Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

How much unification could you ask for right now? We've seen approval ratings higher than they been in a decade in extremely divisive times.

How much unification do you think he's going to get by taking the country to these kinds of extremes?

By the way, Rasmussen has Biden at 50% in his first full month, 1 point behind Trump at the same point in his Presidency. Biden's approval among Dems is 83% vs. Trump's approval among Republicans at 81%.

Edit: Biden has a 20 pt spread between those who viewed the country headed in the right direction (37%) to wrong direction (57%). Ouch. The difference for Trump was 6pts (44% right vs 50% wrong).

Last edited:
Wow. Looking at non-cherry picked numbers, Ford dropped 22 points when he pardoned Nixon, and he was still higher than Trump ever got.

Wow. Looking at non-cherry picked numbers, Ford dropped 22 points when he pardoned Nixon, and he was still higher than Trump ever got.

Cherry picked? You said we’ve seen approval ratings higher than we’ve seen in a decade so I looked at Biden’s approval ratings. Were you talking about someone else’s approval ratings because these don’t look like the highest we’ve seen in a decade.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cherry picked? You said we’ve seen approval ratings higher than we’ve seen in a decade so I looked at Biden’s approval ratings. Were you talking about someone else’s approval ratings because these don’t look like the highest we’ve seen in a decade.

Yeah, Rasmussen is persistently biased R relative to means of polls (but I think you knew that which is why I said 'cherry picked')

Last edited:
Yeah, Rasmussen is persistently biased R relative to means of polls (but I think you knew that which is why I said 'cherry picked')

ah, so the poll is partisan and that's cherry picking but cherry picking his approval rating from before he actually took office and did anything, then ignoring how it's changed since he's actually been in office and taken action is not cherry picking.

to be clear, poll numbers before in office - not cherry picking. Poll numbers after actually doing the job - cherry picking. That about right?

Edit: I didn't know that about Rasmussen, it was just the first link that came up in a Bing search, but thanks for informing me. By the way, which poll source were you referring to when you didn't actually post any numbers? Obviously no Rasmussen, but how can we be sure those aren't also biased?

Last edited:
Edit: I didn't know that about Rasmussen, it was just the first link that came up in a Bing search, but thanks for informing me. By the way, which poll source were you referring to when you didn't actually post any numbers? Obviously no Rasmussen, but how can we be sure those aren't also biased?

Because if it is a Leftist resource it is never biased!

ah, so the poll is partisan and that's cherry picking but cherry picking his approval rating from before he actually took office and did anything, then ignoring how it's changed since he's actually been in office and taken action is not cherry picking.

to be clear, poll numbers before in office - not cherry picking. Poll numbers after actually doing the job - cherry picking. That about right?

Just like every other time. 538. Baseball stats methods applied to political data.

What poll numbers from before being in office are you talking about?

Nevermind. I don't care. You made up some nonsense in your head again and I just don't care.

What poll numbers from before being in office are you talking about?

Nevermind. I don't care. You made up some nonsense in your head again and I just don't care.

Wow, that may be the quickest you've ever thrown a temper tantrum, taken your ball and gone home. Usually you whine a bit longer about how your vague posts with no supporting data weren't understood exactly as you meant them before throwing yourself on the floor and kicking and screaming like a 2 year old.

I'm assuming your poll numbers are from before taking office because you never posted them, you just said they were at decade highs. When I looked and the first article refers to Biden's poll number dropping after just one month in office, seemed like a reasonable assumption.

Last edited:
I expect that very soon it will be a crime of some sort to even believe that there are only two sexes — man and woman — and that same-sex “marriage” is an impossibility, regardless of how many laws are enacted to the contrary. And that to deny its viability will be a de facto crime, even if I take no personal measures to oppose it.

But, then, the very fact that I am Catholic is prima facia proof that I will be breaking this law when it is enacted.

“A single instance of discrimination may have more than one basis. For example, discrimination against a married same-sex couple could be based on the sex stereotype that marriage should only be between heterosexual couples, the sexual orientation of the two individuals in the couple, or both.”

Source: HR 5 - 116th Congress

It will be “discriminatory” to even believe that “marriage should only be between heterosexual couples.”

And HR 5 torpedos the RFRA of 1993.

“The Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 (42 U.S.C. 2000bb et seq.) shall not provide a claim concerning, or a defense to a claim under, a covered title, or provide a basis for challenging the application or enforcement of a covered title.”

(From RFRA)

“ The purposes of this chapter are-
(1) to restore the compelling interest test as set forth in Sherbert v. Verner, 374 U.S. 398 (1963) and Wisconsin v. Yoder, 406 U.S. 205 (1972) and to guarantee its application in all cases where free exercise of religion is substantially burdened; and
(2) to provide a claim or defense to persons whose religious exercise is substantially burdened by government.

Soon two men or women (but that’s just their assigned sex) will demand to be married by a Catholic priest in the Church, as a Sacramental Rite, and we’ll then see what happens.

Last edited:
I expect that very soon it will be a crime of some sort to even believe that there are only two sexes — man and woman — and that same-sex “marriage” is an impossibility, irregardless of how many laws are enacted to the contrary. And that to deny its viability will be a de facto crime, even if I take no personal measures to oppose it.

How do you make the jump from legislating discriminatory behavior and belief? Not you, they. How can legislators make that jump?

Last edited:

thanks for this review of the accuracy of polls predicting election results. This definitely proves the Rasmussen approval ratings polls are biased in favor of Republicans and can't be trusted - at least they certainly can't be trusted as much as the polls you so far haven't posted or even quoted with anything other than "highs we haven't seen in a decade."

Last edited:
How do you make the jump from legislating discriminatory behavior and belief? Not you, they. How can legislators make that jump?

Because the Catholic Church says this about marriage:

1601 "The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament."

1603 "The intimate community of life and love which constitutes the married state has been established by the Creator and endowed by him with its own proper laws. . . . God himself is the author of marriage."87 The vocation to marriage is written in the very nature of man and woman as they came from the hand of the Creator. Marriage is not a purely human institution despite the many variations it may have undergone through the centuries in different cultures, social structures, and spiritual attitudes. These differences should not cause us to forget its common and permanent characteristics. Although the dignity of this institution is not transparent everywhere with the same clarity,88 some sense of the greatness of the matrimonial union exists in all cultures. "The well-being of the individual person and of both human and Christian society is closely bound up with the healthy state of conjugal and family life."

1625 The parties to a marriage covenant are a baptized man and woman, free to contract marriage, who freely express their consent; "to be free" means:

- not being under constraint;

- not impeded by any natural or ecclesiastical law.

And it says a lot more on the topic that HR5 would consider as “discriminatory.” The belief is a de facto act, defined by the belief (the Truth) itself.

Last edited:
And it says a lot more on the topic that HR5 would consider as ?discriminatory.? The belief is a de facto act, defined by the belief (the Truth) itself.

I don't think they can write any of that into law. Where are the edges of overlap between religion and government discrimination law? Schools and hospitals? Oh! Hate crime law! Maybe a person's religion could be used to elevate the seriousness of another crime.

I don't think they can write any of that into law. Where are the edges of overlap between religion and government discrimination law? Schools and hospitals? Oh! Hate crime law! Maybe a person's religion could be used to elevate the seriousness of another crime.

Have you read the bill? It can read minds.

“ 12) Discrimination based on sexual orientation includes discrimination based on an individual’s actual or perceived romantic, emotional, physical, or sexual attraction to other persons, or lack thereof, on the basis of gender. LGBTQ people, including gender nonbinary people, also commonly experience discrimination because of sex-based stereotypes. Many people are subjected to discrimination because of others’ perceptions or beliefs regarding their sexual orientation. Even if these perceptions are incorrect, the identity imputed by others forms the basis of discrimination.”

Last edited:
Have you read the bill? It can read minds.

? 12) Discrimination based on sexual orientation includes discrimination based on an individual?s actual or perceived romantic, emotional, physical, or sexual attraction to other persons, or lack thereof, on the basis of gender. LGBTQ people, including gender nonbinary people, also commonly experience discrimination because of sex-based stereotypes. Many people are subjected to discrimination because of others? perceptions or beliefs regarding their sexual orientation. Even if these perceptions are incorrect, the identity imputed by others forms the basis of discrimination.?

I haven't, but I don't think this element is fundamentally new. We worry about intent and motive and who knew (believed) what when in relation to crime all the time, but not independent of a crime.

Back