Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL Playoffs

So Carolina had 99 points this season, and ended up with the 7th most points in the eastern conference. First playoff apperance since 2009. Man I hope it does not take the Red Wings that long. Nine year drought, and we already are on year 3.

Last edited:
Capitals just must a great two on one play.. guy shot it when he should have passed.

That was one awful power play by the capitals in the second ot.

Last edited:
Third longest ot in a game seven now. Hurricanes looks so much fresher.

Last edited:
Well done Carolina.

I fucking love game 7s, such a good game.

Betting Mrazek can't wait for his big payday this summer.

Hurricanes close out Capitals in Washington on a bad angle pass and great redirect goal.
4-3. They win series 4-3. First team to win on the road in the series.

(Always throw it toward the net)

Not many marque teams left. Lol..

What switched the series... The dirty hit on Oshie

Last edited:
Mrazek had a nice season and though he got roughed up a bit in Washington he got it done when he had too and made some nice saves when it mattered.

I’m just using the record like the old way before the new format. Hopefully they will change it back after next season, and add more one game wildcard playoff like baseball.
Who is the favorite, and who are you rooting for.

Eastern conference

#8 Columbus.....Zero cups
#2 Boston..........6 cups. Last in 2011

#7 Carolina.........1 Cup. Last in 2006.
#4 Islanders........4 cups. All in 1980,81,82, 83.

Western Conference

#6 Dallas..........1 cup in 1999.
#5 St Louis........zero cups expansion made 3 in a row 67-69. Lost all.

#8 Colorado........2 cups. Last in 2001.
#2 San Jose........zero cups. Lost one in 2016.

Last edited:
From West Sharks are top dog I think.

Dallas had little business winning their series. Colorado is a 1 line team, such them down and it should be over.

St. Louis is riding a hot goalie and San Jose is stacked. If Pavelski can come back they should be the favourites to make the finals.

Columbus should beat Boston but you never know. Boston was outplayed 80% of the time during the Toronto series and manage to squeek a victory.

Carolina my oh my, I doubt many people expected them to win. They'll be underdogs again vs Trotz and whoever he is coaching.

I'd take Columbus or Islanders to come out of the east.

I guess I am rooting for St Louis then. Red’s old team.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Islanders verses sharks or Blues verses Islanders or maybe Carolina verses anyone.

Rooting for

Blues.
Sharks.
Stars.
Hurricanes.
Islanders.
Boston.
Colorado.
Columbus (Fuck Ohio)

If we have more games like tonight and last night I don't care who wins.

I wish Columbus hard coach was the Wings head coach. He is good.

Back