Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

A world that is probably a lot less FREE today then when he introduced that song. :-(

Audio streaming giant Spotify announced Wednesday they will be soon deleting musician Neil Young?s catalog from their platform after he told them to choose between hosting his songs or the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

5 million streams a month vs 200 million. Gee, that must've been a really tough decision!

5 million streams a month vs 200 million. Gee, that must've been a really tough decision!

Still hats off to them for not caving to the cancel culture. Youtube, Twatter and fakebook don't do the same. pendulum to the left has peaked slowly starting to move back the other way now.

Still hats off to them for not caving to the cancel culture. Youtube, Twatter and fakebook don't do the same. pendulum to the left has peaked slowly starting to move back the other way now.

Corporations don't cave to cancel culture. They make measured decisions on what makes the most money. Think Pride month where their logos are rainbows and then they don't mention is again for 11 months.

I beat you to this one in #2380 and I worked in some relevant song lyric references to boot.

How lazy of me. My apologies

Last edited:
Corporations don't cave to cancel culture. They make measured decisions on what makes the most money. Think Pride month where their logos are rainbows and then they don't mention is again for 11 months.

overall I would agree, cept for Twatter, Fakebook and You'z tube, they do it to try and help keep republicans from wining elections. IMO of course!

edit: gOgOLE as well, keep forgetting about don?t be evil Google for some reason

Last edited:
overall I would agree, cept for Twatter, Fakebook and You'z tube, they do it to try and help keep republicans from wining elections. IMO of course!

have any of those platforms banned Rogan? According to a piece I read, Bongino had something like 900k subscribers on YouTube. It costs them nothing to ban him.

have any of those platforms banned Rogan? According to a piece I read, Bongino had something like 900k subscribers on YouTube. It costs them nothing to ban him.

Mostly yes vast majority of his videos eventually get booted

Mostly yes vast majority of his videos eventually get booted

Come on man. That's not true at all. His YouTube channel is still updated constantly with clips, (he doesn't post full videos anymore because of his deal with Spotify) as is his Twitter. He has never to my knowledge had a Facebook presence at all.

The only thing in recent memory that of Rogan's that was deleted was an illegal upload on YouTube of that interview with Dr Malone.

But vast majority? Nah. Like I said, Rogan generates a TON of clicks/ad revenue. He ain't going nowhere, will not be cancelled.

Come on man. That's not true at all. His YouTube channel is still updated constantly with clips, (he doesn't post full videos anymore because of his deal with Spotify) as is his Twitter. He has never to my knowledge had a Facebook presence at all.

The only thing in recent memory that of Rogan's that was deleted was an illegal upload on YouTube of that interview with Dr Malone.

But vast majority? Nah. Like I said, Rogan generates a TON of clicks/ad revenue. He ain't going nowhere, will not be cancelled.

Alright alright

I retract the statement

what was illegal about it? was it a copyright issue like uploaded by someone other than Rogan?

what was illegal about it? was it a copyright issue like uploaded by someone other than Rogan?

Yeah, since the Spotify deal they're more strict now with uploads that aren't by Rogan's channel itself. And even Rogan's channel only posts clips.

Yeah, since the Spotify deal they're more strict now with uploads that aren't by Rogan's channel itself. And even Rogan's channel only posts clips.

got it. I've seen clips of a few interviews he's done on youtube but I don't think I've ever watched a podcast from anyone - some of the snipets of his content are interesting and some I can't be fussed over (got about 90 seconds into one with a guy who used to work at the UFO center in the desert before clicking on a Bourbon Moth video). I maybe watch 15 minutes of some of his interviews - who has 3 hours to waste on these long form interviews?

Seems like everyone has a podcast now - I'm not even clear on what a podcast is but it seems like everyone has one these days. Unless some of the content i've seen on youtube is from podcasts, I don't think I've ever watched one - wouldn't know where to find them. But I listen to talk radio about 25 minutes a day while commuting and there's probably 3 references to podcasts in those 25 minutes every day.

Last edited:
got it. I've seen clips of a few interviews he's done on youtube but I don't think I've ever watched a podcast from anyone - some of the snipets of his content are interesting and some I can't be fussed over (got about 90 seconds into one with a guy who used to work at the UFO center in the desert before clicking on a Bourbon Moth video). I maybe watch 15 minutes of some of his interviews - who has 3 hours to waste on these long form interviews?

Seems like everyone has a podcast now - I'm not even clear on what a podcast is but it seems like everyone has one these days. Unless some of the content i've seen on youtube is from podcasts, I don't think I've ever watched one - wouldn't know where to find them. But I listen to talk radio about 25 minutes a day while commuting and there's probably 3 references to podcasts in those 25 minutes every day.

I have to be in the middle of a project and the person being interviewed has to be someone I'm very, very interested in. I can't imagine being a 'fan' of a whole podcast and listening to every episode, or even most.

It's a saturated market imo, but I suppose that's because it's so easy to have an opinion, record it, and upload it. You don't necessarily have to be interviewing anyone. I guess I'm like you in that I'm also not clear on what a podcast is. There might not be a strict definition. Similar to 'TV show', maybe there are genres within a podcast. Maybe podcast is just a radio show not on the radio? :shrug:

I have to be in the middle of a project and the person being interviewed has to be someone I'm very, very interested in. I can't imagine being a 'fan' of a whole podcast and listening to every episode, or even most.

It's a saturated market imo, but I suppose that's because it's so easy to have an opinion, record it, and upload it. You don't necessarily have to be interviewing anyone. I guess I'm like you in that I'm also not clear on what a podcast is. There might not be a strict definition. Similar to 'TV show', maybe there are genres within a podcast. Maybe podcast is just a radio show not on the radio? :shrug:

Podcasts are just "talk radio" outside of the airwaves.

I've listened to a couple podcasts, but it's annoying to me that on a lot of podcasts, the hosts often bullshit for 10-15 minutes before getting on to the reason I tuned in to listen to. I don't have that much time.

I strongly prefer reading because I can read it a lot faster than listen to it, and don't have time to sit around and stream things at home. I usually listen to music in the car, but I could do podcasts, I guess.

The format just isn't a good fit for me, but I know some people that regularly download podcasts to listen to, and play them on their commute.

Back