Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Msu vs um

there are still more question marks than positives.

who is going to handle the scoring load with AP and Dawson out, Keith at 60%? Of course harris but defenses will adjust and make someone else beat them.

another problem is playing Appling and Harris a combined 77 out of 80 minutes. Izzo never plays stars that much, we have to play gary payton type defense all game so you can't do that for 40+, hence the reason why we were gassed at the end and gave up the lead. we typically give our starts two breaks each half, we aren't able to do that now, that catches up to you in March when your guys are completely gassed and have no legs. It's good that the tournament has longer TO's but we need fresher legs to shoot.

For the most part these are short term or mid term problems and I agree. Maybe the injuries blow up a Big Ten Title for reasons you suggest.

But short term I think AP is back. Mid term I think Dawson will be back and Appling has a chance to play through his injury while it heals a bit. Ellis can expand his minutes at guard in the meantime. There's a lot of upside with that kid.

I know Izzo isn't satisfied with his "Mr. March" moniker and wants a full season out of his team. But these injuries will make it tough to win the Big Ten. That is a tremendously frustrating reality. But the experience of playing without some key guys will pay dividends come tourney time when hopefully everyone is nearly healthy.

I think 14-4 is still a realistic goal in Big Ten play. They do that and win the BTT with a hopefully healthy lineup and they should still get a #1 seed getting some benefit of the doubt with the injuries. Texas and Oklahoma are helping them out a lot by playing so well in the Big 12 right now too.

I think 14-4 is still a realistic goal in Big Ten play. They do that and win the BTT with a hopefully healthy lineup and they should still get a #1 seed getting some benefit of the doubt with the injuries. Texas and Oklahoma are helping them out a lot by playing so well in the Big 12 right now too.

14-4 is realistic, lose at iowa, maybe Wisconsin minus dawson. At Michigan will be tough, may have a full lineup but they will have 7 days prep prior to that game and be playing at home. We may play that one for a share

This does set up the possibility that Michigan finishes ahead of us in the big ten standings, I don't think that has happened since the tractor traylor years. Using eligible players it might be since the 80's

Back