Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Best game you've attended

I was at ohio* stadium in '96 when Shawn springs slipped and Tai Streets took it to the house for a sweet 13-9 win

I also saw MSU take out ohio* at ohio* stadium while Nick Saban was coach. I don't remember what year.

DR said:
Wow, those are some brutal games.

The Syracuse loss had to be amazingly deflating. I remember being very depressed after that Illinois loss. The 34-9 loss to Iowa was especially demoralizing too.

Depressed? Why the fuck was the was that?

Michigan only blew about a four touchdown lead, or something like that.

I smashed, broke and threw shit that day.

I ended up having to have my driver's side car door replaced.

MichChamp02 said:
that was '98. ohio's only loss that season
Yep. Thanks.

Crazy game with awkward bounces, and huge momentum shifts. I remember knowing the nuts were going to lose, it seemed like everyone could feel it. It was also really weird being in ohio* stadium for that game because I didn't really care who won/lost. In the end I think I was pretty satisfied with a nut loss.

I was at the '95 Game for the Biakabatuka 313 yard day vs. ohio*. That was FUN to watch.

I used to go to a lot of games... :-/

1991 -- Michigan Basketball vs Duke -- Regular Season, December 14th, Crisler Arena
Webber puts up a half-court shot as time expires and it rims out ... OT.
Duke wins the game but the Fab Five have arrived.
Foreshadowing.....

1978, M-MSU basketball. Keith Smith sinks two free throws with 0:00 on the clock and M wins something like 43-42. After that, State went on a tear to the NC.

1976 Tigers vs A's...The Bird went 11 innings to get a 1-0 shutout on my 8th birthday....benches cleared but no punches thrown

Um vs Washington 2002 last second field goal by a fellow Midlander...keep fighting Brabbs... it was so damn hot that day...took my nephew and was scared I would have to leave as he did not handle the heat well

Um vs Notre Dame 2009 Tate was awesome...Cissoko was completely overmatched by the Irish wideouts

Um - Notre Dame 2011 UTL!! those first 3 quarters were rough... what an emotional roller coaster... it has to be number 1 on this list

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
DR said:
Wow, those are some brutal games.

The Syracuse loss had to be amazingly deflating. I remember being very depressed after that Illinois loss. The 34-9 loss to Iowa was especially demoralizing too.

Depressed? Why the fuck was the was that?

Michigan only blew about a four touchdown lead, or something like that.

I smashed, broke and threw shit that day.

I ended up having to have my driver's side car door replaced.

Oh, well yeah, I was going to mention that too.

well, it was only a 20 point lead, but I guess it doesn't really matter. the difference is largely academic. halftime, score was 27-7... final score 35-29. i remember seriously considering leaving at the half.

We had plenty of chances to win it, but kept making dumb mistakes: <blockquote>Tom Brady's passing drove Michigan to the Illinois 28, but a high snap from center Steve Frazier sailed over Brady's head from the shotgun formation and he fell on it for a 25-yard loss. Brady's pass was picked off at the Illinois 46 by Trayvon Waller two plays later. </blockquote>

Professor, that is funny (coming from a Buckeye)

Best games
2006 ALCS game 4
2004 UM v OSU
2009 OSU v UM
2002 Atl v Cle, got the Browns into the playoffs with a goaline stand against Vick
2011 ALDS game 3
Went to both Tigers playoff games with my dad which makes those better.
2011 Chi v Det game when tigers came back from down 8 (we left early but the best part was playing catch with my dad at old Tigers stadium and eating lunch at Slows before the game)

amajjd said:

Best games
2006 ALCS game 4
2004 UM v OSU
2009 OSU v UM
2002 Atl v Cle, got the Browns into the playoffs with a goaline stand against Vick
2011 ALDS game 3
2011 Chi v Det game when tigers came back from down 8 (we left early but the best part was playing catch with my dad at old Tigers stadium and eating lunch at Slows before the game)

God do I love Slow's. What's better than a bunch of micro brews on tap with un fucking real BBQ? I love their Triple Threat Pork sandwich with NC sauce...oh man!

MichiganMicros313 said:
amajjd said:

Best games
2006 ALCS game 4
2004 UM v OSU
2009 OSU v UM
2011 ALDS game 3

God do I love Slow's. What's better than a bunch of micro brews on tap with un fucking real BBQ? I love their Triple Threat Pork sandwich with NC sauce...oh man!

That's what both of us got. That place is the best.
We took our sales rep who was born and raised in Alabama and he said that was the best BBQ he has ever had in a resturant.

The best games I have attended, being in the USMC I don't get to see too many:

Notre Dame 2011
PSU 2002
MSU 3 OT
Illinois 2010
O$U 2011

I mentioned this in another post, but I have gotten lucky in recent years, because I have been deployed a lot and I have been only able to attend 4 games since 2006 and they all have been extremely good games.

388520_2950671129914_1355447311_33241476_1814592470_n.jpg

UMMarine06 ... this was on my son's FB page ... we now return you to the subject of the thread.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]I saw the Woody tears up the first down marker game...that was pretty cool...

Hey Tinsel...or anyone reading this. Do you remember who committed pass interference on the play that led to Woody going ballistic on the yardmarker?

damfran said:
Think it was Tom Darden...not positive

Yep...Thom Darden! He went on to be a solid pro cornerback with the Browns. Became a real fan favorite which is interesting because he was hated (among Buckeye fans) when a Wolverine.

Back