Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

If Pistons get Al Horford

what I meant was get a starter that is better than what they had which would move one of them to the bench. The starting unit may have been competitive but they weren't good.

The only way they are going to be good is if KCP or Johnson develop into all star caliber players.

If KCP did somehow turn into an all star, he's signing a max deal next offseason with another team, so I wouldn't be entirely excited even if that did happen.

If KCP did somehow turn into an all star, he's signing a max deal next offseason with another team, so I wouldn't be entirely excited even if that did happen.

you don't have anything to worry about. He is what he is...a below average SG

actually I was basing it on his player efficiency rating. League average is 15...he is a 12.41

While no stat is perfect, I think RPM is a better measurement of a player than PER. PER doesn't do a great job of factoring in defensive measurables that do not show up in the box score which is what KCP is known for.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM

By this metric, KCP is above average and closer to what he's likely to get paid in his extension.

Isn't he from Michigan originally?

According to Wikipedia the Dominican republic. It says his family moved to Lansing when he was about 14. His father had played college ball in the United States and then in the NBA and also oversees; I don't know how much moving around Al had done as a kid.

Back