Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jussie Smollett Arrest and Charge

So...why not do a plea deal rather than giving a complete dismissal?

I guess he forfeited his bond… I guess that was the deal.

There seems to be some tension between the Chicago prosecuting attorney and the Chicago police.

no, no convicting people for actual crimes is a greater miscarriage of justice than letting them get away with the crimes - he knows because he has a degree from a retread law school. You see, Jussie was well intentioned and he was promoting the same false and baseless narrative of an irredeemably racist President (and America itself of course) that turd so firmly believes in so he shouldn't be held accountable for any of the laws he broke. Convicting him of the felonies he committed would further disprove and damage that narrative which according to great legal minds such as his, would make it an obvious miscarriage of justice. LOL at everyone else for being so painfully stupid and not understanding law and justice like a lawyer.

Last edited:
I was going to make a joke that this is payback for the outcome of the Mueller report… but I wasn’t going to take any swipes at anybody else on the board, in doing it.

That’s not my thing.

no, no convicting people for actual crimes is a greater miscarriage of justice than letting them get away with the crimes - ...

Yeah, sure.

I guess this same point applies to you, BOZO

but I guess we've still got a few minutes before this gets pushed out of the news cycle, so keep humping that idea that this is some big scandal, clown.

Yeah, sure.

I guess this same point applies to you, BOZO

LOL, you literally just said convicting him of his crimes would be a greater miscarriage of justice than letting him go. I guess I should have added "no, no convicting people who aren't wealthy white bankers of their crimes is a greater miscarriage of justice than letting them get away with the crimes..."

And of course, you can't wait for it to go away because you know you fell for it hook, line and sinker - just like "hands up, don't shoot", Trayvon Martin and every other story of a high profile alleged hate crime that turns out to be a hoax or based on complete lies (i.e. literally every one of them).

Last edited:
LOL at you for being so painfully stupid.

Smollett is a dumbass, and a complete loser but the charges were clearly trumped up and a waste of time to prosecute. convicting him of 16 felonies or whatever it was would've been a bigger miscarriage of justice than what they did in the end.

but I guess we've still got a few minutes before this gets pushed out of the news cycle, so keep humping that idea that this is some big scandal, clown.

I feel like falsely reporting a hate crime is something that should be prosecuted. As far as 16 felonies...that is probably a little much.

I feel like falsely reporting a hate crime is something that should be prosecuted. As far as 16 felonies...that is probably a little much.

Don?t forget, he forfeited 10 grand.

That sounds fair.

On a tangent, his heretofore attorney, Mark Garagos, now embroiled in the Michael Avenatti events, was conspicuously absent from the press conference.

it depends on how many felonies he committed. It's not at all unusual for prosecutors to bring multiple charges in criminal cases. The fact that he was charged with a large number doesn't in any way invalidate the case or make this a miscarriage of justice. For all we know, it could have just been part of a strategy to bargain with the accused for a plea deal and avoid a trial. I imagine that happens all the time.

Don’t forget, he forfeited 10 grand.

That sounds fair.

On a tangent, his heretofore attorney, Mark Garagos, now embroiled in the Michael Avenatti events, was conspicuously absent from the press conference.

$10k is a small price to pay for throwing gas on the flames that are currently dividing this country, forcing the misappropriation of police resources and selfishly abusing his fame to advance his career.

Don't forget, he's also the lead suspect in the phony mail scare that failed to get the level of attention he hoped, leading him to stage the second fraudulent attack against him (allegedly, of course).

Last edited:
He thanked the State of Illinois, not the city of Chicago.

When you overlay Hollywood onto the city of Chicago, man you open the door for some wild and wacky shit.

Maybe that’s why so many of those TV dramas have been set in Chicago.

Those two lying Nigerian bodybuilders who faked being racist homophobic Trump supporters and beat their friend and client poor Jussie up-I tell you those two should face the piper.

Smollett is a dumbass, and a complete loser but the charges were clearly trumped up and a waste of time to prosecute. convicting him of 16 felonies or whatever it was would've been a bigger miscarriage of justice than what they did in the end.

Like I said I don't have any problem with it all being dropped, hate to see someone ruin their life over something so stupid resulting from their blind trump hate, if he'd admit and seek help I'd be perfectly fine with it. It would appear the Chicago PD aren't OK with it. Don't let that trump hate consume you too michchump, break that CNN/MSNBC conditioning they are all blinded by hate.

https://twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/1110581594505560065

Last edited:
$10k is a small price to pay for throwing gas on the flames that are currently dividing this country, forcing the misappropriation of police resources and selfishly abusing his fame to advance his career.

Don't forget, he's also the lead suspect in the phony mail scare that failed to get the level of attention he hoped, leading him to stage the second fraudulent attack against him (allegedly, of course).

You couldn?t tell I was being sarcastic?

As far as the mail scare, I don?t know that that is settled-it would seem to me that that would be up to the FBI.

Maybe they?ve been waiting to see what the outcome of the current and now dismissed charges were going to be before making a decision as to whether to go forward with an investigation into that or not.

maybe Kim will get that FBI request after all.

I don?t think the FBI would have jurisdiction regarding the charges that were dropped. Maybe that?s why Foxx was requesting the FBI to take over-maybe it was a ruse to be able to make it ultimately go away.

I wanted the Emmanuel Johnson press coverage back and I am re-watching it from the beginning. If they ever make a movie of this ice cube has got to play Eddie Johnson.

You couldn’t tell I was being sarcastic?

As far as the mail scare, I don’t know that that is settled-it would seem to me that that would be up to the FBI.

Maybe they’ve been waiting to see what the outcome of the current and now dismissed charges were going to be before making a decision as to whether to go forward with an investigation into that or not.

I figured you probably were - that post was mostly for the benefit of folks who think what he did was no big deal and that prosecuting him for it would have been a bigger miscarriage of justice than letting him go.

As for the mail scam, you're correct it's not settled which is why I chose my words so carefully, calling him the #1 suspect and taking pains to make it clear those crimes were alleged. I believe though that it was being actively investigated (by the FBI, or secret service or another federal agency, not CPD) as from what I understand, the federal authorities take such threats sent via mail very seriously. Again, IIRC several magazines were taken from the apartment of the Nigerian fellows - and there was speculation that they may have been used to make the letter sent to the set of Empire (apparently the letter was from words or letters cutout of a magazine). but those magazines were seized by the CPD, not the FBI and it's unclear if anything further came from them.

Last edited:

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin, just said things that seem to corroborate some of the statements made in the link that was contained in the tiger mud post you just quoted.

She also just said members of the Chicago PD have called for a federal investigation into Kim Foxx and her communication between the former Michelle Obama aide and the Smollett family member that are cited in the link.

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin, just said things that seem to corroborate some of the statements made in the link that was contained in the tiger mud post you just quoted.

She also just said members of the Chicago PD have called for a federal investigation into Kim Foxx and her communication between the former Michelle Obama aide and the Smollett family member that are cited in the link.

I believe the CPD asked for that investigation last week, well before the charges against Smollet were dropped. I think this Kim Foxx has had it in for the CPD for a long time and she may have just done serious damage to her career because she let her hatred get the best of her. Women are so emotional - they shouldn't be able to have positions like Attorney General, at least not in district with a major city like Chicago (#sarcasm, just in case turd is reading this).

Last edited:
I believe the CPD asked for that investigation last week, well before the charges against Smollet were dropped. I think this Kim Foxx has had it in for the CPD for a long time and she may have just done serious damage to her career because she let her hatred get the best of her. Women are so emotional - they shouldn't be able to have positions like Attorney General

Ann Coulter would agree with what I bolded.

I hadn?t heard it before today-I don?t know everything about everything that goes on in every big city in the country or the world-that said, in the reporting on this event today, I?ve heard comments that the CPD has been unhappy with Foxx with regard to choosing to not prosecute other, less famous cases.

Back