Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 83 Detroit Tigers @ LAA June 29, 2024 7:07 p.m. MST

We can't bunt like this. But I doubt the Angels score.. Bunts are wasted outs.
Sadly we can’t bunt. We can’t move runners over. We can’t do much right.
Team is so poor constructed. If Matt bunts or at least moves runner over Mark’s hit up the middle probably gets through a drawn in infield or he scores at least on a out

Sadly we can’t bunt. We can’t move runners over. We can’t do much right.
Team is so poor constructed. If Matt bunts or at least moves runner over Mark’s hit up the middle probably gets through a drawn in infield or he scores at least on a out
They all try to hit home runs. But they never seem to have anyone to tries to hit the other way.

They all try to hit home runs. But they never seem to have anyone to tries to hit the other way.
I agree hit behind the runner. Matt wasn’t even trying to do it. So maybe bunt sometimes . Not every time. But sometimes. Since early in the season we have sucked in extra innings because we do not move the runners over. I think we have lost 2 or 3 extra inning games in a row in extras because we fail to move runner over.

Something is up with our 1st pitch strike throwing.
Scouts are seeing what we are doing.
Great game plan by the them because we never adjusted.
But walks killed us btw. So frustrating.

I just think Foley should not being throwing such a good pitch on the first pitch in
Extras. They were so aggressive. Seems like we could use that to our advantage.
But sadly we could not.

Longest winning streak in 2 years for LAA (6)
Oh and they homered again against us at home.

Last edited:
Rogers' homer, run production not enough in late innings.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Angels 6 - Tigers 5 (F/10): Bullpen blows lead to lose fourth straight game.
Reese Olson was good, and Jake Rogers sparked some early offense. It still wasn’t enough.
BYBTB

Olson puts up brave fight but Angels edge Tigers in 10th.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers waste Reese Olson's run support in 6-5 loss to Angels in extra innings.
Freep

MID-SEASON SURVEY: THE CONCERNS.
Totally Tigers

We are taking this holiday week to assess the first half of the Tigers 2024 season. Every day, we will pose a new question for readers to consider and then cast their votes. Of course, comments that address the day’s topic are always welcome.
Here is today’s poll:

Which concern has contributed the most this year to the Tigers' poor performance?

1. Overall lack of MLB-level talent.

2. Poor offense.

3. Disappointing top prospects' performance.

VOTE

Something is up with our 1st pitch strike throwing.
Scouts are seeing what we are doing.
Great game plan by the them because we never adjusted.
But walks killed us btw. So frustrating.

I just think Foley should not being throwing such a good pitch on the first pitch in
Extras. They were so aggressive. Seems like we could use that to our advantage.
But sadly we could not.

Longest winning streak in 2 years for LAA (6)
Oh and they homered again against us at home.
The reason why some of our guys are throwing 1st pitch strikes, the starters, is because it works and its best to. Its just you can't grove one or like the last batter, meatball a changeup. 0-1 much different than 1-0.

Back