a safety up top every time..

jde7676 said:
Morris minus his 31 yarder had 8 carries for 19 yards(2.3ypc) and Williams minus his 18 yarder had 8 carries for 26 yards(3.25). Lets not act like we ran all over these guys.
Yeah but the running game wasn't a complete nonfactor like some here suggested..

the fact we can play that shitty and still make it a close game is basically the only good news to come from this game. ST miscues, Offense didnt click the entire game, and the defense cracking at the wrong time all game (bad flags, spievey missed tacke, late first half td again, missed tackles on 3rd down etc etc) = a loss.

BTW that tipped pass rule was bullshit IMO along with that holding call.. Wtf was that? I saw nothing.. Either Fox does a shitty job covering the game, or Cherilus did his job..

tigers99888 said:
BTW that tipped pass rule was bullshit IMO along with that holding call.. Wtf was that? I saw nothing.. Either Fox does a shitty job covering the game, or Cherilus did his job..

What rule. The pass was tipped.

Yeah even Billick said he wasn't sure what the call was on that hold. I know we ended up getting the yards back but plays like that are momentum killers.

tigers99888 said:
jde7676 said:
Morris minus his 31 yarder had 8 carries for 19 yards(2.3ypc) and Williams minus his 18 yarder had 8 carries for 26 yards(3.25). Lets not act like we ran all over these guys.
Yeah but the running game wasn't a complete nonfactor like some here suggested..

It was a non factor because while they got over a whopping 100 yards they took away our most important facet of the game where every single one of our playmakers are.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
TigerMud said:
did you know they had the 28th ranked pass D before today?

Did you know numbers in the secondary will decide whether a receiver is open or not? We are a 1 dimensional team. It was an easy scheme for ATL. Put #s back and watch 4 men beat a shitty oline..

Can't disagree on that one, the O line is beyond horrible, maybe one of these years we'll get some coaches and front office people that aren't such fucking idiots and understand it all starts up front. I don't give a flying fkc you the QB's, RB's and WR's are if you can't run block and pass protect you ain't going to do shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck I wish they'd get that!~!!!!!!!!!!!

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tigers99888 said:

No one could tell from the naked eye.. AFAIC the ball was still in play for the receiver..

jde7676 said:

if you took out all the good runs from people across the league ....then ya their YPC will be less. its called math....when you take out all the high numbers the average becomes less lol. duh...

tigers99888 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

No one could tell from the naked eye.. AFAIC the ball was still in play for the receiver..

that ball was tipped...it negates the PI call.....live with it

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
tigers99888 said:

It was a non factor because while they got over a whopping 100 yards they took away our most important facet of the game where every single one of our playmakers are.

So Staff is a great QB but he can never throw guys open? And he can never go through his reads and find 2nd and 3rd receivers? If CJ is getting bracketed then somebody is going to be open. Actually, the more you type the more I'm convinced you're either trolling or didn't watch the game and are just guessing.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
tigers99888 said:

NO it didn't Stafford got decent time on many plays to throw and JOhnson was getting double and triple teamed.. Guys like Burleson and Stafford needed to step up in that situation bottom line.. Last time I checked the play action worked and the defense bite... I'm sorry but he had a bad game.. He'll get his chance to redeem himself..

tigers99888 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

On the replay you could. You must have missed it.

tigers99888 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

NO it didn't Stafford got decent time on many plays to throw and JOhnson was getting double and triple teamed.. Guys like Burleson and Stafford needed to step up in that situation bottom line.. Last time I checked the play action worked and the defense bite... I'm sorry but he had a bad game.. He'll get his chance to redeem himself..

honestly, what was with that? i can only remember 4-6 times we went PA all game...

smitdog67 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

So Staff is a great QB but he can never throw guys open? And he can never go through his reads and find 2nd and 3rd receivers? If CJ is getting bracketed then somebody is going to be open. Actually, the more you type the more I'm convinced you're either trolling or didn't watch the game and are just guessing.
Doused in Stafford butter IMO.. He thinks he's beyond reproach..

Have to say if these wins and losses were broken up more, it would be more tolerable, but it is what it is, a fucking rollercoaster that is now on the downslope for the whole game instead of a half now.

vs top pass defenses, like Steelers, Ravens, Chargers I can't even imagine the carnage that would ensue..yikes!!

smitdog67 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

How the fuck can you throw people open with a 3 deep 3 backers 8 yds off in a 6 person zone coverage. The more I read I think you might be incapable of novice concepts.

thundernlightning said:
tigers99888 said:

honestly, what was with that? i can only remember 4-6 times we went PA all game...

the ones under center are productive. the crappy half assed ones in shot gun do nothing to effect the linebackers. like i said earlier...our entire shotgun O needs to go bye bye. its awful.

Back