Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC WC Playoff: Lions @ Saints Thread

We need a repeat San Diego performance...but this one will have to be on the road...in a playoff game...against a great offense.

Lions FS Louis Delmas (knee) is active and starting at New Orleans for the Wild Card round of the playoffs.
Delmas figures to be rusty in his first game since Thanksgiving, but he's still a major upgrade on speed-challenged Chris Harris. Kevin Smith (ankle, knee) and Calvin Johnson (Achilles) are active, as expected. Lions inactives: QB Drew Stanton, RB Joique Bell, OG Leonard Davis, DT Andre Fluellen, LB Doug Hogue, CB Brandon McDonald, and S Chris Harris.
Jan 7 - 6:35 PM

Saints declared WR Lance Moore, CB Leigh Torrence, LB Jonathan Casillas, OL Seth Olsen, TE Tory Humphrey, TE John Gilmore, and DE Turk McBride for the Wild Card round versus the Lions.
Moore was ruled out on Friday, hardly a positive sign for his chances of a return next week should the Saints advance. Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson will pick up snaps as legit starters for the fantasy playoffs in a game that features an over/under of 59 points.

Was watching a bit of the replay on NFL network from reg season game vs Saints. It sure seemed like Fairley was having a solid game to the point CC commented that Fairley was dominating the Saints after his sack of Brees.

This is the part I think many have disregarded in the media, in no small part because of the Saints having both Gs being named All Pros, but if Fairley was dominating and Suh was out and the Saints only led 3-0 before Fairley had to leave after re-injuring his ankle...well, that just told me the Lions DL can dominate and take control of this game in a BIG way.

I also believe the Lions are going to be hungrier for this game than the Saints as they seem to be coming into it almost expecting to win despite what happened last year. Sure they've said a few things about being more focused, but in terms of energy I think the Lions come out thumping them and win the game in a blowout as everything spirals out of control for the Saints.

Lions 54
Saints 17

This is a pretty tall order, the Lions have to play great tonight to have a chance, but if they do play great they can shock the NFl and beat the Saints.

The Lions have proven they can play with anyone.

Cincy down. Monster's 0-1 so far in his predictions. Monster doesn't go 0-2. Lions win!

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Cincy down. Monster's 0-1 so far in his predictions. Monster doesn't go 0-2. Lions win!

I hope you're right!!! If the Lions are playing football next week, I'll be ecstatic!!!

johnny2x2x said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Cincy down. Monster's 0-1 so far in his predictions. Monster doesn't go 0-2. Lions win!

I hope you're right!!! If the Lions are playing football next week, I'll be ecstatic!!!

As I said, I don't go 0-2.

Rodney Harrison still looking down on the Lions. Fuck him.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Man buffalo wild wings is packed here, gonna be a good time!

Hahaha, that's why I ordered take out man. I'm in Bay City... there was a line out the door when I walked in. Got my food and got the hell out.

MalFunkShun said:
Charles Barkley doing football commentary? wtf...

Sir Charles is only non-football guy could get away with that.

whoa, shit! I just realized...stafford's QB Rating ended up at 97.2!!!

I know he had huge numbers everywhere else, but man, without that finger injury he might be up there with Rodgers in terms of Rating.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="BestIsBest":zmun8etw]Man buffalo wild wings is packed here, gonna be a good time!

Asian Zing mmm[/quote:zmun8etw]

Exactly what I'm snackin' on.

375282_346621045367355_205344452828349_1300363_1111595095_n.jpg

just saw this. thought i'd lighten the mood on the game thread.

Back