Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I like Brady Hoke, but HORRIBLE coaching

Mich_QB_U

Why they continue to let Denard throw the ball is beyond me. Hoke needs to take control. I am disgusted about this. Denard may be OK in practice, but during game day he gets hyper and we've all seen it for 4 years now. Hoke needs to put him at flanker and put Bellomy in.

Didn't Bellomy come into the Bama game, throw one pass, and it was picked off? Bellomy's a freshman. He's not ready. Love or hate Denard, he's probably the best option right now.

Henne did that for a few games, but Henne didn't throw 4 INTs on 4 consecutive throws. And my odds are that Bellomy wouldn't throw 4 INTs on 4 consecutive throws, like our senior QB just did. And wipe that fucking smile off your face on the sideline. I said it. Admit you cannot make the reads in the passing game.

Yeah, but Henne had all year to learn how to get into game shape. He was also a 5-star recruit who knew how to handle a pro-set. Bellomy would be coming in mid-season. He's just not ready. He's not some savior who can come in and lead this team. Like it or not, Denard's the qb. Dude can't throw, but it is what it is. Hopefully they can take advantage of a garbage conference.

Why they continue to let Denard throw the ball is beyond me. Hoke needs to take control. I am disgusted about this. Denard may be OK in practice, but during game day he gets hyper and we've all seen it for 4 years now. Hoke needs to put him at flanker and put Bellomy in.

This is completely stupid. We threw the ball because it was working really well. Bellomy would not have done better in this game. Be happy that ND is not in the big ten, this in no way hurts our big ten title hopes and, outside of 6 turnovers, we did much better against ND than MSU did. Our defense did great - seriously great performance. Our offense moved the ball and Denard threw some up in a hostile stadium that he probably shouldn't have thrown. He had a bad day - don't forget, he almost single handedly won us the prior 2 games.

Last edited:
i think hoke and borges need to figure out the game plan
we have two weeks to get it straight

they need to do an assessment of what is working and what is not

Trying to give DR some slack in this instance doesn't work for me. He cannot read defenses in the passing game. And our OC still wants to throw the ball. If the first read isn't there, be ready for an INT. I like him, I really do. He has great moves in the running game. But he just cannot make reads like Griese, Brady, Grbac, Henne, etc....

And why Gardner is at WR is beyond me. He has hands like stones.

I don't think anyone is cutting him slack at all. He can't throw. I'm not arguing with you. But at this point in the season, there is no better option. Bellomy is not ready. Gardner is a starting WR. Who can you put out there? He's a senior, and he knows the offense.

Trying to give DR some slack in this instance doesn't work for me. He cannot read defenses in the passing game. And our OC still wants to throw the ball. If the first read isn't there, be ready for an INT. I like him, I really do. He has great moves in the running game. But he just cannot make reads like Griese, Brady, Grbac, Henne, etc....

And why Gardner is at WR is beyond me. He has hands like stones.

Before this game Gardner was our leading receiver - that's why.

It's great that Denard knows the offense.. The only problem is that he can't execute it...

seemed like we moved between the 20's all game long... Oh well all we will hear now on the networks is how good ND's defense is all fucking week long..

seemed like we moved between the 20's all game long... Oh well all we will hear now on the networks is how good ND's defense is all fucking week long..

I honostly thought the ND defense was terriable. UM ran up and down the field got inside the 25 and then f***** up. All 5 ints were made without any effort. They were thrown right at the defender with no UM players in the area. Looked like Denard was playing catch with he dad in the backyard. Do you think Denard even has his eyes open when he throws the ball? I know we can use what ifs all we want and it wont change the outcome. But this game (either way) could have been a blowout! UM could easily have won that game by 21+ (with no TO's) thats how well they were moving the ball. And ND could have won by 40 with the way Mich played and with all the TO's. But it is what it is. Michigan sucked and they lost the game. But i just dont see where all th HYPE about ND's D is coming from!!

I don't get where the whole "we were moving the ball up and down the field" is coming from. 299 total yards is hardly "moving it up and down the field".

borges deserves a lot of the blame. I feel bad blaming denard for sucking at being a pocket passer when hes not a pocket passer. Im kinda over hatin on denard all together...to steal a quote from chris rock....its kinda like playing basketball with a retarded kid and constantly calling double dribble. Sometimes you just need to let it go...

i also blame us...the fans. This is michigan and expectations are always high. We keep clamoring over and over again about each incoming draft class. Yet we have a kick returner for a qb. a qb for a wr. We dont have a rb worth a shit. and our defensive star is a white walk on db. this is michigan! a kick returner, a qb for wr, crap at rb and nothing on D! Seriously!? I debate almost yearly how we cant recruit nationally anymore and people swear up and down how good we are at it. Show me some proof? Show me some talent from that game we just watched. It was awful.

Last edited:
ps henne did nit have a year

gutierrez wrecked hus shoulder at end if august and henne had to step i
but he was trained as pro tyle

i do not like blaming denard either
playcalling needed earlier change

I don't get where the whole "we were moving the ball up and down the field" is coming from. 299 total yards is hardly "moving it up and down the field".

5 times inside the redzone says so. Take away 4 of the turnovers that killed drives before they started and the yardage would be much different.

5 times inside the redzone says so. Take away 4 of the turnovers that killed drives before they started and the yardage would be much different.

This. I know it is a team effort, but Denard's turnovers were killer tonight.

What I will never understand is why he never throws the ball away. There is nothing wrong with it. I personnally think this is why he has so many interceptions. Rather than just throwing the ball away, he tries to make a crazy play and then comes the interception.

Back