Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

It's official - UM vs Va tech

oh i heard that

but i have said that about teh bcs for a while too - it does not encourage playing too many tough teams in OOC

How many of you actually think Michigan is better than Wisconsin? Also, Wisconsin blew out pretty much everyone they beat.

VaTech's OOC schedule: Appalachian State, ECU, Arkansas State, Marshall.

They played 6 teams w/winning records, one of those was FCS App St. 7 if you count Clemson twice.

We also played 6, however, the 6-6 teams we played were a lot better than the ones they played: Ohio State, Illinois, Northwestern, EMU versus Wake Forest & MiamiFl.

suh said:
How many of you actually think Michigan is better than Wisconsin? Also, Wisconsin blew out pretty much everyone they beat.

You mad? It doesn't matter what we think, the only thing that matters is we're going to the Sugar Bowl.

smayschmouthfootball said:
suh said:
Im kinda questioning the computer polls. The computers say that Michigan is a better team than Wisconsin. Do they even take schedule, location, and win margin into account?

What? M is 13, Wisconsin 10 in the BCS.

I was talking about some of the individual ones, not the poll in general. They also rank MSU as low as 24(!?).

MichChamp02 said:
VaTech's OOC schedule: Appalachian State, ECU, Arkansas State, Marshall.

They played 6 teams w/winning records, one of those was FCS App St. 7 if you count Clemson twice.

We also played 6, however, the 6-6 teams we played were a lot better than the ones they played: Ohio State, Illinois, Northwestern, EMU versus Wake Forest & MiamiFl.
Thanks man. So Turdstreit was bagging on VaTech.

It didn't seem like Kirk was contesting Michigan being in at all. He was more upset about the fact that VT got picked over K State and Boise solely for the money. He didn't direct any of it at UM specifically like he did VT.

suh said:

yes, but they played a weaker schedule.

I think they're a better team than us, but it's not that much of a disparity, and I think we could beat them at home.

On a neutral field, I'd give them the edge.

it also shows why the whole bcs stuff is a joke

just play good bowl games - essentially after #1 who cares what ranking anyone is

suh said:
What? M is 13, Wisconsin 10 in the BCS.

I was talking about some of the individual ones, not the poll in general. They also rank MSU as low as 24(!?).

Sorry. All out of empathy. From 72-74 M went 30-2-1 and did not go to any bowl game.

suh said:

Sorry. All out of empathy. From 72-74 M went 30-2-1 and did not go to any bowl game.
LOL. +1

bphillips4gg said:
It didn't seem like Kirk was contesting Michigan being in at all. He was more upset about the fact that VT got picked over K State and Boise solely for the money. He didn't direct any of it at UM specifically like he did VT.

That was my take as well

we stayed home one of those years partially thanks to Sparty... paybacks are a bitch.

It's going to be even more of a bitch next season.

MichChamp02 said:
we stayed home one of those years partially thanks to Sparty... paybacks are a bitch.

It's going to be even more of a bitch next season.

It still rankles. So let sparty stew.

josh200612 said:
CornellStone22 Darryl Stonum
Ayyyyy sugar bowl babyyyyyy!!!! U mad kirk? Lol #cheerUp
1 minute ago

Hope he's not celebrating too hard....

Back