Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

lombardi

mhughes0021

im starting to think this guy just needs to keep his mouth shut....everytime he says something it makes him look more and more dumb. Now hes saying it surprised him after the game when he realized he didn't use Riddick at all lmao. We have an ocord....that didn't even realize he didn't use Riddick all game. sigh.....

Reggie Bush explains his health; Joe Lombardi explains Riddick's role

December, 11, 2014
Dec 11

By Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Reggie Bush has been in and out of the Detroit Lions' lineup this season a year after reaching the 1,000-yard mark for only the second time in his career.

So how does Bush view this season?

Bush

Bush
?It?s been injured. I?ve been injured,? Bush said. ?So it?s been disappointing to be injured. But obviously if I?m not on the football field, I can?t run the ball, so I can?t be productive if I?m not on the football field.?

That?s been Bush?s biggest issue this season. He?s played in 8 of 13 games and been limited in three others. He hasn?t played in back-to-back games since Weeks 4 and 5 of the season. In his limited time, he?s amassed 217 rushing yards and 177 receiving yards.

Oh, and he missed practice Wednesday, but said that was more of a veteran?s day of rest and that he finished Sunday?s game against Tampa Bay without all that much incident.

As long as Bush is healthy -- and it appears he is -- he?s going to be in the lineup for the Lions. On Sunday, that meant no offensive snaps for second-year back Theo Riddick. Earlier in the week, Lions coach Jim Caldwell said Riddick and Bush play essentially the same role so if Bush is healthy, Riddick will see fewer opportunities.

Yet even Detroit offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi said he didn?t realize Riddick didn?t play at all Sunday in favor of Bush.

?It was just kind of the flow of the game,? Lombardi said. ?I was surprised even, after the game, that (Riddick) didn?t play more. But as you guys know, there?s a similar skill set between him and Reggie so if you?re putting one on the field, you?re taking one off.

?If you putting both on, you?re taking one of your receivers off so it?s just that puzzle that you?re always working on.?

Lombardi said not using Riddick was a ?one-game anomaly? in the game plan and he anticipates using Riddick more in the future. He said the Lions were excited to have Bush, who had been fresh, back in the lineup and that might have played a role.

And when Detroit uses its empty sets, it?s either Bush or Riddick (not both) in the game.

?We?ve got a lot of talented players,? Lombardi said. ?Every week there?s going to be a talented player who doesn?t get his fair share because there?s only 70 plays in a game.

?We?re going to use (Calvin Johnson). We?re going to use Golden (Tate) and it fits in from there.?

We scored 34 without the use of Riddick. Lombardi is a genius.

I said Lombardi numbnuts. Learn to read.

I read correctly fertada boy. If you think Lombardi is a genius... it shows YOU are NOT.

See how the "reply" thing works? I replied to your asinine statement. If you seriously think LOmbardi is a genius, you need to stop drinking Draino, it's bad for you.

Lombardi is a great OC. got a healthy offense and boom 34 points.

Elite offense and elite defense. Super Bowl here we come.

Use Bush vs Tampa makes sense since he was out so long. Give Riddick a week of rest makes sense too. Gotta get Bush back to game speed and best to do that vs a bottom team. Need Riddick to lick a few wounds so he can be fresh. I wouldn't have an issue with Bell getting a week off either vs Vikes.

So if Lombardi failed to realize in game that Riddick didn't play a snap while Lions O was doing well and game was in control, I can let that slide in favor of a player having a chance to rest up for the final games.

Lombardi is a great OC. got a healthy offense and boom 34 points.

Elite offense and elite defense. Super Bowl here we come.

How much did those tickets cost you? WE are huh? I assume you mean you and that mouse in your pocket, cause there won't be any Lions players in uniform there.

How much did those tickets cost you? WE are huh? I assume you mean you and that mouse in your pocket, cause there won't be any Lions players in uniform there.

We the fans and the team. Lions will play in Super bowl.

I lol'ed after reading this thread this morning and then Theo gets the very first carry on the very first play of the game.

Agree reggie isn't helping the offense,he's indesive and spends too much time dancing around. Jim and Joe just need to except reality and stop trying to force what isn't there

Last edited:
Agree reggie isn't helping the offense,he's indesive and spends too much time dancing around. Jim and Joe just need to except reality and stop trying to force what isn't there

Not really mad at Lombardi today. Bell and Ross had 2 drops that would have led to TDs. And that Vikings D is no joke....they're a tough bunch.

Amen chief!!! Every play with him on the field is basically a waste. His speed was his only asset, and he clearly isn't 100%, or has lost it, or both.

He has no more burst. He's holding back Riddicks progression if you ask me.

Not really mad at Lombardi today. Bell and Ross had 2 drops that would have led to TDs. And that Vikings D is no joke....they're a tough bunch.

I meant with bush, jim and Joe need to stop forcing getting bush plays becuase it isn't there for him, dialing up his number is just stalling out drives for the most part

Last edited:
I meant with bush, jim and Joe need to stop forcing getting bush plays becuase it isn't there for him, dialing up his number is just stalling out drives for the most part

its not even a dynamic passing offense with reggie....lombardis dumb ass always puts him in just to dial up some dumb pre planned 1 yard dump pass with defenders blanketed all over him.....its the dumbest thing ive ever seen and our fucking numb nuts of an offensive coordinator keeps going back to it over and over and over.....its comical.

Back