Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

As the #2 ranked player in his class according to ESPN, you

i seriously can not wait for CBB to start! I can't wait to see my bulls and kings playing, but the NBA is starting to get annoying. Too much money being spent on players that are scrubs.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]i seriously can not wait for CBB to start! I can't wait to see my bulls and kings playing, but the NBA is starting to get annoying. Too much money being spent on players that are scrubs.

Yeah, I love the NBA unconditionally I guess you could say.I really don't care about how much money the guys make or "super teams"...I would rather see stars on their own teams with role players around them but it is what it is and doesn't necessarily mean championships although most of the time it does. I love watching Bulls playoff ball again..went awhile without it. Too bad they cancelled the 1st couple weeks of the season already. AT BEST we'll be lucky to see 50 games this year. It's sad because they've already experienced basketball dropping off after a lockout yet theyre doing it all over again. Can't WAIT for UM hoops though. Very excited...Hell I'm geeked for next years UM team. lol

Absolutely...that would take him from undersized to a big body too.

I hope Michigan lands McGary.. I wish they could land Shabazz Muhammad also, but that is a pipe dream.. We all know snake Cal has a max contract in place for him..

tigers99888 said:
I hope Michigan lands McGary.. I wish they could land Shabazz Muhammad also, but that is a pipe dream.. We all know snake Cal has a max contract in place for him..

McGary was a pipe dream too.

Beez said:
tigers99888 said:

Yeah, back when I mentioned him in my first post he definitely was. There were connections though. Don't know of any such aau/best friend/same school as current player action with Shabazz.

DR said:
Beez said:

Yeah, back when I mentioned him in my first post he definitely was. There were connections though. Don't know of any such aau/best friend/same school as current player action with Shabazz.

I heard he's been a part of blue rage for years, so we've got that going.

Beez said:
DR said:

I heard he's been a part of blue rage for years, so we've got that going.

I hope he's not the guy I spilled my captain and coke on!

I think McGary ends up going to UNC and Shabazz will probably go to UK or Zona.. I think the fact that he doesn't have to travel far, will get major burn, and is an up and coming program are the reasons Zona has a great shot landing him.. UNC seems to really be making a run at Mitch and I have a feeling he wants to play more than 1 year of college ball..

tigers99888 said:
I think McGary ends up going to UNC and Shabazz will probably go to UK or Zona.. I think the fact that he doesn't have to travel far, will get major burn, and is an up and coming program are the reasons Zona has a great shot landing him.. UNC seems to really be making a run at Mitch and I have a feeling he wants to play more than 1 year of college ball..
Well supposedly most believe its down to Duke and UM.

Beez said:
tigers99888 said:
I think UNC's transition offense is probably better suited for McGary, and he could get some burn there because the 5 starters for UNC right now are projected 1st round picks with McAdoo and Barnes being possibly top 5 locks..

tigers99888 said:
Beez said:
I think UNC's transition offense is probably better suited for McGary, and he could get some burn there because the 5 starters for UNC right now are projected 1st round picks with McAdoo and Barnes being possibly top 5 locks..

yeah, sounds like it would have been UM if not for McGarys parents. Seems like they're leaning hard towards Duke or UNC. I've read a lot of stuff that insists its Duke or UM though. Can't really believe anything you read in recruiting I guess.

Back