Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Info on Avril

Some people are definitely undervaluing Houston on here, IMO, He has proven to be a solid #1. Not great, but he goes about and does his job and rarely makes mistakes. Only game I can remember him being a liability was the first half of the Dallas game. Then he came back and made that huge INT which help us come back. IMO, he is a top 15-20 CB right now and will get at least 7mil annually. My guess is if he has another year like last year he will get around 8.5mil per, especially if he shows good ball skills like he did last year because that was missing earlier in his career.

a 4 years deal worth around 32-34mil is about what I would offer with around 15mil or so in guarantees.

Only reason he could ever be considered a #1 is because of the laughable amount of true shutdown corners in the NFL so there's a smaller gap between the #1's and #2's but if you look at his peers it starts to take shape.

He's not even in the same stratosphere as the Revis's, Aso's, Woodson's which are the shut down 1's.

The next level which is the legit #1 CB's is the Brent Grimes, Brandon Flowers, Chris Gamble's, Jon Joseph's and such which Houston is still well below. Don't really think anybody can argue this.

Its not till you get to the low tier #1's, rising #2's that you can even enter Houston's body of work into the conversation and even still I don't think he matches up. If you put him up against guys like Terrell Thomas and Jabari Greer who are what they are, solid #1's who have been holding down that spot for a couple years successfully or against the risers like Lardarius Webb, Joe Haden who still have a ton of room to grow and become legit studs are any of you taking Houston over these guys? Me either!

Houston has pretty much already reached his ceiling and isn't going to get a ton better than what he currently is. He's a 5 year vet who's solid in man and can be left on an island for short periods/select plays, he plays the ball decent but not great, he's an average tackler and he's also had some slight durability concerns.

Sure fits the bill of a #2 corner to me.

Back