Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peralta

Anyone who says PEDs don't help hit HRs see Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire. End of argument!

barry bonds already had an awesome swing before he started using. while PEDs help they are not guarantees off homers. PEralta for example

barry bonds already had an awesome swing before he started using. while PEDs help they are not guarantees off homers. PEralta for example

you believe that PED's didn't help those guys hit HRs?

Sammy Sosa from 1998-2003 averaged 58 HRs a year.
Mark McGuire's last 4 years in MLB averaged 49 HRs a year.
Barry Bond's 4 year stretch from age 36-39 averaged 52 HRs a year.

Must have been poor pitching and baseballs wound too tight!

No doubt. So Barry was good early in his career and had a great swing. You don't hit 73 freakin' home runs at any age let alone late 30's without help.

no doubt mitch i'm just saying PEDS are not the only reason for homeruns. Tom's arguement is that PEDS are tHE ONLY REASON for homeruns . PEralta never hit a lot of homers. a good swings goes along with it

no doubt mitch i'm just saying PEDS are not the only reason for homeruns. Tom's arguement is that PEDS are tHE ONLY REASON for homeruns . PEralta never hit a lot of homers. a good swings goes along with it

please show me where I said that PEDs are THE ONLY REASON for homeruns

Peds help and they help a lot. And even more so someone can play more than they normally would. Instead of their body breaking down because they're tired from 15 years of baseball, peds makes them go out there day after day. And be able to lift weights day after day..

obviously the PEDS helped but i feel the swing helped too.

Have you ever seen a player with a sweet swing and didn't do a thing? Or someone who had a Barkley swing and was terrific..? Vlad. Guerrero comes to mind.

so we all agree that they help

They obviously contribute, I don;t think anyone anywhere ever said they didn't. The issue was whether or not every time a player has an above average season is it the result of PED's?

And a 1 year aberration does not support the theory of PED use.

Back