Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Bowls Thread

hungry

Well, the first bowl game is over and the first upset is in the books as Washington St fumbles away a lead late and allows Colorado St to win in regulation by 3.

I wish I could say that I picked Colorado St, but I didn't. I looked at turnover ratio and for some reason, in this game, I ignored it. Colorado St was +2 on the year and Washington St was -5 on the year. That's a significant difference and the game was turned on 2 fumbles at the end. Interesting.

Washington State is a disgrace to the Pac 12, that game redefined the meaning of chokejob. I too stupidly picked Wazzu.

My friend knows the CSU coach... I only watched 5 plays of this game and 2 were TD's...lol

most bowl games are terrible

that's what happens when you have 35 and they're just thrown together.

most bowl games are terrible

that's what happens when you have 35 and they're just thrown together.

I spend pretty much all day every college football Saturday watching the games on multiple TVs while doing some (well, very little) work from home.

Even I can't get into these minor pre-Christmas bowl games. I watched a good portion of the USC-Fresno game (two ranked teams) but not a second of WSU/CSU or the others.

That said, I don't get the way everyone bitches about them. It's a chance for kids to play on ESPN after perhaps never playing on national TV, and it's a chance for seniors to play one more game since so few of them will ever play again. If you don't like it, do what I (and seemingly most) do and don't watch.

Seriously, turn off the TV and do something else ....

And nice win for the Rams; the coach is the real deal and for as entertaining as "The Pirate" (as he was called repeatedly during the broadcast) is, he's still sort of an arrogant douche.

And I picked Wazzou too ...but so.

And nice win for the Rams; the coach is the real deal and for as entertaining as "The Pirate" (as he was called repeatedly during the broadcast) is, he's still sort of an arrogant douche.

I was at an xmas party for one half of my wife's family yesterday - which is why I caught the USC game. They showed highlights of the other ones, all were terrible. They really do need to shrink how many bowls exist.

Yeah I picked Wazzu too.

Tarnation.

I was traveling to a family event yesterday so I didn't watch football.

They can schedule all the bowls they want as far as I'm concerned. If I don't wanna watch football I'll grab a box of Kleenex and watch whatever Christmas movie is on Hallmark for the 14th time.

Last edited:
Yeah I picked Wazzu too.

Tarnation.

I was traveling to a family event yesterday so I didn't watch football.

They can schedule all the bowls they want as far as I'm concerned. If I don't wanna watch football I'll grab a box of Kleenex and watch whatever Christmas movie is on Hallmark for the 14th time.

Wife was watching the Lifetime channel for those D-level acting, emotional movies for womens.

It seems like they have the same 6 or 7 actors play in them, and they're all pretty terrible. I've never acted before, and I could probably do a better job. former B-level actress Daphne Zuniga is one of them now, I discovered.

Why would you watch these shitty bowl games when there were good college basketball games on TV? I'd rather watch High Point vs VMI basketball than any of the bowl games that were on Saturday. Of course you have to factor in that I think the college football postseason is the worst postseason in sports. That's more of a fact than an opinion.

Last edited:
I am completely fine with the amount of bowls. Its revenue for the schools and tv time for the kids. But at the top there needs to be a playoff for 8 teams I think. At least make the end of the season meaningful. There are some really good teams that play for nothing every year. That is the real travesty because every game for a good team should mean something.

there's video now of the Rams DL coach calling WSU's QB a "f---ing f----t" as he celebrated an early TD in front of the Rams' sideline.

with that guy, the other guy, and Mike Leach on the opposite sideline, this maybe could've been titled the "I need to chill out and stop acting like a jackwad Coach's Bowl"

I am completely fine with the amount of bowls. Its revenue for the schools and tv time for the kids. But at the top there needs to be a playoff for 8 teams I think. At least make the end of the season meaningful. There are some really good teams that play for nothing every year. That is the real travesty because every game for a good team should mean something.

If nobody was interested in the lower tier bowls, they wouldn't exist.

Another good thing about all the bowl games, is of course the FANS of the teams involved are gonna wanna watch, or even travel to the game.

This year is gonna be the first bowl game that isn't the Rose Bowl that I'm going to have ever attended; and the first one I'm going to travel (but not very far though) to.

Plus the more bowl games, the more excitin' the pick'ems game is.

At least for me anyways.

You obviously don't realize that most of these schools lose money going to bowl games...

I am interested in tonight's game. I have never seen Cooks play, so far he looks explosive.

Just ut it on

Looked at stats..

He seems to be in a place that fits him
Good for,him. He also got casteel for dc there

First two seasons were both winning seasons unlike the two losing seasons here

Last edited:
Back