Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL Playoffs

100% that was not worth a 5 minute major.

Eakins gave Pavelski a light cross-check after the faceoff. Off -balance he goes into Stastny who pushes him out of the way. Falls down onto ice with his head hitting on the ice.

Yah it was a big impact him falling down, but it ain't a penalty. It was given more for the result than the action.

It was at least worth 2 minutes. But with blood they had to give 5. This is not Terry Sawchuk time period when that wouldn’t have been called. It had to be called.

Last edited:
Man both teams are getting great chances. Man Vegas looks real big to me wish the Wings could get real big. Vegas appears to have better defense to me. Is that right Hammer ? Sharks look gassed to me. Man just amazing chances end to end. First a push by Vegas. Then a push by the Sharks . Back and forth.

Last edited:
Sharks complete the comeback, and beat Vegas in game seven 5-4 in overtime.
Win series 4-3. Down 3-1 in the series, and 3-0 with 9:13 minutes left game seven

Last edited:
Colorado is going to smoke San Jose. Just my opinion. Not a big fan of either team being a Detroit fan.

Last edited:
It was at least worth 2 minutes. But with blood they had to give 5. This is not Terry Sawchuk time period when that wouldn?t have been called. It had to be called.

No, it shouldn't have been a penalty at all.

They only blew the whistle after they noticed Pavelski down. It was given for the result, the refs weren't giving it a penalty in the first place.

No, it shouldn't have been a penalty at all.

They only blew the whistle after they noticed Pavelski down. It was given for the result, the refs weren't giving it a penalty in the first place.

Disagree. He cross-checked him. Easy call. Now 2 or 5 minutes is debatable. But the crosscheck is not and you know in the modern nhl they will call that every time. This isn’t 10 to 50 years ago. They are looking to protect guys. Plus he was crossed checked by one guy and pushed hard to the ice by the other guy so his head hit ,and he couldn’t defend himself. Just saw it again. And wonder what you are looking at?
The cross check is clear as day.

Last edited:
Unfortunate to Vegas because so far in the playoffs the refs seem to let them play..

Watching in slow motion he lost his balance. Not sure I would have given a penalty either. Pushed him in the chest..

Watching in slow motion he lost his balance. Not sure I would have given a penalty either. Pushed him in the chest..

No that isn’t it at all. He was crossed checked , and then lost his balance and was pushed hard by the second guy as he going down . It may have been a weak cross-check call but there is doubt it is a cross-check to me. I think PW is right the result of blood on the ice pushed it to a 5 minute instead of a 2 minute penalty.

Glad Vegas is beat. It should not be this easy to have a good team as a expansion team . Yeah I know some in here disagree but we can all have different opinions on it.

Last edited:
No that isn?t it at all. He was crossed checked , and then lost his balance and was pushed hard by the second guy as he going down . It may have been a weak cross-check call but there is doubt it is a cross-check to me. I think PW is right the result of blood on the ice pushed it to a 5 minute instead of a 2 minute penalty.

Glad Vegas is beat. It should not be this easy to have a good team as a expansion team . Yeah I know some in here disagree but we can all have different opinions on it.
I don't know if he was pushed hard just kind of accidentally lost his balance. 2 minutes maybe but 5 and misconduct I won't think so.

Eakins push on Pavelski happens multiple times in every game. What made situation worse is he fell into Stastny who pushed him out of his way.

Has he not fell into Stastny he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Also note on the replay none of the officials raise their arm. NOT A SINGLE FUCKING ONE! Note the arm of the linesman comes up when he notices Pavelski isn't getting up and in need of assistance.

Vegas is bust and that's fine with me. Bad call (yes) or not, when your PK folds like a bad poker hand, leave the table in haste.

True, the PK was just a mess. I wasn't really rooting for anyone buy that's a bad way to lose.

Carolina is going to need a nice 5 minute PP. 2-0 already Capitals.

NHL playoffs are the reason I always root to make the playoffs. You just never know when a lower seed can pull off a huge upset. Best playoffs of all the major sports. Can’t wait till the wings get back in!

Last edited:
Back