Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jussie Smollett Arrest and Charge

1) our government is pushing a coup in Venezuela, and more than that, appears to be pushing for an actual armed invasion. this is the second time we've tried that this century, and after our attempt in 2002 failed, we've put the entire country under economic sanctions and forced our allies in Europe to do the same.

I wouldn't take Trump's word for it or act like I know what's really going on, but the leaders of Spain, Austria, Britain, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Poland, Portugal, and Sweden are all supporting Guaido.

I know Bernie dodged the question about recognizing Guaido.

The protests calling for change have been significant. The average Venezuelan was reported to have lost 24 lbs back in 2017 due to food shortages. It might be fair to dodge the question of legitimacy of Guaido by law, but there's good reason to at least cheer on regime change.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...t-losses-in-2017-as-hunger-hits-idUSKCN1G52HA

...and they probably weren't overweight on average like Americans to begin with. 24 lbs is a ton! Figuratively!

Last edited:
lol, I couldn't care less just as I don't care that John Elway - the greatest QB of all-time - is a raging Trumpster douche.
Sure, but Dems don't reward Dems like jwlc was suggesting. Some are going after Bernie right now over issues of how women were treated within his campaign. Not anything he did personally, just that he didn't do enough to police everybody in his organization.

Sure, but Dems don't reward Dems like jwlc was suggesting. Some are going after Bernie right now over issues of how women were treated within his campaign. Not anything he did personally, just that he didn't do enough to police everybody in his organization.

In my opinion, the ones going after Bernie aren't actually leftists, they just play them on TV.

and this is not a "no true scotsman" argument. The positions they push are virtually indistinguishable from the Right. and, like the Right, they're both funded by corporate money, which isn't even disputable. Bernie isn't. That's why they don't like him.

I wouldn't take Trump's word for it or act like I know what's really going on, but the leaders of Spain, Austria, Britain, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Poland, Portugal, and Sweden are all supporting Guaido.

I know Bernie dodged the question about recognizing Guaido.

The protests calling for change have been significant. The average Venezuelan was reported to have lost 24 lbs back in 2017 due to food shortages. It might be fair to dodge the question of legitimacy of Guaido by law, but there's good reason to at least cheer on regime change.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...t-losses-in-2017-as-hunger-hits-idUSKCN1G52HA

I do not trust any US/Western media on these things.

The oil companies want the oil, and the defense industry wants to sell bombs, and those guys all golf with the heads of NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, TimeWarner, Reuters etc. on Sunday.

I'm just talking about how these "news stories" are not truly newsworthy. I am sure ...that when these false claims were made, Fox News would have positioned the claims as bogus and false. Now that it happens that they are, Fox is harping on it and then pretending that any and all such similar claims are also false.

it's what the media does. they play their sides.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the ones going after Bernie aren't actually leftists, they just play them on TV.

and this is not a "no true scotsman" argument. The positions they push are virtually indistinguishable from the Right. and, like the Right, they're both funded by corporate money, which isn't even disputable. Bernie isn't. That's why they don't like him.
Previously big Hillary supporters.

Previously big Hillary supporters.

if you've been following along on twitter, the usual suspects have been trying to re-tread their 2016 "Bernie Bro" attacks on Sanders and his supporters, without much success. or at least it seems that way to me.

Google image search has been an effective way to catch a lot of the sock puppets and peanut gallery of fake accounts they used to boost hit pieces on Sanders during the last go-round.

He has a ton of momentum, and his opposition on the left are too divided among Harris, Klobuchar, and Gillibrand... even DailyKos, as anti-Sanders of a platform as there is, released a poll showing him as the overwhelming leader for the nomination as of right now.

I wonder how they'll fuck him out of it this time... going to be a lot harder than just rigging the debate schedule, ignoring him in the press, and pre-emptively lining up super-delegates against him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how they'll fuck him out of it this time... going to be a lot harder than just rigging the debate schedule, ignoring him in the press, and pre-emptively lining up super-delegates against him.

True, they did away with super-delegates.

I do not trust any US/Western media on these things.

The oil companies want the oil, and the defense industry wants to sell bombs, and those guys all golf with the heads of NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, TimeWarner, Reuters etc. on Sunday.
Guaido is supposed to have a similar platform to Sanders.

only the ones who don't toe the line (which Smollet clearly does) and even then, it depends.

LOL, do you even know his politics or voting history? I don't.

and guess what? it doesn't matter.

It seems pretty cut and dry that this idiot pulled this stunt to prop up his failing acting career, and for no other reason. He wasn't involved in politics, or pushing any politcal causes, and no one on "the left" is defending him.

but you're okay just making shit up out of whole cloth because it aligns with your regressive politics...

It seems pretty cut and dry that this idiot pulled this stunt to prop up his failing acting career, and for no other reason. He wasn't involved in politics, or pushing any politcal causes, and no one on "the left" is defending him.

but you're okay just making shit up out of whole cloth because it aligns with your regressive politics...

I don't know. Saying he was attacked by two guys wearing MAGA hats...that seems pretty political to me. I mean, why bring in MAGA unless you want it to be political?

His acting career could hardly have been described as “failing” at the time of his police report.

His Empire gig has been by far the biggest accomplishment of his showbiz career. He was being paid a lot of money; and the show is prepped to go on into syndication.

I think the stunt might show him to be mentally ill or insane, much more than a stunt to prop up his career - there was a 99% chance it would go sideways on him - only a fucking crazy person would not have been able to know that.

His Twitter feeds indicate that he is not a fan of Trump.

I don’t know how much is from mental illness, how much is from an insane attempt to boost his public profile, and how much has to do with his dislike for Trump, but I would think it’s a combination of all of them.

EDIT: I should specifically point that any intent to prop up his showbiz career in my opinion is based in mental illness or insanity-again it is an absolutely insane notion that any good was going to come of this.

I had explained the connection a little clumsily in the body of the post.

Last edited:
I don't know. Saying he was attacked by two guys wearing MAGA hats...that seems pretty political to me. I mean, why bring in MAGA unless you want it to be political?

he's a known trump hater.

Dz9UYc8W0AAJcz8.jpg

If I were a gay, black actor in America (and whose to say I'm not), I doubt I'd be a Trump supporter and for obvious reasons.

Trump's kind of guy ain't black or gay, he's the type of guy who gets busted at a fleabag Rub and Tug joint in Florida.

donald-trump-robert-kraft

he was only claiming he got jumped and bashed by Trump-loving MAGA dudes to...

uh... convince his fellow black Americans they should not support Trump? I guess that makes sense.

I see why this makes sense, since Trump currently enjoys so much support in the black community

Back