Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

If We Want Michigan to Go to a BCS Bowl

I've never been able to be a "strategic" fan and root for teams so that in some way my team benefits.

I think Wisconsin is going to kick Sparty's ass, and may be wrong .... but I don't think I will be sitting and watching the B10 Title game pulling for MSU because it would hopefully change Michigan's Bowl game resume.

We rolled TheCorn ...who smoked Iowa, who beat Michigan ... You can go around and around forever with that stuff.

blueandmazefla said:
Georgia, Oklahoma, and either Sparty or wisky should all lose. I give it a 40% chance that Kansas State will lose. Probably zero chance oregon loses. If Oklahoma loses they will have 3 loses and one to a 5-7 Texas Tech team, no sure the boys club would not vote in Oklahoma thoough?? Still we have a shot.

Currently we are ranked 16th, to be eligible for a BCS bowl we need to be ranked in the top 14 of the BCS standings. So we need to move up only two spots. With MSU (#13), Wisc (#15), and Georgia (#14) we have a chance because most likely two of them lose pushing us to 14 by default. Don't worry about Oklahoma, they can do whatever it won't matter.

Just gotta be top 14, then we will square off against Houston in the Sugar bowl.

Playing Houston would be a kick in the nads following the season we've had.

I hope you guys are right. Wisky jumped us by beating a ranked Penn St team ranked lower than Mich. A little 'insurance' wouldn't hurt.

I'd also like to see us play a different opponent than Houston, but I think the potential to win a BCS game in Year 1 is pretty huge.

I guess if our options are to play some SEC also-ran in the Cap One or Outback & playing Houston in the Sugar Bowl, I'm going to favor the Sugar.

Unlike the Boise States & TCUs of the past couple years, Houston has literally played NOBODY this season. They beat UCLA 38-35 at home, and UCLA is terrible.

Even with Houston *if* we can win, would still be a BCS win. I'd take that any day, but defending Houston is no gimme.

Still not convinced 3 loss teams behind us can't jump us this week. Baylor (#17), right behind Michigan can jump us with a win over a ranked Texas (#22). Guess we will just have to see where the chips fall. I'm pulling for Iowa St, S. Miss, Texas and Va Tech this week - any help we can get. Really would like to see Michigan in the Sugar.

Back