Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL Playoffs

Blue Jackets win Franchise first playoff series sweeping the Presidents trophy team Tampa Bay 4-0. They won game four tonight 7-3. Tampa had 62 regular season wins.

Wish we had Columbus head coach. He makes Blashill look like a junior league coach.

Islanders sweep Pittsburgh on the road 4-0. Winning Game four 3-1. Empty net just seals the game. 2nd time in a quarter century the Islanders have moved to the second round. I think first time since 1993 Pittsburgh was swept.

Another coach behind a bench I would rather have then Jeff.

Last edited:
Tampa Bay become the first President trophy winning team in the Expansion era (1967-68) To go winless in the playoffs after leading the league in points. Yikes !
62 wins was tied for the best ever , and 128 points was 4th best.

Last edited:
Jets square series 2-2 in St Louis and Winnipeg dominates overtime. Winning game four 2-1 in overtime and take home ice back from St Louis as the road team has won each game.

Hey Holland ! 2nd year club from Las Vegas is light years better then your shitty club!

Vegas takes a commanding lead back to San Jose up 3-1 in the series and look to close it out on the road . Final in game four was 5-0. 15 career playoff shutout for Fleury ties Osgood for 4th all time in shutouts in the post season.

Its easy to get a good team from the expansion draft now than in years past. I expect when Seattle gets here they will have success as well. Maybe not Vegas success but nonetheless success.

The Nhl is the only big league where a first year team can be this good lol. In football it takes a few years. In baseball it take a few years. In basketball it takes forever. No other league gives first year teams this much help. I get you want the fans to buy in but come on it should not be this easy to be good lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Holland ! 2nd year club from Las Vegas is light years better then your shitty club!

Vegas wasn't handicapped with bad contracts.

Vegas not handicapped with 'veterans'.

Vegas has a top coach.

Many of the best players were on ELC and bridge deals.

Florida gifted Vegas 2 of their top 6 forwards.

Marchy has 135 points in 159 games.
Smith has 113 points in 141 games.

Imagine getting that package for total cost of.... accepting Marchy for promise of taking Smith in expansion draft.

I mean, last year they were the 2nd best in the NHL so by your logic every GM but one should be fired.

So everyone thinks Holland is a good gm still?

Holland has been getting paid on his past results before 2010ish. Most GM's and coaches would be fired for the track record he has had the last 5 or so years. Hey maybe next year Holland and jeff will figure it out. Not holding my breath but I guess we can hope!!

Last edited:
Vegas wasn't handicapped with bad contracts.

Vegas not handicapped with 'veterans'.

Vegas has a top coach.

Many of the best players were on ELC and bridge deals.

Florida gifted Vegas 2 of their top 6 forwards.

Marchy has 135 points in 159 games.
Smith has 113 points in 141 games.

Imagine getting that package for total cost of.... accepting Marchy for promise of taking Smith in expansion draft.

Holland should be fired for his bad contracts alone and keeping Blashill as a head coach. Maybe I am wrong about Jeff but I watch playoff teams and wish we had system like some of those clubs. I guess we just dont have the talent.

I think you accidentally but on purpose edited my post Bob. Lol.

Holland should be fired for his bad contracts alone and keeping Blashill as a head coach. Maybe I am wrong about Jeff but I watch playoff teams and wish we had system like some of those clubs. I guess we just dont have the talent.

Well nearly 40 years with the organization will cut you some leeway.

Every team has some bad contracts. Who knows, maybe it was Illitch who wanted to reward all them Michigan boys.

We are overly critical of Holland cause we are Wings fans and the team is doing shit. A lot of the criticism is ustified. However, he is still well respected in the league and ownership. And not all of his moves have been awful. That Larkin contract for example is a massive steal.

So everyone thinks Holland is a good gm still?

Holland has been getting paid on his past results before 2010ish. Most GM's and coaches would be fired for the track record he has had the last 5 or so years. Hey maybe next year Holland and jeff will figure it out. Not holding my breath but I guess we can hope!!

That wasn't the point at all.

Liking/not liking Holland as a GM is irrelevant to how Vegas is doing in their 1st/2nd season. That was the point.

Vegas got a fresh start with some good talent sent their way. It's a completely different situation.

That wasn't the point at all.

Liking/not liking Holland as a GM is irrelevant to how Vegas is doing in their 1st/2nd season. That was the point.

Vegas got a fresh start with some good talent sent their way. It's a completely different situation.

It is a complete joke how easy Vegas has had it. But the Gm they have has made some darn good moves also. I just feel Holland needs retire. Larkin contract or not kenny needs to start delivering again and soon. 3 playoff misses in a row is to damn much.

Last edited:
Back