Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

jason smith being released

Rams need Blackmon, if they don't draft him they should be eliminated from the NFL>

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Rams need Blackmon, if they don't draft him they should be eliminated from the NFL>
Blackmon is great, but not on the level of Calvin/Fitz/Green. Bradford needs WR help, but even more important, he needs to be protected. Maybe the worst O-Line in football last year. Kalil makes more sense.

Saffold did regress in 2011 before tearing the pec and LeVoir is more of a swing OG/OT.

Rams could go top LT...it's the value pick

but if they don't resign Llyod , Blackmon is the put fans in the seat pick.

you have to protect the QB first in the NFL , I think the Rams go LT

Blackmon was the best offensive player in the NCAA last year and top 2 the last two years. That offense is moribund averaging 12!!! points per game in the era of offense. They've gone oline year after year with obviously little success. I agree with Zoom take Blackmon and give Bradford some separation. An open receiver will do wonders for the pass blocking too.

cheeno said:
Blackmon was the best offensive player in the NCAA last year and top 2 the last two years. That offense is moribund averaging 12!!! points per game in the era of offense. They've gone oline year after year with obviously little success. I agree with Zoom take Blackmon and give Bradford some separation. An open receiver will do wonders for the pass blocking too.
I understand this. But look at what their new coach wants for his offense. Run the ball, protect the QB. If they grade Kalil and Blackmon close, its Kalil. Honestly though, either one would be great for their team.

Schottenheimer likes to throw , he comes from the Coryell tree.

either protect Bradford so he can throw , or go get a stud WR and re-sigh Llyod and chuck it anyway.

interesting decision coming in St louis.

I agree with both of you guys. IMO Kalil is a can't miss LT. If Indy and Manning were serious about playing 5-6 more years I'd take him at 1 over Luck.

Rams would be nuts not to draft Blackmon. I understand the "protect your QB" scenario but Blackmon is a superstar in the making. He's a fn stud. And for a team who was atrocious on offense, Blackmon is the pick.

Back