Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Joe Thomas

tazmac

It appears he is finally unhappy in Cleveland. I wonder if Detroit will give them a call and see what it would take to pull off a trade. I'm not sure about his contract status but I think it would be a good upgrade to our o-line.

It appears he is finally unhappy in Cleveland. I wonder if Detroit will give them a call and see what it would take to pull off a trade. I'm not sure about his contract status but I think it would be a good upgrade to our o-line.

Don't they want a fortune for him? If we were close to getting to a SB, maybe.. But I think he'll cost too much.

Don't they want a fortune for him? If we were close to getting to a SB, maybe.. But I think he'll cost too much.

Rumor was they would take a 2nd round pick for him last season, but he was unwilling to waive his no-trade.

And with the team in complete disarray, he might be had for cheaper, though I doubt it.

It would take more than we can afford to give up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

that would be fantastic if we can get Thomas in Detroit somehow. Hell trade the first round pick for him?

that would be fantastic if we can get Thomas in Detroit somehow. Hell trade the first round pick for him?

Not at his age. Not a first rounder.

I sure wouldn't be opposed to seeing him here, but the price has to be realistic.

Reiff and a 4th for Thomas. Browns get younger. Thomas is about 1.5 million more, but neither has any dead cap hits. Seems fair...for the Lions.

Reiff and a 4th for Thomas. Browns get younger. Thomas is about 1.5 million more, but neither has any dead cap hits. Seems fair...for the Lions.

Not sure why they'd want Reiff first of all. 4th round pick doesn't make up for that.

Not sure why they'd want Reiff first of all. 4th round pick doesn't make up for that.

All depends on the leverage he has......he has 3 years remaining on his current deal. He is one of the very few players the Browns have that could be traded and get an actual return for.

If the new management wants to start rebuilding, he could be dealt.

Personally, I wouldn't give up my 1st round pick.....but see if Cleveland would take both of our 3rd round picks (im assuming we get one for Suh).

How about this.......We give Cleveland our 2 third round picks for Joe Thomas and Josh Gordon. Gordons contract goes through 2016 because of his suspension (I believe that's how it goes, not 100% sure). His cap hit is just over $1M (again, if I understand the tolled contract situation) with NO penalty if he's cut.

Browns get rid of Gordon, get 2 top 100 picks.....Gordon gets a new start......Lions get a potential replacement for CJ......we also get our LT and move Reiff to the RT spot where he probably belongs. BOOM!!! Just opened up our first 2 picks for a DT and CB!!!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!! Lol.

Josh Gordon is close to never playing again.

All depends on the leverage he has......he has 3 years remaining on his current deal. He is one of the very few players the Browns have that could be traded and get an actual return for.

If the new management wants to start rebuilding, he could be dealt.

Personally, I wouldn't give up my 1st round pick.....but see if Cleveland would take both of our 3rd round picks (im assuming we get one for Suh).

How about this.......We give Cleveland our 2 third round picks for Joe Thomas and Josh Gordon. Gordons contract goes through 2016 because of his suspension (I believe that's how it goes, not 100% sure). His cap hit is just over $1M (again, if I understand the tolled contract situation) with NO penalty if he's cut.

Browns get rid of Gordon, get 2 top 100 picks.....Gordon gets a new start......Lions get a potential replacement for CJ......we also get our LT and move Reiff to the RT spot where he probably belongs. BOOM!!! Just opened up our first 2 picks for a DT and CB!!!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

I don't remember if it was Ngata, a move in the draft, or what.. but I am pretty sure we have no 3rd round pick except the compensatory we will probably get for Suh, which can't be traded.

Last edited:
Not sure the cost but could be a big move. I'd like the draft this year to be about a key position and depth instead of praying for an immediate home run. Need to go in with less major gaps. Need to resign ngata or add some dts. Need depth at de and cb. Need help at center and tackle. But it's not as deep a hole as in the past.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Not sure the cost but could be a big move. I'd like the draft this year to be about a key position and depth instead of praying for an immediate home run. Need to go in with less major gaps. Need to resign ngata or add some dts. Need depth at de and cb. Need help at center and tackle. But it's not as deep a hole as in the past.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

It's not a deep hole but we need to hit on draft picks on the Dline. I am on the trenches train this draft, both sides high and often.

If he's unhappy in Cle what makes people think he'd be happy in Det?

Two of the worst ran organizations in the NFL.

We need a RT....I don't care what it takes to get one....we have plenty of money. Get Joe Thomas to play LT and move Reiff to RT???...works for me. 2nd rd pick?....done. We were probably going to use our top 5 pick on one anyways and Joe Thomas is light years better than any top 10 OL draft prospect in this years draft. Hes a year older now so a 3rd rd pick would make more sense. But hes still better than any 2nd rd pick we could hope to get.

Back