Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Nobody watches CNN anymore so they are trying to ban their competition. It won't bring viewers back to ya CNN, it only entrenches. If he's so crazy what are they afraid of?

https://www.infowars.com/apple-says...pp-threatens-to-censor-if-it-becomes-harmful/

If nobody watches CNN anymore who is their competition?

This has devolved into. the stupidest non-debate debate we?ve almost ever had in this forum.

I?m almost ready to steer this debate into the question of whose thugs are less thuggish? Wolverines or Spartans?

First they came for the terrorists, and Tigermud did not speak out because he wasn't a terrorist.
Then they came for the hate groups, and Tigermud did not speak out because he wasn't part of a hate group.
Then they came for the bullies, and Tigermud did not speak out because he wasn't a bully.
Then they came for the breastfeeders, and Tigermud did not speak out because he wasn't a breastfeeder.
Then they came for the Russian propagandists, and Tigermud did not speak out because he wasn't a Russian.
Now they've come for Alex Jones...

Not following you? Do you have any examples of something I was supposed to speak out for that I didn't?

If nobody watches CNN anymore who is their competition?

This has devolved into. the stupidest non-debate debate we’ve almost ever had in this forum.

I’m almost ready to steer this debate into the question of whose thugs are less thuggish? Wolverines or Spartans?

Sorry, a figure of speech, far fewer than years ago, better?

neutral, I don't follow college sports, only the Lions & Tigers that's it.

Last edited:
Not following you? Do you have any examples of something I was supposed to speak out for that I didn't?

Those are the previous steps on your slippery slope. There's probably a bunch more I'm not thinking of.

Those are the previous steps on your slippery slope. There's probably a bunch more I'm not thinking of.

so you are comparing Alex Jones to a Hate Group, Bully, Terrorist, Russian propagandists, breast feeder? ok, when ya got something that makes sense let me know.

Last edited:
Nobody watches CNN anymore so they are trying to ban their competition.

CNNratings.jpg

They might not be pulling in numbers like Fox and MSNBC but they seem to be pulling good numbers still.

Source

It won't bring viewers back to ya CNN, it only entrenches. If he's so crazy what are they afraid of?

I don't think a centrist-left news channel is concerned with losing viewers to an ultra right wing, web show. That makes no sense.

so you are comparing Alex Jones to a Hate Group, Bully, Terrorist, Russian propagandists, breast feeder? ok, when ya got something that makes sense let me know.

Those sound like things crisis actor Alex Jones would compare Obama to.

Those sound like things crisis actor Alex Jones would compare Obama to.

I can't recall ever hearing the crisis actor POS Jones lobbying to have anyone de-platformed like CNN is whining to Apple that his App is still available. It makes no sense, then what are they afraid of?

CNNratings.jpg

They might not be pulling in numbers like Fox and MSNBC but they seem to be pulling good numbers still.

Source

I don't think a centrist-left news channel is concerned with losing viewers to an ultra right wing, web show. That makes no sense.

I corrected my mistake that tinsel already pointed out, figures of speech too confusing :shrug:

In post #1, written by you, format copied here, the point was not to compare "you" to Infowars, Republicans, and Libertarians. The point being made is about why it's important to stand up for the rights of people different from yourself.

It's a good point. Of course, I do see limits to that principle, but you said there was no gray area.

So are you for or against Facebook censorship? Because you didn't complain when they censored the other things. (Similar to post #3 by MC.) Should the other stuff be allowed?

Last edited:
However, despite Google’s intention to fight the spread of fake news with its algorithmic change, the shift has dramatically reduced the viewership of independent, left-wing outlets.

Well, duh.

Those outlets are where fake news comes from.

The Russians were pushing pro-Bernie stuff too.

Last edited:
In post #1, written by you, format copied here, the point was not to compare "you" to Infowars, Republicans, and Libertarians. The point being made is about why it's important to stand up for the rights of people different from yourself.

It's a good point. Of course, I do see limits to that principle, but you said there was no gray area.

So are you for or against Facebook censorship? Because you didn't complain when they censored the other things. (Similar to post #3 by MC.) Should the other stuff be allowed?

Answered that in post #41

In general against but also recognize their right as a private company to 86 whomever they want as well as mine to not use their services.

Last edited:
I corrected my mistake that tinsel already pointed out, figures of speech too confusing :shrug:

I felt like putting the numbers out there as I've seen that kind of nonsense (CNN is doing terribly in the ratings) many times. I love .gifs, graphs, and sports statistics and will interject them whenever I can.

FWIW, I don't think your boy Alex should be banned from any social media platform and you know how I feel about him. Felt unnecessary.

I felt like putting the numbers out there as I've seen that kind of nonsense (CNN is doing terribly in the ratings) many times. I love .gifs, graphs, and sports statistics and will interject them whenever I can.

FWIW, I don't think your boy Alex should be banned from any social media platform and you know how I feel about him. Felt unnecessary.

thank you and I will admit I do turn him off sometimes when he gets too loud and blow hardish everybody else that works there isn't like that. He should strive to be more like Tucker Carlson, he is everything Jones is not.. I don't agree with him 100% of the time, I don't agree with Trump on everything either but certainly far more than I do with most of the left.

Last edited:
Facebook's Push For Users' Bank Records Triggers Fears Of A 'Chinese-Style Social Credit System' In U.S.

Our rulers want a world where they can not only turn you into an "unperson" by banning you from the internet but also deny you a bank account and a home if you don't hold the right political views.

Daniel Taylor at Old-Thinker News writes:
Mainstream media, in collusion with big tech, has created a system of public shaming and "de-personing."

In 2015, Paul Joseph Watson wrote about China's social credit score system, asking the question "Could such a system ever take off in America?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8py8fBI7wLY#action=share

The first step is already complete; Big tech has our personal data.

Facebook recently asked U.S. banks to share user financial data including transactions and account balances in an effort to boost user engagement with the app.

Matt Stoller, a fellow at the Open Markets Institute, stated after Facebook's announcement that it is a sign that big tech is moving toward a social credit system in the United States. Stoller said, "concentrated tech power is moving us towards a dystopian social credit scoring system."

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=58854

Last edited:
thank you and I will admit I do turn him off sometimes when he gets too loud and blow hardish everybody else that works there isn't like that. He should strive to be more like Tucker Carlson, he is everything Jones is not.. I don't agree with him 100% of the time, I don't agree with Trump on everything either but certainly far more than I do with most of the left.

Doesn?t Tucker Carlson always wear a bowtie?

Maybe AJ should start always wearing the bowtie.

Back