Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC WC Playoff: Lions @ Saints Thread

Drank coffee out of the Lions helmet mug after the regular season ended for the first time since I stopped using it as a change jar. Feels good...

I think I'll sport the Lem Barney jersey today in attempts to help bolster the secondary...

Here's to a rematch with Green Bay next week!

I woke up today feeling like an 8yr boy on Christmas Day. I called my brother at 7:45am just to talk some Lions Football. I have my 2-1/2yr old son running around the house screaming playoffs and wanted his Lions jersey on. It feels like I've waited forever for this day to come, the day my Lions play a playoff game.

It's going down in NO. tonight. Stafford is gonna put himself up there w the elite QB's when he knocks off Brees and those boys. Calvin is gonna be considered hands down best WR in football. And the best part about it is Mr. Suh will have every body forgetting about the "stomp" incident. An upset will occur tonight, records will be broke and the Lions will be headed to GB to face the Packers! 45-38 Lions.

I've totally come around on my prediction for this game.

Our secondary has been disrespected by the media all week long and the saints have been getting a 24 hour blowjob by the media since the matchup was set. take out all of our penalties in the last game and we very easily could have been much closer or even won the game.

Lions 38
Saints 34.

I'm gonna do my job today. I'm gonna have all of Portland, all of Oregon and all the NW ready for this game today. Folks, New Year celebration has nothing on a Lions Playoff game. Drinks will be had, pots and pans will be banged, fire works will be going off and news broadcasters across our nation will be breaking a story. It's going down in the 503 town!

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]I've totally come around on my prediction for this game.

Our secondary has been disrespected by the media all week long and the saints have been getting a 24 hour blowjob by the media since the matchup was set. take out all of our penalties in the last game and we very easily could have been much closer or even won the game.

Lions 38
Saints 34.

Same here, I've done a completely 180 since last Sunday.

For the first time in 4 years I feel like a homer.

Lions 42
Saints 38

Romneybot said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]I've totally come around on my prediction for this game.

Lions 38
Saints 34.

Lions 42
Saints 38

I just have a feeling like Gunther and JS have been holding back the Defense for when they really need it. There were a lot of different looks that we did with the D-line last year that really helped the pass rush, but we haven't touched those plays this year. Tonight would be the ideal time to bust those out again. It might catch the saints by surprise and give us a big point swing.

SLICK said:
34 - 24 Saints.

to many match up problems with the Saints.

You're out your raggedy ass mind if you think the Saints have a shot knocking off the Lions.

503 said:
SLICK said:
34 - 24 Saints.

to many match up problems with the Saints.

You're out your raggedy ass mind if you think the Saints have a shot knocking off the Lions.

really....go back and read your "Real Talk" thread and tell me who is outta their mind.

SLICK said:
503 said:

really....go back and read your "Real Talk" thread and tell me who is outta their mind.

Now you wanna get serious..Go back and re-think your Okung over Suh pick. It's Lions playoffs today, let's just be happy

Its funny because I think our defense is much better than the Saints defense. However the Saints offense is a little better than ours. ST are a wash. So it seems like we would have the advantage, however that is not taking into account two things:

1. The penalties we amass
2. Playoff experience

503 said:
SLICK said:

Now you wanna get serious..Go back and re-think your Okung over Suh pick. It's Lions playoffs today, let's just be happy

where did I say I'd take Okung over Suh ? sure I wanted a LT but I was on board with Suh right after the combine putz.

now you on the other hand and the "Real Talk".....lol

SLICK said:
503 said:

where did I say I'd take Okung over Suh ? sure I wanted a LT but I was on board with Suh right after the combine putz.

I'm not even gonna debate this shit w u. If you like we can take this to the NFL general board. But this thread, I'm gonna keep my Lions Playoff high going.

503 said:
SLICK said:

I'm not even gonna debate this shit w u. If you like we can take this to the NFL general board. But this thread, I'm gonna keep my Lions Playoff high going.

true anyone who exalts the virtues of Drew Stanton over Matt Stafford wouldn't wanna debate....lol

your high should be over mid way through the 2nd quarter tonight.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Romneybot said:

Lions 42
Saints 38

I just have a feeling like Gunther and JS have been holding back the Defense for when they really need it. There were a lot of different looks that we did with the D-line last year that really helped the pass rush, but we haven't touched those plays this year. Tonight would be the ideal time to bust those out again. It might catch the saints by surprise and give us a big point swing.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. How awesome would it be if he waited to bring it out for playoffs? We shall see though

imthetruth said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

I was thinking the same thing the other day. How awesome would it be if he waited to bring it out for playoffs? We shall see though

unless they've been hiding 2 Pro Bowl CBs and a Safety in the locker room for 16 games...theyre gonna get shredded.

elrod said:
Drank coffee out of the Lions helmet mug after the regular season ended for the first time since I stopped using it as a change jar. Feels good...

I think I'll sport the Lem Barney jersey today in attempts to help bolster the secondary...

Here's to a rematch with Green Bay next week!

I'm putting my "Chris's Crew" Pic with Jack Christiansen, Dick LeBeau, Jim David, and Yale Lary next to the widescreen along with my Bobby Layne, Yale Lary, Barry Sanders football card. They will need a huge effort stopping the passing and offense the saints have. Uphill battle imo, stranger things have happened, Go Lions.

Gunther was so much more creative last year. I wonder why he hasn't tried any of it this year.

Back