Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign CB Gorrer

the secondary may be depleted due to injuries but it has played a lot better over all. 9th in the league after 2 games in yards allowed.

He had a "great tryout". It's sad that I'm hoping for Carey to come back to play nickel

the secondary may be depleted due to injuries but it has played a lot better over all. 9th in the league after 2 games in yards allowed.

Out of sync Eli and a rusty cam hasn't hurt, I don't expect that ranking to last long

Last edited:
He's played with Teryl Austin before. They wanted someone who knows the terminology apparently. We'll see if he can play nickel or if they even use him. Vaughn is still the nickel as of now and Carey could be back and be the nickel.

We clearly don't need a number 1 or number 2 CB. Slay and Mathis are doing well.

5th string CB. Let's see if he has special teams value too.

Last edited:
Cassius Vaughn might be ok, still seems like they should be bringing in a veteran with adequate GAME experience, not a guy with 2 career starts.

Last edited:
Cassius Vaughn might be ok, still seems like they should be bringing in a veteran with adequate GAME experience, not a guy with 2 career starts.

Agreed I would have liked someone else but I understand the logic with terminology. Plus he had a "great tryout". 454 snaps since 2009 doesn't cut it though.

He obviously sucks who cares about terminology. He could have written the freaking book..the guy blows.

You've never seen him in this scheme with this front 7. You don't know yet.

So he's the guy? We've had a bunch of others with this front 7 who no longer are here..

When do moves like this ever pay off..

So he's the guy? We've had a bunch of others with this front 7 who no longer are here..

When do moves like this ever pay off..

Not saying he's the guy. Just can't say he sucks yet before he plays a snap.

The secondary is in good shape with Ihedigbo back, Carey hopefully being average at nickel or Vaughn and Mathis/Slay/quin continuing to play well.

Gorrer still the 5th CB. May not even play.

And moves like this have paid off. Bell (though not recently), Mathis last year and this year.

Last edited:
Back