Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Size discrepancies aren't the issue - same-size males have huge advantages over same-size females in all sports. Fallon Fox, a transgender female mma fighter had twice fractured the skulls of her biological female opponents in her weight class. She has not been banned from fighting actual women, even ones her size. In fact "Outsports" a sports news website that focuses on LGBT issues in sports called Fallon Fox the "bravest athlete in history" - for being teased for beating the living shit out of women but still having the courage to go out and do it again. Slightly more mainstream outlet, Vice had this to say about Fox: "Fallon was born with a peen. No one?s perfect. I throw away too much salad. She was raised as a dude, as I am told is traditional in Ohio for babies born with outwardly expressive genitalia. But that peen never did sit right with her and, since 2008, she has been a woman in mind, body, and soul."

One of her first ever opponents who at the time was not told that Fox was transgender had this to say about fighting Fox: ?I?ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night,? Brents said, recounting her experience fighting Fox. ?I can?t answer whether it?s because she was born a man or not because I?m not a doctor. I can only say, I?ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right? I still disagree with Fox fighting. Any other job or career I say have a go at it, but when it comes to a combat sport I think it just isn?t fair.?

Well, I don?t know that we have to focus on things of this fairly extreme nature.

My understanding is some high school girls in any sport - contact or non-contact - feel they?re being treated unfairly.

Does it matter that there aren?t and probably won?t be millions of penis endowed girls - who have the same shit that comes with such accoutrement - denser bones, denser muscles, more aggressive characters (generally good for competitive sports) or just a few - who want to compete against girls born with vaginas- if the vagina endowed girls - having the various shit the comes with a vagina - basically, less of the accoutrements that comes with a penis - feel the chicks with dicks have an unfair - and unnatural - advantage - shouldn?t their feelings be taken into consideration?

Now, I don?t consider myself all that much of a conservative, but a conservative rant in favor of women?s ? or young women?s - rights?

That there, that there is some shit that you do not see every day.

Now, I don?t consider myself all that much of a conservative, but a conservative rant in favor of women?s ? or young women?s - rights?

I think it's a completely mainstream position. People care about fairness. If it was about transgender issues we'd be talking about guys sports too, but we don't. We focus on the parts we know (when we see it) are unfair.

I think it's a completely mainstream position. People care about fairness. If it was about transgender issues we'd be talking about guys sports too, but we don't. We focus on the parts we know (when we see it) are unfair.

I was being kind of facetious, going onto the running theme about ?hysterical conservative right wing rants? surrounding this discussion.

why does it have to be millions? For every trans athlete that dominates girls high school sports, that displaces an actual girl who has worked her whole live to compete and earn an athletic scholarship to someone who has a clear unfair advantage. Seems like an odd position for a guy who literally has 100s of posts complaining about the unfair advantages rich people have, but guys pretending to be girls and taking their spots on teams, winning their championships and scholarships? Totally cool.

this is a bad analogy... I'm not endorsing trans-females participating in women's sports, just saying it's not a big deal and nobody should care. we have much bigger problems right now

Also that the people claiming this is unfair to female athletes are being disingenuous here... they never gave a shit about women's rights, and openly disparage them every chance they get.

Kinda like Neocons fighting against gay marriage here in the States, then pointing out laws criminalizing homosexuality in Iran as a reason we should bomb the Iranians.

I can see both sides to this. I don't pay any attention to any women's sports and really don't give a shit about them. On the other hand, I can sympathize with some girl that has to compete against a man that decided to cut his dick off.

This is the difference between worrying about unfairness and injury vs arguing that women are being erased.

The Seuss debate shows Republicans' cancel culture war is a fight against the free market
The escalating rhetoric on so-called "cancel culture" is conservatives' way of saying they are losing power in society and they want someone to stop that.
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...el-culture-war-fight-against-free-ncna1259471
Glenn Beck assessed the true import of the Seuss/Potato Head decisions in typically florid fashion: “Buy Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head because it's the end of an era,” he said Wednesday. “It is the end of freedom in America.”

Last edited:
Well, I don?t know that we have to focus on things of this fairly extreme nature.

My understanding is some high school girls in any sport - contact or non-contact - feel they?re being treated unfairly.

Does it matter that there aren?t and probably won?t be millions of penis endowed girls - who have the same shit that comes with such accoutrement - denser bones, denser muscles, more aggressive characters (generally good for competitive sports) or just a few - who want to compete against girls born with vaginas- if the vagina endowed girls - having the various shit the comes with a vagina - basically, less of the accoutrements that comes with a penis - feel the chicks with dicks have an unfair - and unnatural - advantage - shouldn?t their feelings be taken into consideration?

I'm not focusing on extremes, I'm making the point that there are a lot of voices complaining about fairness that aren't being heard and will be completely silenced if the equality act passes and is signed into law. The purpose of that post was to counter the claim that someone would intervene if the unfair advantage was leading to people getting their skulls bashed in - we actually have an example of people getting their skulls bashed in and nothing is being done about it - quite the opposite, it's being celebrated as "brave".

this is a bad analogy... I'm not endorsing trans-females participating in women's sports, just saying it's not a big deal and nobody should care. we have much bigger problems right now

Also that the people claiming this is unfair to female athletes are being disingenuous here... they never gave a shit about women's rights, and openly disparage them every chance they get.

Kinda like Neocons fighting against gay marriage here in the States, then pointing out laws criminalizing homosexuality in Iran as a reason we should bomb the Iranians.

this is simply false - nothing but bullshit moral posturing.

and of course you think it's a bad analogy - otherwise you'd have to admit you're a hypocrite.

The purpose of that post was to counter the claim that someone would intervene if the unfair advantage was leading to people getting their skulls bashed in

The conditional claim. Someone, or public pressure, is how it should work. But we get more polarized and push organizations to set black & white rules and policies and think that solves it. Nobody's happy with gray area anymore. No room for moderates.

Last edited:
hey, did you see another of Elon Musk's rockets blew up on the launchpad?

No, but I've lost count how many times it's happened.

If it's fine for him to throw gobs of satellites in the sky, so many astronomers and people worried about it getting crowded up there take issue with it, why haven't governments already done it? Seems like there would be value to it.

to be fair, it did fly up 6 miles and make a successful landing...it just exploded 8 minutes later. If the passengers get off REALLY quick, I think he can start taking people up to space pretty soon.

to be fair, it did fly up 6 miles and make a successful landing...it just exploded 8 minutes later. If the passengers get off REALLY quick, I think he can start taking people up to space pretty soon.

If they don't get off quick enough, tech bros will just make more youtube videos arguing their deaths helped Elon Musk "improve his products" like they do when people die in fiery tesla crashes

No, but I've lost count how many times it's happened.

If it's fine for him to throw gobs of satellites in the sky, so many astronomers and people worried about it getting crowded up there take issue with it, why haven't governments already done it? Seems like there would be value to it.

probably because there's not value in it. it just serves to draw more attention to Elon

It was more of a celebratory backflip. Don't be disengenuous.

It's been an interesting ride watching Elon go from celebrated innovator to everyone's favorite whipping boy in a small amount of time.

probably because there's not value in it. it just serves to draw more attention to Elon

I think I heard they're doing well for the small number of test users. Something like 100 MB/s which is great for the target market.

But regarding why the government isn't doing it, I thought the value might lie in spy satellites that couldn't be avoided through scheduling.

Last edited:
It was more of a celebratory backflip. Don't be disengenuous.

It's been an interesting ride watching Elon go from celebrated innovator to everyone's favorite whipping boy in a small amount of time.

You can only fool people for so long...

Media was not as critical of Tech Bros and Silicon Valley as they should've been, and really helped sell that "disruption is good" and "we're changing the paradigm" bullshit to most of America.

And now, because of that favorable press, when people do realize how bad handing all our data to these freaks, and allowing google, facebook, and amazon to grow unchecked is, they still can't come to obvious conclusions about what to do about it. Hopefully, the fact that these platforms are censoring Conservatives and the fringe Right (as well as the left), will push bipartisan anti-trust measures to break them all up

I actually had a favorable opinion of Musk longer than much of the rest of his ilk, and thought Tesla was a good thing. I am reserving opinion on Tesla itself, but I think Musk is a jackass, and most of his ideas are half-baked.

Space X is stupid. The fact that it exists is not a good thing, but a sign of our failing society.

I think Tesla did a lot to make electric vehicles acceptable/break the stereotype that they had to be wimpy with tiny range.

The conditional claim. Someone, or public pressure, is how it should work. But we get more polarized and push organizations to set black & white rules and policies and think that solves it. Nobody's happy with gray area anymore. No room for moderates.

I agree - lawmakers in Washington should listen to public pressure and use basic common sense based on obvious biological science, rather than pandering to the woke mob by passing nonsense like the equality act, erasing decades of struggle for women's rights.

Back