Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kevin Smith says it isn't that bad

tigermud

Xrays, negative

DETROIT -- Lions running back Kevin Smith is hurt again.

Smith left Thursday's injury-filled game against Green Bay with a right ankle injury during the first half. He said after the game that an X-ray was negative.

"It wasn't that bad, it's just a matter of I couldn't cut," Smith said. "My X-ray came back negative. ... I think we've just got to do further tests."

Detroit also lost defensive backs Louis Delmas and Chris Houston to knee injuries, and defensive back Brandon McDonald was helped off the field in the third quarter.

Coach Jim Schwartz said he didn't know how many of the injuries are long term.

"Too early to say," he said. "But let's be optimistic. Let's hope none of them are."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7276618/kevin-smith-detroit-lions-injures-right-ankle-x-rays-negative

We are cursed.. We can never stay healthy... Smith was carving up the packers before he got hurt..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]We are cursed.. We can never stay healthy... Smith was carving up the packers before he got hurt..

Well they were going to him on almost every play there before he got hurt wonder if that played a roll in the injury

too much to fast?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
manchild98 said:
I still want to know when the hell he even hurt it?

On the reverse.

That's what I mean. It couldn't have been that play. How the hell do you end with a high ankle sprain from just jogging 10 feet? No one ever touched him. It had to be before that.

manchild98 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

On the reverse.

That's what I mean. It couldn't have been that play. How the hell do you end with a high ankle sprain from just jogging 10 feet? No one ever touched him. It had to be before that.

I dont know then. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

They say a defender crashed into his leg on an earlier play

When Houston got hurt it looked like one of our guys hit him.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]When Houston got hurt it looked like one of our guys hit him.

If I remember the play correctly...Houston spun the receiver around and then was dragging the guy backwards towards himself and that's when Tulloch came in and hit the receiver...who then landed on Houston.

Because Smith is Brittle... It is a shame because he was carving up the weak Packer rush defense..

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Look up smith stats and then look up morris lmao.

So whats your point? They were both carving the weak Packer rush defense up..6.5 yards per carry..

Once the Lions did not score after dominating the first half it was just a matter of time before stafford turned the ball over.. Throw to low get a tip.. Once dip-shit Sue gave the Packers extra 4 points being down 14 we all knew we would not run much anymore..
'
i revise what i said.. If Morris can rush for over 6 yards a carry the Packers rush defense is not bad it is putrid.. Fuck the Packers...

Houston got his knee bashed in by tullochs helmet. Its probably just a real bad knee bruise...with swelling might be a couple weeks at the most. It didnt look like a ligament tear or hyper extension or anything.

mhughes0021 said:
Houston got his knee bashed in by tullochs helmet. Its probably just a real bad knee bruise...with swelling might be a couple weeks at the most. It didnt look like a ligament tear or hyper extension or anything.

It looked like it was the thigh right above the knee. Probably a Charlie horse/bruise from hell.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":mpc11wyx]Look up smith stats and then look up morris lmao.

So whats your point? They were both carving the weak Packer rush defense up..6.5 yards per carry..

Once the Lions did not score after dominating the first half it was just a matter of time before stafford turned the ball over.. Throw to low get a tip.. Once dip-shit Sue gave the Packers extra 4 points being down 14 we all knew we would not run much anymore..
'
i revise what i said.. If Morris can rush for over 6 yards a carry the Packers rush defense is not bad it is putrid.. Fuck the Packers...[/quote:mpc11wyx]

You were making it an excuse why the lions lost. Because smith got hurt. When really morris ran the ball better.

Is it really dominating when you're losing 7-0 lol

Maize&Cheese304 said:
[quote="biggunsbob":98zhizst]

'
i revise what i said.. If Morris can rush for over 6 yards a carry the Packers rush defense is not bad it is putrid.. Fuck the Packers...

You were making it an excuse why the lions lost. Because smith got hurt. When really morris ran the ball better.

Is it really dominating when you're losing 7-0 lol[/quote:98zhizst]

1st half was Detroit being more dominate....over 2 to 1 in yards and Time of Possession, 5 trips to midfield or beyond. They beat themselves with stupid penalties in the 1st half. When Houston went down Rodgers flourished.

Back