Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 99 Detroit Tigers @ Torronto Blue Jays July 20, 2024 12:07 p.m. MST

Olson exits early with shoulder soreness in Tigers' win.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video highlights of the Tigers win over the blue jays.

Tigers 7 - Jays 3: Rename it the Jake Rogers Center.
Jake Rogers’ sixth inning grand slam was the difference in this one.
BYBTB

Tigers stay hot but lose Reese Olson early to shoulder soreness.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers ride grand slam from Jake Rogers to 7-3 win over Toronto Blue Jays.
Freep

Like I've said its the 0 fence that's been the problem. But 7 today says the 5+ fence showed up.. Pitching hold them to 3 or less gives the run-fence a change to win games! Missed today's game, shopping. Just play them one at a time

DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers are expected to be sellers at this year’s trade deadline. Potentially, they could be trading away:
– a pitcher
– a reliever
– a catcher
– an infielder
If they lose a player to a trade, they will need to call up someone from the minors. If you could pick just one, who would you select?

Here are your choices:
Justice Bigbie (RF) – To replace Vierling who would move to 1B and Carpenter who is still on the IL.
Dillon Dingler (C) – To replace Carson Kelly who may be traded.
Jace Jung (3B) – To platoon with Gio Urshela who will also play 1B.
Keep in mind that more of these players will be called up later in the summer.
But who should be the first call-up?
Should the Tigers focus on putting someone in with the shortest learning curve so the team may finish the season on their strongest note?
Or should this be more of a tryout/dress rehearsal that may impact their win-loss record?
Finally, are these players ready to be tested at the MLB level? Would being called up too soon do damage to their development?

Today’s blog addresses this question and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!
For this one blog only, you’ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can also respond to other readers.
TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

Who should be the first prospect called up if the Tigers trade away a player at the deadline?

1. Justice Bigbie

2. Dillon Dingler

3. Jace Jung

VOTE

If the Tigers deal Flaherty they are going to need someone back who can start in the majors.

As an aside the Mud Hens pitching coach has to be fired. What an absolute disaster of a season for their pitching staff.

I’m so sick didn’t even notice Erie had a combined no hitter with Jobe pitching the first 6 innings.

I’d like to see Dingler get a shot soon. Maybe Jung and then Bigbie. My order

Last edited:
If the Tigers deal Flaherty they are going to need someone back who can start in the majors.

As an aside the Mud Hens pitching coach has to be fired. What an absolute disaster of a season for their pitching staff.
I agree the pitching has been a disaster in Toledo. I am super worried Spencer has not crushed triple a pitching. Very concerning . Imagine this offense with his second half homers from last season.

Back