Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Hey, how about some actual government censorship, you stupid fuckers? Nickel to whoever can guess what kind of people are behind this coordinated, nationwide push to censor books?

"Books on race and sexuality are disappearing from Texas schools in record numbers"

Is book banning sweeping the nation? Seattle school drops ?To Kill a Mockingbird? over racism concerns

Calling the district that banned To Kill A Mockingbird a "Seattle school" is like calling a school in Howell, MI a "Detroit school"...

"Racism concerns"...

Hey, how about some actual government censorship, you stupid fuckers? Nickel to whoever can guess what kind of people are behind this coordinated, nationwide push to censor books?

"Books on race and sexuality are disappearing from Texas schools in record numbers"

Is book banning sweeping the nation? Seattle school drops ?To Kill a Mockingbird? over racism concerns

Calling the district that banned To Kill A Mockingbird a "Seattle school" is like calling a school in Howell, MI a "Detroit school"...

"Racism concerns"...

This is so much fun

Mukilteo, WA is a Seattle suburb on the water between Puget and Possession Sound. The median home price is $846k - 3x the national average. It's in Snohomish county which Biden won by 96k votes (1.5x Trump's total). More specifically, the town of Mukilteo has 20 voting precincts from which Biden collected 8,559 votes to 4,119 for Trump - that's 2.1 Biden votes for every Trump vote. Biden's worst precinct in the city broke 1.68:1 in his favor.

Yeah, Mukilteo is to Seattle what Howell, MI is to Detroit. Classic. I bet that school board is just loaded with a bunch of card carrying, NRA loving conservatives! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, who is behind all the book banning? Flames.

I guess they're both doing it, but Republicans are removing ahistorical, science denying and sexually explicit material inappropriate for kids from school libraries while the left is banning books that clearly teach the evils of racism - because they're the party of racism.

Edit: how do I collect my nickel?

Last edited:
PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA?Another celebrity has come out publicly against the dangers of rampant misinformation. The famed groundhog Punxsutawney Phil has refused to emerge from his hole to determine the remaining length of winter until Joe Rogan is canceled.

?I?ve wanted to do something about Mr. Rogan?s dangerous peddling of misinformation for some time now, but couldn't think of a good way to do it,? said the esteemed rodent while munching a stalk of celery. ?Then I heard about some amateur singers named Ned Young and Joni Munchwell making waves and wondered what would happen if an actual celebrity like myself were to join the fray. Of course, my decision was galvanized when the greatest musical artist of all time?Mr. Barry Manilow himself?voiced his protest.?

After hearing the groundhog?s ultimatum, nervous representatives for Spotify, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace announced the immediate cancelation of Joe Rogan.

Mr. Rogan announced he will continue to record his podcast in his basement. Several media figures then saw their shadows, predicting six more years of the media freaking out about Joe Rogan.

https://babylonbee.com/news/groundhog-refuses-to-emerge-to-see-shadow-until-rogan-banned

Last edited:
This is so much fun

Mukilteo, WA is a Seattle suburb on the water between Puget and Possession Sound. The median home price is $846k - 3x the national average. It's in Snohomish county which Biden won by 96k votes (1.5x Trump's total). More specifically, the town of Mukilteo has 20 voting precincts from which Biden collected 8,559 votes to 4,119 for Trump - that's 2.1 Biden votes for every Trump vote. Biden's worst precinct in the city broke 1.68:1 in his favor.

Yeah, Mukilteo is to Seattle what Howell, MI is to Detroit. Classic. I bet that school board is just loaded with a bunch of card carrying, NRA loving conservatives! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, who is behind all the book banning? Flames.

I guess they're both doing it, but Republicans are removing ahistorical, science denying and sexually explicit material inappropriate for kids from school libraries while the left is banning books that clearly teach the evils of racism - because they're the party of racism.

Edit: how do I collect my nickel?

and....crickets - as expected.

PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA?Another celebrity has come out publicly against the dangers of rampant misinformation. The famed groundhog Punxsutawney Phil has refused to emerge from his hole to determine the remaining length of winter until Joe Rogan is canceled.

?I?ve wanted to do something about Mr. Rogan?s dangerous peddling of misinformation for some time now, but couldn't think of a good way to do it,? said the esteemed rodent while munching a stalk of celery. ?Then I heard about some amateur singers named Ned Young and Joni Munchwell making waves and wondered what would happen if an actual celebrity like myself were to join the fray. Of course, my decision was galvanized when the greatest musical artist of all time?Mr. Barry Manilow himself?voiced his protest.?

After hearing the groundhog?s ultimatum, nervous representatives for Spotify, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace announced the immediate cancelation of Joe Rogan.

Mr. Rogan announced he will continue to record his podcast in his basement. Several media figures then saw their shadows, predicting six more years of the media freaking out about Joe Rogan.

https://babylonbee.com/news/groundhog-refuses-to-emerge-to-see-shadow-until-rogan-banned

I almost wish Spotify would cave so I could cancel my subscription - I haven't been able to do that to any of these cancel culture freaks because I'm not a consumer of any of their products. I already didn't watch NFL football, haven't watched NBA basketball since 1991, other than maybe a Michigan State tshirt every few years, I don't buy Nike products. Haven't been to a Springsteen concert in almost 10 years, don't listen to any of the music from most of these artists/sociologists. I stopped going to NYC a year before COVID because DeBlasio was turning it into a third world shit hole and it seems Adams is doing nothing to reverse course...

I've felt so left out over the past 5 or 6 years, I kinda want to boycott something just to see what it feels like. Although, not having Spotify would make dropping the kids off at school a lot less fun.

you still haven't picked up on the fact that I don't respond to posts - usually yours - that are substance-free argumentative bullshit?

where substance free = using facts and data to disprove your complete and utter bull shit.

You've tried this tactic before but there's no denying you couldn't have been more wrong than you were and when the indisputable evidence was shown to you, you just walked away. Then tried to claim that there was no substance to the substance because you couldn't refute it. Good try, again but, no.

Edit: It's just a nickel dude, that's worth a lot more than your pride and it's still only a nickel.

Last edited:
I've felt so left out over the past 5 or 6 years, I kinda want to boycott something just to see what it feels like. Although, not having Spotify would make dropping the kids off at school a lot less fun.

We stopped shopping at Hobby Lobby. It hasn't effected me negatively (there are other options) but I don't feel any better for it. Keep your Spotify.

Wikipedia describes Howell as a part of Metro Detroit.

The presidential election was damn near split.

Some home price data.

I did a search engine search for ?banned books in howell mi schools? and more links appeared than I would?ve thought. I?ll let anyone who wants to look for them self.

Hope this was helpful in clarifying Howell?s relationship to Detroit vis-?-vis that place in Puget sound ? I have never heard of it and I can?t remember the name off the top of my head - to Seattle.

Some home price data.

I did a search engine search for ?banned books in howell mi schools? and more links appeared than I would?ve thought. I?ll let anyone who wants to look for them self.

Hope this was helpful in clarifying Howell?s relationship to Detroit vis-?-vis that place in Puget sound ? I have never heard of it and I can?t remember the name off the top of my head - to Seattle.

yeah, the point was that they're both 25 miles outside the major city they're located near.

maybe those numbers are off by a bit. I didn't do a careful google maps comparison, since the book banning by republitards - as they whine about tech censorship - was the point, not whether that city is part of Seattle or more akin to Seattle politics than Howell/Detroit.

We stopped shopping at Hobby Lobby. It hasn't effected me negatively (there are other options) but I don't feel any better for it. Keep your Spotify.

I would have started shopping at hobby lobby but I wouldn't know where to find one and I doubt they have anything I want - I assume it's like a Michael's which I've been to once in my life and hope to never go back.

Google tells me the nearest HL is in Springfield which is a dump and 20 minutes w/ no traffic. Oh well.

Some home price data.

you don't need to remember the name, just that they're all a bunch of inbred white supremacist book banners banning books that teach about the evils of racism.

yeah, the point was that they're both 25 miles outside the major city they're located near.

maybe those numbers are off by a bit. I didn't do a careful google maps comparison, since the book banning by republitards - as they whine about tech censorship - was the point, not whether that city is part of Seattle or more akin to Seattle politics than Howell/Detroit.

LOL, the point you were trying to make was about their proximity to a mid-sized city, not that they're a bunch of republicans banning books because they're afraid of minorities. Turns out they're a bunch of wealthy leftists banning books because they're afraid of minorities, so the point is now about how close they are to the nearest urban area. I don't think even you would be dumb enough to fall for that - even in this post where you say the point was about how far they are from Seattle, you later say the point was really about Republicans banning books.

Last edited:
LOL, the point you were trying to make was about their proximity to a mid-sized city, not that they're a bunch of republicans banning books because they're afraid of minorities. Turns out they're a bunch of wealthy leftists banning books because they're afraid of minorities, so the point is now about how close they are to the nearest urban area. I don't think even you would be dumb enough to fall for that - even in this post where you say the point was about how far they are from Seattle, the point was really about Republicans banning books.

I don't know how it works where you live, but in most places, the voters don't ban books, the school board does.

The guy quoted in the article, John J. Gahagan, is on the board of the Family Action Council, which, as far as I can tell, is one of those evangelical "focus on the family" type joints. Looks like the school board elections there are strictly non-partisan though, so you can't see the board members actual party affiliation. The Seattle Times link actually says they didn't ban it, just removed it from the list of required reading, so it's not the best example of this..

You ignored the other article I quoted about book bans here in TX. Why? Couldn't get any cheap shots in on that one?

The other banned book making the news is Maus, a holocaust rememberance, banned by the McMinn Co., TN school board. Their web page doesn't have their bios up. PBS reports:
The McMinn County School Board decided Jan. 10 to remove ?Maus? from its curriculum, news outlets reported.

The decision comes as conservative officials across the country have increasingly tried to limit the type of books that children are exposed to, including books that address structural racism and LGBTQ issues. The Republican governors in South Carolina and Texas have called on superintendents to perform a systemic review of ?inappropriate? materials in their states? schools

Kids might read books about racism and go do a racism.

Protecting our kids from racism by removing all books that show the actual consequences of being racist...

public libraries...another waste of taxpayer money.

You might not like to read, but I'd imagine even you could admit that having books available for people to read for free is a societal benefit.

even here in TX our public libraries are widely used, especially by moms with young kids.

I don't know how it works where you live, but in most places, the voters don't ban books, the school board does.

You probably don't know how it works anywhere but in most places school board seats are elected positions - they're chosen by the voters. When the voting block in one of the most liberal parts of one of the most liberal states breaks >2:1 in favor of Biden, it's safe to say they're not electing an alt right school board.

The guy quoted in the article, John J. Gahagan, is on the board of the Family Action Council, which, as far as I can tell, is one of those evangelical "focus on the family" type joints.

I don't see anything on a Family Action Council in Washington - perhaps his bio is incorrect. There is a FAC in Tennessee but they have nothing to do with anything in WA - they're strictly focused on TN. Based on a review of their website, this seems to be the one you're thinking of when you say they're one of those "evangelical, focus on the family type" organizations, but it's odd because it's obvious from a their website that it's exclusive to TN - it's almost like you left that bit off intentionally

Looks like the school board elections there are strictly non-partisan though, so you can't see the board members actual party affiliation. The Seattle Times link actually says they didn't ban it, just removed it from the list of required reading, so it's not the best example of this..

Our school board elections are nonpartisan as well, but that doesn't mean the candidates don't have an agenda. In our most recent election, we had some real left wing radical whack jobs running for school board positions. And you're right and I'll take it a step furhter and say it's a terrible example of this but it's the one you specifically highlighted to make the point that it was exclusively Republicans who were banning books. It is most certainly NOT the case that Republicans are banning books in Mukilteo, WA.

You ignored the other article I quoted about book bans here in TX. Why? Couldn't get any cheap shots in on that one?

I didn't ignore the others - at least no more than you did. Like I said above, you specifically highlighted this one and tried to paint the board as Republicans so it's the only one I addressed directly. I fact checked it and found you couldn't be more wrong.

The other banned book making the news is Maus, a holocaust rememberance, banned by the McMinn Co., TN school board. Their web page doesn't have their bios up. PBS reports:
The McMinn County School Board decided Jan. 10 to remove ?Maus? from its curriculum, news outlets reported.

The decision comes as conservative officials across the country have increasingly tried to limit the type of books that children are exposed to, including books that address structural racism and LGBTQ issues. The Republican governors in South Carolina and Texas have called on superintendents to perform a systemic review of ?inappropriate? materials in their states? schools

Kids might read books about racism and go do a racism.

Protecting our kids from racism by removing all books that show the actual consequences of being racist...

Again, this is not what's happening here. For the most part, conservatives are removing books that contain graphic imagery or portrayal of a sexual nature, or ahistorical nonsense that you falsely label as books about "structural racism", from elementary and high school libraries where that kind of material doesn't belong. They're not banning books, they're taking age inappropriate books out of schools. You coming here with your hair on fire about censorship then saying actual censorship isn't censorship is just another example of your hypocrisy, bias and ignorance. In the case of Maus, they objected to a nude drawing of cartoon - haven't seen the book, not sure what grade level kids have access to it, but depending on the answers to those questions they may be overreacting in that case. But they're certainly not overreacting when elementary school kids and even high school kids, especially underclassmen (or is it underclasspeople?) are exposed to graphic depictions of sex or books that encourage young kids to question their gender, sexual orientation, etc. Parents certainly have a right to object to that kind of material being exposed to kids not mature enough to handle it.

Last edited:
Setting aside whether the books aren't appropriate for school...I wonder how many of these kids they are sheltering from the dark evils of the world have their own cell phone? I'm willing to bet they're looking up far worse than a book depicting cats and mice as Nazis and Jews.

Back