Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Best game you've attended

bestisbest

Can be anything, not just Michigan games.

For me:

2011 night game, Michigan vs. ND
or
Game 3 ALCS Tigers vs. A's. Kenny Rogers was a stud that night.

Hmm...

this year I attended two pretty great ones: ND & ohio.

Prior to that:

- 2002 win over Penn St - first OT game at Big House

- 2002 49 - 3 win over MSU in the revenge game after the infamous "Long second" game we lost in '01. They fired Bobby Williams right after that.

Here's to hoping 2012 Michigan-MSU is a repeat of that: just a complete curb stomping.

When I lived in Minnesota, my wife and I watched the Twins and Redsoxs.

Santanna and Scheling (Spelling) pitched a damn fine game. Both went into the 9th and each gave up 1 run in the 9th. In the 12th Joe Mauer hit a walk off Grand slam. I am not a fan of either team, but it was one of the best games I had seen.

Also the 2010 NLDS Reds Vs. Cards, was a good game. Reds lost (that sucked) but the stadium was rocking.

Also seen some great games at Purdue, all the Michigan games I have seen have been blow outs.

Don't remember the year, but Michigan basketball was down 16 or so points with 6 minutes against Wisconsin, and went on the most ridiculous run I've ever seen and won with a Daniel Horton block on the last play to seal it.

2011 UM v ND - Under the Lights
2011 UM v Ohio* - Ending the streak

2007 Rockies v Padres - One game play-in comeback win in the bottom of the 13th
2006 AFC Divisional Playoff - Broncos v Pats - Champ Bailey 100yd INT return to the 1yd line

Other Broncos playoff games ...

1991 UM v ND - Desmond and "The Catch"
1996 Summer Olympics, Atlanta -- pretty unique and cool

1971 All-Star Game at Tiger Stadium
1975 M-OSU Football

11/22/2003 100th Game Michigan vs OSU.

It was my first Michigan vs OSU game and I enjoyed every second of Braylon torching Gamble and Perry running it down the throats of the Buckeyes. One of the happiest days of my life.

Definitely "Under the Lights". It's a game that my kids will remember for their entire lives.

As we left the stadium that night, I had told my boys that it was a hundred year game. An instant classic was another term I used.

Off the top of my head:

Judgement Day, 1997 UM at P.S.U.
Magic's last high school game vs. Brother Rice

N.D. and osu games this year
Iowa at UM 1997
Virginia at UM 1995
Only football game I went to at Tiger Stadium, Lions lost to the Vikings 10-9 on Turkey Day I think....."73 or "74???
UM at Indiana last year was pretty entertaining.
New Jersey Generals at Tampa Bay Bandits "84.....mom worked for the Bucs and Bandits....got to meet Keith Jackson and Lynn Swann
A's at Tigers on my 17th birthday in 82.....3rd row to watch Billy Martin throw a tantrum right in front of me

TheWolverines24 said:
11/22/2003 100th Game Michigan vs OSU.

It was my first Michigan vs OSU game and I enjoyed every second of Braylon torching Gamble and Perry running it down the throats of the Buckeyes. One of the happiest days of my life.

I was gonna post this one, too. Got to rush the field afterward which was awesome. I'll give a special mention to the 2002 opener against Washington aka the Phill Brabbs miracle.

2011 Ohio*, sat 2nd row behind the UM bench. Before that, 2005 PSU "Touchdown Manningham! Michigan wins!" Was on the 45 yard line, about 25 rows behind the PSU bench for that one.

2002 Steelers - Browns playoff game, big second half comeback. 2008 AFC Championship game Steelers - Ravens was pretty sweet too.

2001 hockey playoffs, Pens pulled the goalie against Buffalo and tied it up with about 20 seconds to go, and won it in OT.

As events, the Winter Classic last year was a ton of fun. The Final Four in Indianapolis a couple years back was great too.

In 2001 was at PNC Park, Pirates vs. Astros. Pirates down 8-2 in the 9th. First two guys out on like 3 pitches. Pirates score 7 in the bottom of the 9th after 2 outs. Vinny Castilla hit 3 homeruns that day, and in his third at bat (with 2 HRs already), Brian Giles climbed the left field wall to bring back what would have been Castilla's third home run of the game. He hit his third of the game in his next at bat. Brian Giles hit a walkoff grand slam against Billy Wagner.

Michigan vs. Arizona, March, 2005.

The Wolverines beat the #1 ranked Wildcats to take over the #1 Ranking which they would never relinquish, on the way to their first ever national championship.

Ironically Samantha Finlay, who would end up being the College World Series hero, struck out four times that game, and made a rare error at first base.

damfran said:
Off the top of my head:

Judgement Day, 1997 UM at P.S.U.
Magic's last high school game vs. Brother Rice

N.D. and osu games this year
Iowa at UM 1997
Virginia at UM 1995
Only football game I went to at Tiger Stadium, Lions lost to the Vikings 10-9 on Turkey Day I think....."73 or "74???
UM at Indiana last year was pretty entertaining.
New Jersey Generals at Tampa Bay Bandits "84.....mom worked for the Bucs and Bandits....got to meet Keith Jackson and Lynn Swann
A's at Tigers on my 17th birthday in 82.....3rd row to watch Billy Martin throw a tantrum right in front of me
I was at the Iowa game in 97, it was great. Although a lot of booing going into halftime, the crowd erupted in cheers as the team took the field for the 3rd quarter.

There were a ton of great games that year. Along with the Iowa game in '97, I attended the ND game which was a nail biter, and the ohio* game which was oh so sweet. Vintage Michigan football.

I have 2 games that I will never forget that I was at. The first was my first ever game at the bighouse. And that was the 05 game vs Penn st. Henne to Manninghan on the last play of the game to win it. The crowd went crazy. I never thought that would ever be topped. Then I went to the UTL game this year. To win that game they way they did against a team like ND who I believe was better than us at the time. That crowd was amazing as everyone who was there will agree with. No one wanted to leave we just all stayed and sang and celebrated.

wheels002 said:
I have 2 games that I will never forget that I was at. The first was my first ever game at the bighouse. And that was the 05 game vs Penn st. Henne to Manninghan on the last play of the game to win it. The crowd went crazy. I never thought that would ever be topped. Then I went to the UTL game this year. To win that game they way they did against a team like ND who I believe was better than us at the time. That crowd was amazing as everyone who was there will agree with. No one wanted to leave we just all stayed and sang and celebrated.

Yep, that was great. (UTL)

I saw the Woody tears up the first down marker game...that was pretty cool...

I saw the touchdown grab by Anthony Carter as the clock was running out...that was pretty cool...

I saw Michigan come from more than two scores down late in the fourth quarter, including recovering an onside kick, to beat UCLA at the Rose Bowl (Rose Bowl Stadium; not in the Rose Bowl Game) in Sept of 89

At the end of that season, I saw Bo's last game, in the Rose Bowl Game itself...although it was a loss, that sucked...

The 73 tie with Ohio State was exciting as hell, albeit disappointing...

I saw the Tigers clinch the Eastern Division Championship in 1987...

Michigan Rose Bowl January 2nd 1989.. Others ND this year and the comeback Tate had.

besides obvious ones slready listed i have yo add

rose bowl to start 1998 (our nc)
and the 2004 msu triple ot
for more recnt history given my age

Back